• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Current view of my leader board:
AvfYwdPCMAATjnl.jpg

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Going to be out of town with no wifi access all weekend, so I won't be able to contribute for most of the remaining time on the Calgary event, hopefully I'll still be able to get my reward when I get back. Also, fourth place seems to be gaining on us fairly steadily.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
What does a blue dot over an airpot mean? The dots for the other airports are grey.

Black = Class 1
Blue = Class 2
Red = Class 3

Class 1 planes can land anywhere, Class 2 planes can only land in Class 2/3 airports and Class 3 planes can only land in Class 3 airports.

I ran an iPad battery down playing this. My iPad is now plugged in, and I am still played.

Started in Germany, doing a Prague Event - I think that is helping #GAFAIR (cannot get to Calgary)

Milamber

I wonder how many Gaffers are playing this but not part of #GafAir?

Also, looking for 'Navigator-P Engine', GC name 'takahashi69'. Thanks.

jgminto

Just got my first Red city with Chicago. Damn! First 2 flights there I was able to send back 3 things each back to Calgary.

Shady859

Spent my last $.99 x 3 I had on my iTunes account on bux lol free games are expensive!

Reminder that today is the final day of the Best Buy sale, iTunes cards for 15% off face value. Also I think monday or sunday? Coinstar starts a $40 change changes a $50 iTunes card, no fees since you buying a gift card. Just a heads up to those in the US.

Edit: Looked on FW and it's 6/17-6/30 for the $40 buys $50 iTunes.

I have not spent any money yet, and I am at level 8 in about 24 hours.

I rarely spend money on games like these - although if Nimblebit put a coin multiplier IAP up (every coin you get = 2 coins) I would buy that.

jgminto

Do you have to be connected to the net to contribute to the global event or will it count the amount you've delivered since you disconnected? I've got a family dinner to go to and I'm afraid if I can't keep fighting the good fight in Calgary I'll end up staying up all night trying to get my rank back up to, and higher than it is now.
Who am I kidding I'll probably stay up even if it does count towards it.

Suggestion for Nimblebit:

Read through this thread then consider whether or not you should include in the tutorial an explanation of what the colored dots next to the cities represent.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm liking this more than Tiny Tower.

I based my operations in Japan. It's pretty hard since most of the airports are far apart. I've expanded so far to Nanping, Cebu, Kuching, Palu, Nagasaki, and Vladivostok.

Mik2121

I just made a spreadsheet to keep up with my planes stats so I can have only the best planes flying... I'm lovin' this game, but I hope sometime down the line some DLC includes something new to do, or more airports or something, because I'm in Japan and there are not many airports around :(

Currently stretching from Moscow to New York and earning about 3,500 coins per flight between them, and the flights take 90 minutes or so, so it's a lot easier on my battery. Was going to go to Calgary via Bismark but I think I can get there via Chicago instead which'd give me another red airport. Should have the coins for it in four or five hours, hopefully.

I really wish the plane speeds were edited, just from a slight OCD perspective. It kind of annoys me that my plane's range is about 900 miles, and it hits it four/five times to get to NY, so something like 4,000 miles for the trip. At 125mph, it gets there in one and a half hours. Whut?

Maybe it needs its own version of miles. Pixiles. PPH.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
Do you have to be connected to the net to contribute to the global event or will it count the amount you've delivered since you disconnected? I've got a family dinner to go to and I'm afraid if I can't keep fighting the good fight in Calgary I'll end up staying up all night trying to get my rank back up to, and higher than it is now.
Who am I kidding I'll probably stay up even if it does count towards it.

It saves them up and contributes them when you're back online.

Pandemic

It's sort of frustrating in having to return to the game every minute, hence why I want to start getting into the 30-60 minutes of how long a flight will take.

Top Bottom