• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

JABEE

I had the picture drop out on me last night playing BF1. My Pro is going through the PSVR breakout box. Is this the source of the issue?

ckohler

I had the picture drop out on me last night playing BF1. My Pro is going through the PSVR breakout box. Is this the source of the issue?

I'd say 95% likely. Probably an HDMI handshake issue. Best to bypass the box when not using VR, imo.

GazzaGSi

Maybe that's why, I'm on a 1080p monitor 0.001-0.002ft away. Clean.

Is that right, your nose must be squashed up the screen lol. There can't be much difference in distance if we're both on a desk?

Just checked the last update which was 17/10/16 with no mention of the Pro update
https://support.activision.com/arti...r-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-on-PlayStation-4

It is a clean game anyway and trying IW and MW on OG PS4 and then the Pro the differences are very noticeable so personally I don't think anything has changed yet with BLOPS3.

Viruz

Is that right, your nose must be squashed up the screen lol. There can't be much difference in distance if we're both on a desk?

Just checked the last update which was 17/10/16 with no mention of the Pro update
https://support.activision.com/arti...r-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-on-PlayStation-4

It is a clean game anyway and trying IW and MW on OG PS4 and then the Pro the differences are very noticeable so personally I don't think anything has changed yet with BLOPS3.
Great that you got the joke, my face is IN the screen ;) We'll see later.

GazzaGSi

Great that you got the joke, my face is IN the screen ;) We'll see later.

Was sat here laughing to myself :)

Just done a quick Google and this article written yesterday doesn't know what the Pro update will entail black ops:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.po...at-launch-4k-hdr?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Activision and Treyarch haven’t specified precisely how Black Ops 3 will support PS4 Pro, but during the system’s unveiling, Andy Hendrickson, chief technology officer at Activision's Central Studio, said Black Ops 3 — alongside two other Call of Duty games — will offer “richer textures [and] 4K graphics on top of our trademark 60 fps gameplay.”

[Asmodean]

Not sure if this is just me, but has anyone else noticed hitching on the Pro when using the Youtube app?. (it's only sometimes)

The videos can sometimes start stuttering, and if I home out to the main screen and move around the same will happen there. Then youtube app closes in the background.

Trying to determine if it's something that happened when cloning my og ps4 data/settings during the full transfer.

So I finally stopped playing Dragon Quest Builders a bit (again remote play performance is so improved) and popped in Titanfall 2 for the first time. 1080p TV and the IQ looks super super clean. Loving hoe it looks on the pro

Is HDR carried over in screenshots? I'm not sure I'm getting any effect in Uncharted when I turn HDR are so might take a few screenshots with it off and on

Sony X800. Perhaps the difference isn't huge. I'll examine further. I'll go to the tropical island and beach level and have a look at the sun. Apparently it's a giveaway. When I turn HDR on; the system blue menu goes washed out

Yeah sounds about right for HDR

How do I pull my cloud saves down from the server? my new PS4 isnt seeing them (i.e. all games have the "new game" only option, not "continue")

Shin-Ra

So does Video downsample too? Im on a 1080p tv and was thinking about upgrading my netflix to the ultraHD package (only $2 a month extra).
I think video streaming apps (updated to support UHD) will probably max out at the video resolution set in the PS4 OS.

You would likely benefit from the higher bitrate, increased detail with a downsampled UHD stream though.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hdr is kinda underwhelming imho. Don't see much difference

Same for native and 4K upscale. Tried last of us and honestly I will go for 60fps. I can't see difference beside if I'm 20cm away from my 65". I play 2 meters away and from that distance 1600/1800p upscaled to 2160 and native 2160 looks the same. Amazingly good
(Difference is much bigger between 1080p native and 1600-1800p upscale internally to 4K then 1600-1800 to native 4K)

I think video streaming apps (updated to support UHD) will probably max out at the video resolution set in the PS4 OS.

You would likely benefit from the higher bitrate, increased detail with a downsampled UHD stream though.

i just did it, how do i check was res its running at in the netflix app?

