• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What am I doing wrong that I'm level 4 and barely making any money? Made like maybe 4 grand in the past hour or so, but seemingly a lot more before that.

Too early for tips and tricks?

When you route something make sure you look at the profit amounts in the top right. Try to fly closer and taxi packages to in between locations.

That way you don't have to make 2 trips.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Who's had some funny things happen in there game?

My plane was just randomly upside down
z1rrj.png

wtf. :lol I'm jealous!

Tobe

finally north bound, bought spokane and found the last part of a wallaby m. ill be able to deliver some event related stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When you route something make sure you look at the profit amounts in the top right. Try to fly closer and taxi packages to in between locations.

That way you don't have to make 2 trips.
Damn okay I didn't even notice the profit thing. That's probably where I'm losing money. Thanks!

Question for Dave.

Does the server detect if the user has been messing around with the ios device's clock? i just wanna hope all the competition is fair ;)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is it better to expand a bit or keep populating the areas you're currently surrounding?

Or more specifically, should I buy Tokyo since I have all the surrounded Japanese airport, or for the same price buy Seoul or Shanghai or Beijing which are all a bit further?

Reasking since almost rich enough to afford them!

NimbleDave, will there be an option to buy coins in the future?

buy bucks, transfer bucks to coins.

And yeah, personally i think getting big airports is better than a lot of small ones, just because they have more jobs.

I tend to only get the smaller ones if I need them for long distance flights.

Maybe it changes mid/late game.

What lvl do you start getting class 2 planes?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Well, seems that missions done offline don't sync towards the total. Real shame for me since a substantial portion of my gaming is done off wifi (iPod touch).

A question about the Hangar. If I send a plane to the Hangar, can I make them active again in another airport?

I am trying to move a plane from one airport to the other as there are no intermediatory airports between the two.

Had the game on and just lost everything.

Really love playing a game that eats up a time investment and then says, "Fuck you."

Pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Turn iCloud saving on for the game in case you haven't, it helps with the crashing. At least until a fix is released.

Making the rounds at Calgary. Finally getting some pretty long flights too, I'm close to being able to stop checking so obsessively for those 5-10 minutes flights.

A question about the Hangar. If I send a plane to the Hangar, can I make them active again in another airport?

I am trying to move a plane from one airport to the other as there are no intermediatory airports between the two.
Yes, when you reactivate a plane (costs 1 bux) it asks you to assign it to an airport of your choice, you can choose any of the ones you currently own.

The plane won't be able to come back from that airport if it doesn't have enough range though, unless you buy another airport it can connect to from there or if you put it in the hangar again.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Had the game on and just lost everything.

Really love playing a game that eats up a time investment and then says, "Fuck you."

Pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

A big apology from the devs, we are working to get a fix to the crashes out ASAP. If you want to send me your gamecenter ID (located on the settings menu) to dave@nimblebit.com and I can gift you some bux and coins if you tell me about how many you had

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does backing up saves manually via iExplorer or some other kind of file manager help? I've been pretty paranoid about my app data recently that I'm taking matters into my own hand and occasionally backing up some files that I think are game saves. I don't really trust iCloud or iTunes backups at all

odd thing is i have no crashes at all.

It might be because i'm in china and my phone is on airplane mode (and connects to wifi at work and home).

Or it might just be because I have a 4S. who knows.

calder

Uh wtf I was playing, had 4 planes, added a fifth and the game crashed. Start it up and I only have 3 planes now and one is a shitty one seater?! That fucking sucks, 20 bux down the drain. Mainly irritating because I bought 200 bux like half an hr ago to get new planes.

It also had my planes weirdly flying into random airports, like I had 2 passengers for Detroit on a flight but it's going into Toronto now.

Edit: damn see that it's not just me. Coulda been worse I guess.

Flunkie

Banned
Wtf? My plane from Calgary was bringing back a Mayan Idol to Cincinnati, when the screen faded out for a second, then the idol was gone..

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Suggest, you jerks! Buy Tokyo near my other places or buy equally busy places slightly further away?

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Uh wtf I was playing, had 4 planes, added a fifth and the game crashed. Start it up and I only have 3 planes now and one is a shitty one seater?! That fucking sucks, 20 bux down the drain. Mainly irritating because I bought 200 bux like half an hr ago to get new planes.

It also had my planes weirdly flying into random airports, like I had 2 passengers for Detroit on a flight but it's going into Toronto now.

Edit: damn see that it's not just me. Coulda been worse I guess.

If you want to send me your game center ID (listed on the settings menu) to dave@nimblebit.com I can gift you back 200 bux.

Top Bottom