• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

so people 10ish,

how do you use birchcraft efficiently? being limited to only blue/red cities is a pain, and it's pretty much just a faster kangaroo with longer distance (which doesn't really matter if you have a lot of small airports scattered around).

Layovers. Use the birchcraft to cover long distances between big cities, and kangaroos to cover small areas around the big cities.

Mik2121

I finally got Taipei and wow, I used to get only like 400 or 500 coins with an average of like 200... and now every flight from Taipei back to Japan gets me around 800 for the big ones, and at least 500 or so for the smaller ones.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looking to get my first 10.0...thinking about Lagos with a stopover, might be the most distant I can go. Karachi is further away but more expensive stopovers would be needed. Or should I go with something closer like Moscow?

nEeSy.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
6GGTO.jpg

3 10M airports now, yahoo. I think I'll use Manila to expand south and get Jakarta and Singapore and use Hanoi to go west and conquer India.

yeah... i think getting 2 birchcraft at this stage was a poor idea.

Anyhow my map is currently something like this

and with 2 airports all the way up to nuuk.

can't seem to figure out a great system... maybe i should nuke some airports (do you get cash back or anything?). It's not like my kangaroos cant make the flights to the blues/red.

hmmm...

Any experts here kind enough to help me out a bit? ;P

Row

Banned
I've got a v-shape going sofar, calgary to a cluster around detroit, then south to miami and guatemala. Have enough for a red airport, gonna upgrade my one birchcraft's feul and seeif it could make it to europe

I have now set my sights on building, selling, and upgrading, to have a 10 plane army for the next global event.

It better be close to Europe!

Looking to get my first 10.0...thinking about Lagos with a stopover, might be the most distant I can go. Karachi is further away but more expensive stopovers would be needed. Or should I go with something closer like Moscow?

Lagos seems like a decent bet, and the airports are really cheap between them. Moscow sends you towards Asia though, and there are LOADS of red airports there.

yeah... i think getting 2 birchcraft at this stage was a poor idea.

Anyhow my map is currently something like this

and with 2 airports all the way up to nuuk.

can't seem to figure out a great system... maybe i should nuke some airports (do you get cash back or anything?). It's not like my kangaroos cant make the flights to the blues/red.

hmmm...

Any experts here kind enough to help me out a bit? ;P

You do get cash back for closing airports, about half what it costs to open them. But you'll have to pay full price if you want to open them again later.

I'm so addicted to this game. Really love the Flight Crew angle, gives the game just enough incentive to never stop playing. Currently ranked 44 in the GAFAir crew.

I started playing Tiny Towers the day before PP came out so I'm basically always on my iPhone. PP gets most of my attention though, I like it a lot more and it requires more attention.

Mik2121

Yeah.. I think I might close Sendai and Vladivostok, they're both around lots of blues and reds and I'm starting to get better planes, so they're just getting kinda in the way...

Pachael

Expanding from Australia to India and fog at Palu is busting my chain :(

That's OK, more flights to Calgary and saving up for Jakarta will help with the new Class 2 chain I'm going with :D

kottila

Would be nice with some sort of distance marker on the world map. Or the possibility to see the distances between the cities. Impossible to judge the distance between london and the cities of NA

hmmm... i'm scared that if i close airports, I will have less jobs, or will i still get around the same # of jobs?

yeah... layovers... still not 'clicking' with me. I guess it makes more sense later when I spread abroad.

i just can't see how it would benefit me for my airport setup.

Fuck smaller airports, the luck system makes them pieces of shit. Even opening Paris, i have problems becuase the small airports have usually no jobs, and my 1 blue (berlin) sometimes have a lot and others not so much.
Fuck brussels airport, going to nuke it off the map, 3 consecutive no jobs and planes stopped there without doing a thing.

hmmm... i'm scared that if i close airports, I will have less jobs, or will i still get around the same # of jobs?

If you get an average of two jobs per airport, say, then yeah, you'll get two less available jobs. Chances are though that sending planes to rubbish airports isn't really helping much anyway. You need to really be travelling between blue/red airports if you can because those are the ones where you'll be able to get more jobs and send you on your way quickly - it's not as important if you're running 2-seaters, but with 4-seaters you need the bigger airports to fill your planes out with people going to the same place.

Gowans

I'm loving working out my cross connections to shuffle as much as I can into a journey.

I need to expand my planes and airports to earn more money but it's all so expensive.

Pandemic

Currently have 8 planes, two of which are birchcrafts... They feel useless and a waste of money. I'm probably making more money off the smaller planes.. Heh.

Someone tweeted me how Polygon looks like right now:
9x2v3t

Just woke up, resuming all flights to Calgary, if anyone's wondering, here's how my grid looks like right now. Suggestions?
AvhPJTwCIAQyrDz.jpg

Well now I'm doubly confused. Bought a plane for 17 bucks and can't find it. :/

When you bought it, it should have asked you to give it a starting city. It then should have asked you to give the plan a job (to send passengers or cargo somewhere). The plane should be doing that now.

When you bought it, it should have asked you to give it a starting city. It then should have asked you to give the plan a job (to send passengers or cargo somewhere). The plane should be doing that now.

Yep, and if you didn't choose a starting city, you didn't actually buy the plane

Jamie OD

Just got this entry in the BitBook:

"I wonder if our airspeed is faster than that of an unladen swallow?"

I'll take it that he means a European swallow, since that's where I'm located at the moment.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lagos seems like a decent bet, and the airports are really cheap between them. Moscow sends you towards Asia though, and there are LOADS of red airports there.

Went with Lagos for now. Had my first 1200+ job :D I may go east to Moscow for my next 10.0...Moscow <-> Lagos might be a lucrative route.

W1SSY

Maybe one of the NimbleBit guys can answer this for me but do you know if when the Android version come out, will the flight crew stats carry between iOS and Android or not? Kind of going crazy coming into this thread occasionally and seeing how great this game looks and then looking at Mobage's twitter and site to see if they have any update on the release date.

Shady859

Finally bought New York, how do I get to Europe? I thought I'd have a plane that would reach but guessed wrong. Do I gotta wait till I can build/buy one or do you airport your way cross continent somewhere closer?

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
Maybe one of the NimbleBit guys can answer this for me but do you know if when the Android version come out, will the flight crew stats carry between iOS and Android or not? Kind of going crazy coming into this thread occasionally and seeing how great this game looks and then looking at Mobage's twitter and site to see if they have any update on the release date.
It will be a minimum of 2 months before the Android version is out. We haven't nailed down all the details but hoping we can have cross platform Flight Crews.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
Finally bought New York, how do I get to Europe? I thought I'd have a plane that would reach but guessed wrong. Do I gotta wait till I can build/buy one or do you airport your way cross continent somewhere closer?
Through Reykjavik.

New York > Goose Bay > Nuuk > Reykjavik > Europe!

Top Bottom