• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

cheesekao

I'm the co-breadwinner, and I have a bit of debt. Nothing huge but a bit on one credit card and some on Paypal Credit. I can wait for the Pro.
I see. I think it's in your best interest to settle those debts first then. That shit can snowball if you're not careful.

Still not sure whether I should upgrade from base PS4.

First of all I'm a 1080p TV owner. While we do have a 4K HDR TV, I cannot use it for gaming for a variety of reasons. So there won't be any 4k gaming goodnes for me yet.

Secondly, I'm not overly sensitive to framerate. I usually don't bother if it's 30 or 60 as long as it's stable.

A higher draw distance and less pop ins would be nice as well.

PS4 is my only gaming platform I own, so I play everything on there.

KalBalboa

Banned
Still not sure whether I should upgrade from base PS4.

First of all I'm a 1080p TV owner. While we do have a 4K HDR TV, I cannot use it for gaming for a variety of reasons. So there won't be any 4k gaming goodnes for me yet.

Secondly, I'm not overly sensitive to framerate. I usually don't bother if it's 30 or 60 as long as it's stable.

A higher draw distance and less pop ins would be nice as well.

PS4 is my only gaming platform I own, so I play everything on there.

The extra USB, improved WIFI, and bigger stock drive are all nice perks on top of the visual boost.

Kalentan

Hey guys... So I am looking to get a 4K TV for my Pro and was just wondering How big of the difference is there between a regular 4K uHDTV and a 4K LED TV?

Edit: Or actually maybe there isn't a difference? Just realized all the cheap 4k's are all LED.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Has there been any comment on Just Cause 3 or Mirror's Edge: C?

In moments like this, I am glad that I am currently single.

My wife is on a whole different level:

She is wonderful in every aspect but she just CANT accapt my gaming interest. She litterly threw my ps3 superslim Into pieces, my gold headset Into pieces and scratched my oled vita screen on purpose. Jeezes. Now I only have the vita left which I take care of

The thing is, she is away for the weekend and Im definately picking up a slim tommorrow. I plan to store it in a Place with just Power supply and enough ventilation, then I Will remote play all games, going all digital. God I Hope this thing is super quiet.

GreekWolf

She is wonderful in every aspect but she just CANT accapt my gaming interest. She litterly threw my ps3 superslim Into pieces, my gold headset Into pieces and scratched my oled vita screen on purpose. Jeezes. Now I only have the vita left which I take care of

The thing is, she is away for the weekend and Im definately picking up a slim tommorrow. I plan to store it in a Place with just Power supply and enough ventilation, then I Will remote play all games, going all digital. God I Hope this thing is super quiet.

These kind of stories... wow, man. Lol

Evo X

What the fuck. That doesn't seem healthy.

If my GF purposely damaged any of my shit, that would be huge red flag to GTFO.

Krakin

I don't know man, that kinda cancels out any awesomeness she has in other areas

EmiPrime

That's flat out abusive behaviour, not a mere disagreement regarding the merits of a hobby.

GreekWolf

What the fuck. That doesn't seem healthy.

If my GF purposely damaged any of my shit, that would be huge red flag to GTFO.

Seriously. What would happen if he intentionally trashed one of her beloved items? I'm thinking she might actually shoot him in the face, then dump the body in the mighty Misssissippi.

epicdunkface.gif

Anyway, my Pro's been downloading a Last of Us update for the last 8 hours. Do games really force these 4K assets and their associated massive file sizes on 1080p-ers? Because my 1TB Pro is filling up a lot faster than I anticipated and that sucks.

I am so sorry.

Divorce her.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

I said damn, I'm sorry for your wife situation regarding electronics.

Dude...please, for your own health, safety, and well-being, get out of that relationship. That's abuse, straight up. Do you have any kind of support system you can rely on, other family and friends? Please be okay :/

Unknown?

epicdunkface.gif

Anyway, my Pro's been downloading a Last of Us update for the last 8 hours. Do games really force these 4K assets and their associated massive file sizes on 1080p-ers? Because my 1TB Pro is filling up a lot faster than I anticipated and that sucks.
That's a lot of patches that you haven't downloaded the actual update that was for 4K was only a couple hundred mb.

Dude...please, for your own health, safety, and well-being, get out of that relationship. That's abuse, straight up. Do you have any kind of support system you can rely on, other family and friends? Please be okay :/

That's his wife not gf. You don't just up and leave that, counseling would probably be a good idea though.

Alucrid

Banned

i always thought that the insurance they try to sell you with consoles was dumb

you should get that insurance

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Terrisus is that you?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Nah, dont do that. Use the money to work towards a divorce. You have stockholm syndrome from the sound of things

Pizza

Traded my Xbone towards a Pro since the only games I LOVED on there were the five halos, rare replay, and sunset overdrive. I was literally the only one out of my social circle that had the "wrong" console and after MS announced that future Xbox games would likely come to windows 10, I didn't see a reason to hold onto the console if I could play any future games on PC, and if I ever want to replay that handful of games I'll rebuy an Xbone years from now

All I have for my pro is gtav and xenoverse 2, I don't have a 4K tv but the pro is a substantial upgrade to my Xbox! I also swapped my control sticks for a pair of the GOAT Xbox sticks.

Little things I never see mentioned are some of my favorite parts of my PS4 so far! Hooking up my phone as a keyboard is sweet, as is using the gyroscope to type

I'm real pumped for this

I'm dumbstruck that you accept this and I feel sorry for you. My wife thinks that I spend way too much on gaming too... but destroying things that you like... that's brutal. Don't accept that and tell her that.
If you don't... this will go on and on...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

That is a big problem.
ever see War of the Roses?

