• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Gorillaz

Playing earlier

Guy was using Sly's lvl 1.

IN MID AIR...

Another Guy using Sly
Gets a lvl 2 kills everyone and turns invisible and hids for the rest of the match.

Taking a break from the beta for awhile....The Sly abuse is kind of ruining it for me

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Playing earlier

Guy was using Sly's lvl 1.

IN MID AIR...

Another Guy using Sly
Gets a lvl 2 kills everyone and turns invisible and hids for the rest of the match.

Taking a break from the beta for awhile....The Sly abuse is kind of ruining it for me

I felt that way too. Fortunately, the last few matches didn't have a Sly in them. But I DID just fight two Radecs. Still one with 7 kills! 3 deaths though.

After playing the Beta a few times, I've concluded that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is pretty fun. I was skeptical about the Supers based system, but it's still rather viable here. It's enjoyable to play, and that's all I really wanted.

My criticisms are similar to the ones already discussed in this thread. I like the variety of moves that each character has, though. I feel that most of those moves is usable at a high level of play. There's a lot of combo potential.

In the end, I think I prefer Super Smash Bros., but there is still a lot left to see. I haven't seen all of the characters, stages, or modes. The metagame hasn't developed yet, so I'm definitely interested in seeing the final product.

Oh, and I love the developer's communication with the fans. Codes being given away, criticisms being heard, and suggestions being taken really bring it up a notch. Thanks, Cl0ckwork!

Leezard

After playing the Beta a few times, I've concluded that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is pretty fun. I was skeptical about the Supers based system, but it's still rather viable here. It's enjoyable to play, and that's all I really wanted.

My criticisms are similar to the ones already discussed in this thread. I like the variety of moves that each character has, though. I feel that most of those moves is usable at a high level of play. There's a lot of combo potential.

In the end, I think I prefer Super Smash Bros., but there is still a lot left to see. I haven't seen all of the characters, stages, or modes. The metagame hasn't developed yet, so I'm definitely interested in seeing the final product.

Oh, and I love the developer's communication with the fans. Codes being given away, criticisms being heard, and suggestions being taken really bring it up a notch. Thanks, Cl0ckwork!

Agreed.

Seems like i'm finally getting the hang of evading supers. I had to laugh when i dodged 3 attempts on my life in a row during Sly's level 2, and then later in the same match dodged Sly's level 1. The person playing as him must have been pissed. :D

Played against another GAFer earlier, coolbgdog.
Btw, please add me to the OP:

#1 defender / everlong416 / EU

Yeah I've found that dodging FP's lvl 2 has gotten easier for people. They see the LVL 2 coming and scatter now. *sigh*

Tell me about it, i'm maining her. :/

Seems like i'm finally getting the hang of evading supers. I had to laugh when i dodged 3 attempts on my life in a row during Sly's level 2, and then later in the same match dodged Sly's level 1. The person playing as him must have been pissed. :D

Yeah I've found that dodging FP's lvl 2 has gotten easier for people. They see the LVL 2 coming and scatter now. *sigh*

Noi

I swear, I decide to stop playing, come here and read about how you guys had great matches and decide to play one more game. Repeat the cycle for a few more hours.

Wish I got paired up with you guys though. :(

Lol, i think i just played you in Metropolis. You glitched out with Sly's Level 3 at the end. I was Fat Princess :)

Yep that was me. Oh so was it just you and me fighting on your screen too?

Also there wass so much teleporting during that match. I was a little pissed I used the lvl 3 and could only get one kill because all the telporting and everything.

Yep that was me. Oh so was it just you and me fighting on your screen too?

Also there wass so much teleporting during that match. I was a little pissed I used the lvl 3 and could only get one kill because all the telporting and everything.

At the end? Not sure, it got really chaotic with all the platforms moving around and your level 3 glitching, so i just tried to land another super before the buzzer. But now that you say it, the other two players did seem like they were idle.

Holy shit, just got taken out by Murray while i was sitting on my chicken as FP. "Is such a thing even possible? Yes it is!" :l

At the end? Not sure, it got really chaotic with all the platforms moving around and your level 3 glitching, so i just tried to land another super before the buzzer. But now that you say it, the other two players did seem like they were idle.

Yeah I thought so too. Oh well. Good match. That was my first time playing as sly so I kinda was trying everything out.

Ran rp

I'll be playing later but I wish I ran into gaffers more often. Most of these other players just spam the same one or two moves. But I do have to admit that slamming people to the ground as Kratos is fun when no one tries to block or roll away from it.

wasn't superbot going to be sending out more beta codes today? i was hoping i'd have one waiting for me in my inbox but nothing :(

or does the game just download automatically? i had the little big planet kart racing beta automatically downloaded onto my system so maybe that's how they do this beta too

wasn't superbot going to be sending out more beta codes today? i was hoping i'd have one waiting for me in my inbox but nothing :(

or does the game just download automatically? i had the little big planet kart racing beta automatically downloaded onto my system so maybe that's how they do this beta too

wait what? That doesnt make sense. How?
And no generally for betas (this one included) you need a code. You can check their twitter, follow seth killian and clockwork on twitter too because they sometimes give away codes. Or wait for the public beta in the fall.

wait what? That doesnt make sense. How?
And no generally for betas (this one included) you need a code. You can check their twitter, follow seth killian and clockwork on twitter too because they sometimes give away codes. Or wait for the public beta in the fall.

i honestly have no idea. i am a PS+ member so i thought maybe that was it? i never manually downloaded anything, never got any kind of code in my inbox. one day i was going to play some marvel pinball and the LBP kart game was in my games list

i honestly have no idea. i am a PS+ member so i thought maybe that was it? i never manually downloaded anything, never got any kind of code in my inbox. one day i was going to play some marvel pinball and the LBP kart game was in my games list

Im a PS+ too and I had to fight for a code like the regular PS peasants. =p

Ran rp

Someone just got me stuck in the middle portion of the LBP level because they slammed me down into it while it was being set into place. Now I just have to watch. :(. Hey Miutsu.

Miutsu

PSY・S;40603249 said:
Someone just got me stuck in the middle portion of the LBP level because they slammed me down into it while it was being set into place. Now I just have to watch. :(. Hey Miutsu.

LOL! I thought your connection had dropped or something in the begining of the battle. I picked up sly accidentaly in that one so i didnt do much.

Btw, im not too spammery with radec, am I? :(

I haven't seen you play, but this will always be the first impression when playing a zoning-heavy character.

Spamming lightning roll on the other hand...

Fuck that lightning roll. to hell. OH. And that shit that changes your controls.

edit: isnt reicespeicez (sp is baadd) on here?
He's fantastic with sweettooth too.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I am seriously sick of fighting against Sly. I think he's the only character that I really can't stand fighting against. Radec can be a pain, but Sly is obnoxious.

Noi

I am seriously sick of fighting against Sly. I think he's the only character that I really can't stand fighting against. Radec can be a pain, but Sly is obnoxious.

Doesn't help that is Level 3 being bugged means that Sly users who do it end up making it unfun for like half the match. Worse, I see people who use it on purpose, then drag the scope over to the corners just to have people be completely unable to see. :|

raccoon1.jpg

Omg. Rolling is absolutely useless when it comes to supers. Is it 100% impossible to stationary dodge them?
I guess you could short hop and air dodge.

Noi

Omg. Rolling is absolutely useless when it comes to supers. Is it 100% impossible to stationary dodge them?

I've been able to do it for supers like Sly and Radec's level 3, but only when the super is about to run out. Otherwise they just get me once the invincibility runs out anyway...

Top Bottom