• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nah, they're really close. I think that's why I'm leveling at a slow rate, I'm not really expanding pretty far

NimbleDave

Neo Member
also if you turn the date back, it adds hours to planes in the air!

So do airports not break down during 'legit play'?

Also, any planes of adding a 'full' double decker plane similar to A380?

There is 747-esque double decker, you can see all the possible planes in the Airpedia from the menu.

Cities close for portions of time due to weather in the *legit* game, but it should only ask you to pay money to re-open an airport if you have been fiddling with the clock.

MrBeggar

Yea, longer distance jobs will earn you more consistent money since there is less downtime. Thats why it's good to build a line of cities.

Dave is it safe to start again? I dont wanna lose everything again..
Btw icloud was off and i was around lvl 6-7 if that matters.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Dave is it safe to start again? I dont wanna lose everything again..
Btw icloud was off and i was around lvl 6-7 if that matters.

The only thing that should reduce the crashes until we get a new build out is turning on iCloud.

Also I don't know why it stops wanting to connect to the flight crew server sometimes but killing the app and reloading it generally seems to help.

Also even if you deliver event jobs while offline it should still upload the jobs the next time you are connected and the update cycle triggers.

The only thing that should reduce the crashes until we get a new build out is turning on iCloud.

Also I don't know why it stops wanting to connect to the flight crew server sometimes but killing the app and reloading it generally seems to help.

Your presence here is the only thing keeping me playing this at the moment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibftONzH3eTV1p.PNG

Stuntin'.

This game crashes a lot for me on my 3GS.

I got Griffon-C body and Navigator-P controls if anyone wants to trade for something I don't have. Bearclaw-C engine or Wallaby-C engine is what I'm looking for.

Also sending a Mars Rover to Montreal right now. Swag.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
ibftONzH3eTV1p.PNG

Stuntin'.

This game crashes a lot for me on my 3GS.

I got Griffon-C body and Navigator-P controls if anyone wants to trade for something I don't have. Bearclaw-C engine or Wallaby-C engine is what I'm looking for.

Also sending a Mars Rover to Montreal right now. Swag.

Try enabling iCloud if you don't have it on.

Correct.

Well I am going to have to go to bed eventually.

speaking of bed. Is there really nothing you can set or do in this game when ya have long 'real life needs' like sleep or other stuff?

I'm sure the longer flights way later will take a lot longer, but yeah, the urge at night of... "I should sleep, but my iphone screen just lit up! D:"

Lkr

speaking of bed. Is there really nothing you can set or do in this game when ya have long 'real life needs' like sleep or other stuff?

I'm sure the longer flights way later will take a lot longer, but yeah, the urge at night of... "I should sleep, but my iphone screen just lit up! D:"

you can turn off notifications in settings or get the iOS6 beta and enable do not disturb at night

Better than Bismark?

Really, I'm planning on buying Chicago to make some trips easier. So far I have Montreal, Detroit, Ottawa, Bismark, Thunder Bay. Thunder Bay helps a lot. Or should I work towards NYC?

Will do, thanks.

Bismark appears to be close.

I was just talking about the jump from Thunder Bay to Calgary...that's a whole lotta prairie to cover without a stop between.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
In terms of the notifications, you can turn them off / adjust them in the device settings.

In terms of making money for longer periods without your attention that comes with building up longer and longer routes, it's not something you can set up right from the start. The Tokyo to LA route I was talking about earlier took something like 4 hours with the slow kangaroos, so I would pretty much set them all off at once and re route them again 4 hours later.

1. What should I be doing with my bux early on in the game? I keep buying additional plane parts with them, but I'm not sure if I should be doing that since my plane roster is already pretty full, and I should probably be opening more airports instead.

2. Is the small coin/big coin/flying bux thing completely random, or are there certain flights you should be watching more than others?

NimbleDave

Neo Member
1. What should I be doing with my bux early on in the game? I keep buying additional plane parts with them, but I'm not sure if I should be doing that since my plane roster is already pretty full, and I should probably be opening more airports instead.

2. Is the small coin/big coin/flying bux thing completely random, or are there certain flights you should be watching more than others?

In the beginning I usually judiciously buy plane parts or save them in bunches and cash them in for coins.

The coin / bux flybys are random, but they pass at a rate determined by the plane speed. So the faster the plane the faster more fly by.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've been trying to play Gravity Rush all night but I keep picking up my phone to check this game.

Well done, NimbleBit.

I think I played Gravity Rush for 2 hours and Pocket Planes for like....uhh....let's just say it's easily in double digits

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Aaaaanf I'm on board! Started in Europe though, no northwest us/canada available at start was boo :p is bux the only way toget now planes/parts?!? How often do you earn them ingame oO

Lkr

Aaaaanf I'm on board! Started in Europe though, no northwest us/canada available at start was boo :p is bux the only way toget now planes/parts?!? How often do you earn them ingame oO

you earn them a lot and you can convert coins to bux. you can also find plane parts when buying an airport

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
you earn them a lot and you can convert coins to bux. you can also find plane parts when buying an airport

Ah good, was scared you'd only get them through IAP... Any tipps and tricks for starters? :)

Edit: what do the green/special passengers do?

I really want to play this game, but I just got into Tiny Towers on Sunday, and can't stop playing. Would it be worth it to just put Tiny Towers away and start this?

Lkr

I really want to play this game, but I just got into Tiny Towers on Sunday, and can't stop playing. Would it be worth it to just put Tiny Towers away and start this?

yes. i never got into tiny towers, but this is just so much fun(and you can play them at the same time since there is a lot of plane waiting in this game)

Pepboy

I'm also playing and maybe a bit addicted. Our Hero Academy games are going to come to a crawl...

Top Bottom