Akif

I see that they have changed the power cord on the Pro. I'm importing the console from the UK to Denmark and need to buy a separate cord.
Would this one work fine? (More specifically, the connector on the right)

68604.jpg

I see that they have changed the power cord on the Pro. I'm importing the console from the UK to Denmark and need to buy a separate cord.
Would this one work fine? (More specifically, the connector on the right)

68604.jpg

You could also try an adaptor which connects to your outlet

Lady Gaia

Nah, dont do that. Use the money to work towards a divorce. You have stockholm syndrome from the sound of things

Or, you know, talk to her about it. There's definitely something there that needs to be addressed rather than ignored. I know someone whose wife associates gaming with drug use due to a bad prior relationship. You never know what associations can lead to the behavior you describe, but trying to understand it together would be a healthy thing for everyone involved.

Holy shit, unless there is something we dont know about like you cheating etc. that isnt justified and even if it was it isnt a healthy relationship and shouldnt take place. Sounds like she needs to get some help.

Makes me appreciate my wife that much more, she isnt a big gamer herself and only plays the odd game but she has always been supportive of my habit. We moved recently and i was tempted to cancel my PSVR order to save money since it came out 2 days before moving but she insisted i didnt. Less than a month later she encouraged me to upgrade to the Pro also when i mentioned about the idea of trading my old PS4 in for it.

You dont have to be into everything your partner is but that doesnt mean you can go as far as yours seemingly has done.

Deepo

Cross posting from another Pro thread. Sorry for spamming this, but I feel like it's relevant to my fellow Pro owners:

Final Fantasy XV: I just got the game today. I've tried it on both my Pro and my OG PS4, and I'm not happy with the forced Pro mode on offer here so far. The frame pacing is abysmal. I made this video to illustrate the difference between PS4 and Pro - Lite mode. It's just panning the camera in the tutorial room, so no spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWPJJOXJYCQ

This was made on the 1.01 patch. It's even worse on the hi-res mode. Sony needs to hurry up and add a base PS4 mode to the Pro. Yes, I know the game isn't even released yet, but it still sucks that I have to play on my old PS4 for the optimal experience right now.

So I need some help because I'm not sure what to do right now....my PlayStation Pro is doing this weird flicker thing on my TV and I'm not sure what to do. Basically in the home screen, everything is perfectly fine...the minute I try to play a game though, I have this crazy TV flickering. I'll post a video of my experience but has anyone experienced this?

I have a 1080p tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzK94EUd7_s&feature=share
Lots of people have HDCP issues with some TVs and Monitors.

Try disabling HDCP in system settings. If that doesn't work quite right, boot into safe mode and the final option is to change HDCP. Change it from Auto to 1.4 and let it reboot.

I considered getting one of those, but the cable itself would be a little cheaper. Do you know if the cable I posted is compatible?

Maybe? I'm not sure what happens if you use a three prong cable like that on a two-prong system though. The Pro uses this, basically:

It's like a standard PC/bigger monitor PSU cable, but without the female ground port.

Cross posting from another Pro thread. Sorry for spamming this, but I feel like it's relevant to my fellow Pro owners:
Nauseating.

Maybe Pro is just too much for these devs to handle. Makes it even harder to swallow that Scorpio will live up to the hype.

mulac

Question...

I have TWO PS4s (one slim in my office and one Pro in the lounge for glorious 4k hdr gaming).

Both are signed into the same PSN account with the office Slim set as primary and i jump between the two depending on ease/what i want to play with save files transferred back and forward between system and cloud storage.

Now heres the question...

A friend is coming to stay with me over christmas - he is a PS4 player and owns a couple of games we fancy doing some coop/multiplayer together (Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3)...on disk.

Is it possible for him to sign into one of the PS4's i own, download the games he has that we want to coop and we play together that way? On the same internet connection but different PSN names.

Or...he simply logs into my PS4 Slim as me - i use the PS4 Pro and we can play together that way?

Thanks!

She litterly threw my ps3 superslim Into pieces, my gold headset Into pieces and scratched my oled vita screen on purpose. Jeezes. Now I only have the vita left which I take care of

The relationship for me would have ended after the first thing she destroyed. And not because it's video games, it could be anything. That's straight abuse and symbol of something very wrong.

Maybe Pro is just too much for these devs to handle. Makes it even harder to swallow that Scorpio will live up to the hype.

Day One Patch is definitely not live right now. I'd expect they push it the day before launch.

It's pretty common to see even pre launch that a game is at 1.01 simply because of some of the patches needed to pass cert.

I would wait for the legit Day 1 build before burning down the house.

Fliesen

I considered getting one of those, but the cable itself would be a little cheaper. Do you know if the cable I posted is compatible?

it is.
It's a regular old PC power cord.

You did post a german Schuko wall plug though, doesn't denmark use slightly different plugs?

the PS4 Pro simply doesn't have a ground connector. (neither did the regular PS4)

Or, you know, talk to her about it. There's definitely something there that needs to be addressed rather than ignored. I know someone whose wife associates gaming with drug use due to a bad prior relationship. You never know what associations can lead to the behavior you describe, but trying to understand it together would be a healthy thing for everyone involved.
Please listen to Lady Gaia, Harmondale!

Lady Gaia

Maybe? I'm not sure what happens if you use a three prong cable like that on a two-prong system though.

It's not a problem. If the system doesn't need to be grounded, then having a cable that exposes an unused ground connector is a non-issue. I'm using a three-prong cable with my PS4 Pro because it happened to be back there from when I still had a PS3 hooked up.

It's the other way around that should never be attempted. Any device that expects a ground connection should never be subverted by using a cable that doesn't actually connect to ground.

Top Bottom