• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

avcables

Banned
They're pulling ahead just as fast as TA was/is...I can't keep up.

2012-06-14%2017.44.31.png

I'll keep contributing as consistently as possible.

2012-06-14%2017.51.04.png

Someone asked earlier if anyone else was making their fleet GAF-esque:

Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%202%2013%2011%20PM.png

Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%202%2013%2014%20PM.png

Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%202%2013%2016%20PM.png

Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%202%2013%2018%20PM.png

I've been customizing the designations (NGX01-99 for class 1, NGXX1-9 for class 2, NGXXX for class 3 of which I have none) and the color schemes as I've been buying them.

And some stats:

2012-06-14%2015.21.47.png

I think we are going to try just taking out vibration completely in the short term. About using the clock to cheat, we detect that in the game and built in some consequences.

Thanks for visiting GAF!! A few questions:

What happens when we reach 1000 on each event?
Why are we paying a bux to give something as a gift?
Can we book a flight to the moon someday?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just had a cargo plane full of med kits hitting calgary. Lets goo. We shipping!!!!!!

EuroGAF: Calgary and another nearby airport are pretty cheap. You can just buy those two, start a plane there and ferry passengers between them to contribute to GAFair. There's no need for your network to be all linked up (you might get some people trying to go to Calgary from Berlin but just ignore them.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy crap, we are getting steamrolled on the leaderboards. Are there really that many people on TA?

avcables

Banned
Looks great! I have been using Steel and Yellow across my fleet. Looks real sharp.

Thanks! Post some pics, I'd like to ogle your fleet as well. I've been using "Stormcloud", "Safety Orange", and "Champagne".

Holy crap, we are getting steamrolled on the leaderboards. Are there really that many people on TA?

It's possible that more people are finding out about the game at this point.

Nori Chan

Was addicted to tiny tower for the longest of times, now I'll give this a shot.

Joined #GafAir as well ONE MORE STEP TO DOMINATION

avcables

Banned
TA is more than 2,000 jobs ahead of us at this point. They've got to have a lot of people working overtime on those jobs. Same with SA, they seem to be progressing at the same speed now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TA is more than 2,000 jobs ahead of us at this point. They've got to have a lot of people working overtime on those jobs. Same with SA, they seem to be progressing at the same speed now.

Maybe they are advertising Edmonton and Calgary to boost the amount of jobs available?

Manik

Picked this up but chose to start all the way over in Europe :( Hopefully will be able to expand over to Calgary before the event is over and contribute to GAFair!

avcables

Banned
We're #3! We're # 3!

Woooooo!

We were #1...

Touch Arcade's thread has almost 25,000 views. And it was mentioned that they probably have close to 1,000 users on Pocket Planes right now. Something Awful is close to that number, too. I feel like #GAFAir has maybe a tenth to a fifth of that amount.

Maybe they are advertising Edmonton and Calgary to boost the amount of jobs available?

It's possible. I advertised before noon for the surrounding airports and got marginally more traffic. But the travel times still were in the 10m range. They just have a lot of people.

Tobor

We were #1...

Touch Arcade's thread has almost 25,000 views. And it was mentioned that they probably have close to 1,000 users on Pocket Planes right now. Something Awful is close to that number, too. I feel like #GAFAir has maybe a tenth to a fifth of that amount.

I know, just a little gallows humor.

dantehemi

I think I messed up at the beginning of the game, I spent all my money and bux on stupid shit as I was trying to get used to the game. I have about 2 hours of game time right now, do you guys think it should restart and spend properly or just stick it out and save up my resources?

avcables

Banned
I know, just a little gallows humor.

It's so sad, though! We all did such a great job at airport managing. I'm guessing by the structure and wording on the global event page that the winning team will be broken up by that pyramid of rewards, too. Nothing for us. :(

saelz8

Haven't posted in the thread, but I've been flying supplies and personnel to Calgary for GAFAIR since this morning.

Do work!

Tobor

It's so sad, though! We all did such a great job at airport managing. I'm guessing by the structure and wording on the global event page that the winning team will be broken up by that pyramid of rewards, too. Nothing for us. :(

Wait, what? I thought we all got 50 bux each?

avcables

Banned
Wait, what? I thought we all got 50 bux each?

I don't think that's how it works. That prize pyramid is most likely talking about the winning crew. The top person in the crew gets 100 Bux, etc. etc.

According to a post at TA an hour ago:

It can't be them at the top.

It could. Those numbers aren't far from each other. If spots #1 through #7 have more than 99, spots #8 through #XX could have as many as 98 jobs each. It adds up quickly and makes 7,000 jobs (which they almost have) reasonable.

EDIT: I have 300 jobs completed, though. Makes me feel good that I'm beating the #1 on the #1 crew. ;p

Vire

Joined GAFAIR, will do my best to help out!

How does the Global Events work exactly? Cheers and sorry if this has been asked before.

Will be sending planes to Calgary!

InertiaXr

Is there really no way to copy your paint scheme to all of your planes?? I only have 6 so far but I don't want to scroll through 30 colors 3 times per plane...

Edit: Just bought $5 worth of bux, I 'played' Tiny Tower for like 130 floors and am liking this so far. Nice work Nimblebit

NimbleDave

Neo Member
For the global events each crew member gets the listed reward for whatever place the crew comes in. You have to have contributed a minimum amount of jobs though to qualify for getting the prize (currently it's 5 event jobs delivered). So if you are part of the crew but delivered less than 5 jobs for the event you don't get anything.

Vire

For the global events each crew member gets the listed reward for whatever place the crew comes in. You have to have contributed a minimum amount of jobs though to qualify for getting the prize (currently it's 5 event jobs delivered). So if you are part of the crew but delivered less than 5 jobs for the event you don't get anything.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

Game kicks ass Dave! :D

Flunkie

Banned

Thank the Lord. It would be so dumb any other way.

avcables

Banned

Well that's good to know. I'm glad you're here to clarify so I don't have to type out loud with my speculative garbage, haha.

Thanks for the info, please keep us up to date on the game.
Also was the response been better overall than tiny tower and are you surprised about it?

I defiantly see a lot more people enjoying this game/

We should be able to stay in the top 10 with no problem. Dat 50 bux.

Speaking of top 10, I just made it into the top 10 in GAFAIR. Woop woop.

1 more level...then I can buy Calgary and start helping. : /

Nice to see I'm not the only one with GAF coloured planes.

I went with stormcloud grey and orange. Feels good.

avcables

Banned
1 more level...then I can buy Calgary and start helping. : /

Nice to see I'm not the only one with GAF coloured planes.

I went with stormcloud grey and orange. Feels good.

Nice color choices! Also, don't overextend to Calgary. We've got a hard lock on top 10 so be as efficient as possible right now. Otherwise it'll hurt in the long run.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Thanks for the info, please keep us up to date on the game.
Also was the response been better overall than tiny tower and are you surprised about it?

I defiantly see a lot more people enjoying this game/

Hard to judge compared to Tiny Tower yet, it hasn't even been out for 24 hours. Initial response seems pretty great though so we are pretty happy. We just hope we can squish the important bugs fairly quickly.

So, I experienced an interesting bug while trying to get my iPad and iPhone to sync. I had progress to level 5 on my iPhone and after I started a game on my iPad, my iPhone synced to my iPad, losing all the progress I had made on my iPhone.
I'm bummed, but at least their synced now. Prior to the sync, I had reset the game on my iPad, and maybe that's how I got them to sync.

So, MTHanded, if you haven't already, try resetting one of your games on one of your devices. In an unexpected way it got me synced up.

Top Bottom