• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

inky

Is this game like Airline Tycoon with social}/F2P aspects? Trying to find out if I should download it and give it a try.

Toki767

Thinking of which east coast city to buy. I can't afford New York, but I'm thinking of either Washington DC or Philadelphia.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thinking of which east coast city to buy. I can't afford New York, but I'm thinking of either Washington DC or Philadelphia.

If you not own a red city yet, save up for NY. The number of jobs that open from a red city is ludicrous and very worth it.

There is a Kangaroo-M making its way from Barcelona to New York as we speak! GAFair, I'm coming to help!

Now I just need to get about 20,000 packages delivered tomorrow

Toki767

If you not own a red city yet, save up for NY. The number of jobs that open from a red city is ludicrous and very worth it.

I already own Los Angeles so that'll probably be my red city for a while. I feel like none of my planes are capable of flying across the ocean yet for some reason though.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
If I delete pocket planes data from icloud will that delete my local game too.

I really want to figure out whats up with icloud not working but I don't want to break anything.

There doesn't seem to be any way to force an iCloud sync. I think the app might be getting throttled since it uploads to iCloud every time you leave the app and even though the data is tiny (around 100k or less) I guess it could add up if you're checking in every minute or two.

We're looking at ways to upload more intelligently or shrink the size of the game data but it looks like that is going to be challenging.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There doesn't seem to be any way to force an iCloud sync. I think the app might be getting throttled since it uploads to iCloud every time you leave the app and even though the data is tiny (around 100k or less) I guess it could add up if you're checking in every minute or two.

We're looking at ways to upload more intelligently or shrink the size of the game data but it looks like that is going to be challenging.
I use this interval timer app on my ipad and my iphone. They somehow let you say you want to grab the info from icloud. Not sure how they are implementing it though.

I have read how non-transparent iCloud implementation is for developers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Running a line down the south border of Canada seemed like a great idea, but now I know that if I have two big cities on the end of your line, you'll be making mad monies. Consider building one all the way down the east coast of the US now.

dyergram

Just got the game yesterday I'm helping the cause, well i think I am. Could we maybe get some newbie advice going on in the thread?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just got my first one to pop up. I'll keep an eye out for an extra for you. I've been itching to build one for a while as well!
I just found one in my market!!! Yes!!

I'm assuming the market changes for everyone simultaneously, just like the weather?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Having a big city nets you like free bux every time you visit the city goddamn.

I went from being in bux poverty to now having over 20 and not knowing what to do with them. Waiting for my last Kangaroo-M part. Not fond of the Mohawk, so I'm just waiting to get like 200xp more and see if Level 9 brings me any new goodies.

Having a big city nets you like free bux every time you visit the city goddamn.

I went from being in bux poverty to now having over 20 and not knowing what to do with them. Waiting for my last Kangaroo-M part. Not fond of the Mohawk, so I'm just waiting to get like 200xp more and see if Level 9 brings me any new goodies.

Thanks for the tip. I'm so poor, I feel like my inflight passengers are given peanuts I found inbetween the seat cushions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, seriously? Buying a red as soon as I level up.

Certainly more often. My NY right now has 1+2 bux waiting for me. With such a larger amount of jobs, you really get more of them more often. I got 5 on one plane earlier too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Certainly more often. My NY right now has 1+2 bux waiting for me. With such a larger amount of jobs, you really get more of them more often. I got 5 on one plane earlier too.
Ah right, it does make sense that the odds would be better at the huge airports. Still need to decide exactly where I want to expand though, only 4k from level 11 now.

Kurdel

Banned
This was probably adressed in the last 32 pages, but what's up with iCloud support?

I started a game on my iPad, and now on my iPhone they want me to go through the tutorial, and shoots me out to lvl 1. Will the game synch to my iPad game? I am just scared that I will lose my iPad progress...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
jR3AZ.jpg

Closed some smaller airports and expanding into Vietnam. PonpOriental Airlines

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
advice:

with most of my airports on the middle and right half of N America, would it benefit me more if I used my saved money for NY or LA?

If you can make the flight to LA, it would be a good way to begin expansion. If you're trying to build a tighter network, NY would do you well. LA will also serve as a great high population hub that will lead into Mexico City and eventually all of South America.

Top Bottom