Shin-Ra

Is there any chance you could do a PS4 (HDR) - PS4 Pro (4K) comparison for The Last of Us?
You won't see the benefits of HDR in screenshots but I can try to get some PS4 1080p30 vs PS4 Pro 2160p30 shots.

i just did it, how do i check was res its running at in the netflix app?
Not familiar with the Netflix app I'm afraid. Maybe the triangle button?

Same for native and 4K upscale. Tried last of us and honestly I will go for 60fps. I can't see difference beside if I'm 20cm away from my 65". I play 2 meters away and from that distance 1600/1800p upscaled to 2160 and native 2160 looks the same. Amazingly good
(Difference is much bigger between 1080p native and 1600-1800p upscale internally to 4K then 1600-1800 to native 4K)
Games with weaker anti-aliasing like The Last of Us there's still a decent improvement from those sub native resolutions to native 2160p but the better the AA, temporal AA really helps 1440p games like Titanfall 2 and Uncharted 4 look presentable.

Viruz

Was sat here laughing to myself :)

Just done a quick Google and this article written yesterday doesn't know what the Pro update will entail black ops:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.po...at-launch-4k-hdr?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Activision and Treyarch haven’t specified precisely how Black Ops 3 will support PS4 Pro, but during the system’s unveiling, Andy Hendrickson, chief technology officer at Activision's Central Studio, said Black Ops 3 — alongside two other Call of Duty games — will offer “richer textures [and] 4K graphics on top of our trademark 60 fps gameplay.”
The article is "new", the quote is old "but during the system’s unveiling".

So, a few times my PS4 Pro has failed to send a signal to the TV. Unplugging/replugging the HDMI fixes it. OG PS4 never did this. Thoughts? I have a Samsung KU6300, 4k HDR. I'm using the HDMI cord that came with the Pro.....didn't notice any bent prongs. Apparently someone on twitter has the exact same issue with the Pro on his PC monitor.

f@luS

More than a member.
You won't see the benefits of HDR in screenshots but I can try to get some PS4 1080p30 vs PS4 Pro 2160p30 shots.

Try to do if you can

1080p30fps OG ps4 (1)
Upscaled to 4k60fps PRO (2)
Native 4K Pro (3)

I think 1<<<<<<<<2<3

holygeesus

Banned

Thanks. I'd settle for just a review from yourself without pictures. I'm trying to decide whether HDR is the bigger image improvement or the resolution bump.

bombshell

How do I pull my cloud saves down from the server? my new PS4 isnt seeing them (i.e. all games have the "new game" only option, not "continue")

May not remember the correct names, but it's something like

Settings > Save management > Online storage > download to system storage.

Certinty

Does anyone else's PS4 UI get incredibly laggy on Call of Duty Infinite Warfare? I've had a normal PS4 since launch and it's never come close to being this laggy in all its time on any game.

It's only happening to me on IW too. Every other game has been fine.

GazzaGSi

Does anyone else's PS4 UI get incredibly laggy on Call of Duty Infinite Warfare? I've had a normal PS4 since launch and it's never come close to be this laggy in all its time on any game.

It's only happening to me on IW too. Every other game has been fine.

I get the same problem with IW, it hates going to the home UI with the game loaded. I tend to sync my trophies and look at share captures after I've taken a pic and it's horrendous getting to the menu with IW loaded.

Also when back in game during a mission if I press circle to crouch and go prone it still sounds like it's in the home UI of the PS4 because I get the sound of backing out through the menus when you press circle to exit something.

How do you turn off the bluetooth signal in the dualshock so I can go fully wired?

Can't work it out :/

Off the top of my head, settings, devices, Controllers or something very similar. Select sync with USB when lead connected.

NeonDelta

I don't get why I couldn't put it in 4K mode with hdcp turned on, but once you turn that off and put it in 4K, you can re enable hdcp and it's fine

If you've connected the newer model of DS4 to any model of PS4, another option appears at

(Settings) > [Devices] > [Controllers] > Communication Method

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/controller.html

Off the top of my head, settings, devices, Controllers or something very similar. Select sync with USB when lead connected.
No.

It has to be enabled in

System Settings
Devices
Controller
Communication Method

It's off by default.

Brilliant, thanks very much guys.

Top Bottom