• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Row

Banned
So...is it worth it to try and build planes? Or should I always be saving bux towards new planes?

you save a little bit, and the market changes often enough that you should get what you need eventually

but I'm just too impatient myself and buy the planes outright

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So...is it worth it to try and build planes? Or should I always be saving bux towards new planes?
Building is always significantly cheaper. I see absolutely no reason to buy them unless your not willing to wait 30 mins for each of the parts to pop up every 10 min refresh.

seady

This game is way more complicated than Tiny Tower. Just started playing it for an hour and there is still a lot that I am not sure what's going on.

Sloane

Banned
This game is way more complicated than Tiny Tower. Just started playing it for an hour and there is still a lot that I am not sure what's going on.
What exactly do you mean? The game's kinda fun but it couldn't be any simpler really.

Less than 20 minutes left. Finished 22 in crew. Hoping the next event is in South America. I refuse to pluck my current cash making line up out of the America's and drop them off somewhere rural like I did for this challenge.

Mik2121

Less than 20 minutes left. Finished 22 in crew. Hoping the next event is in South America. I refuse to pluck my current cash making line up out of the America's and drop them off somewhere rural like I did for this challenge.

North America for one event then South America for the rest? That'd be so unfair :p

I hope the next event is in Asia, Africa or somewhere around there..

Unfortunately, I'm still concentrated in the Japan/North East China area, so unless the challenge city is very close by, I'm probably not going to be able to reach it.

Still, #GAFAIR forever!

Meier

Event in Brisbane. Oh dear, I'm screwed lol. Time to close up my airports in NA!

Guess the bux payout takes some time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
P40-Warhawk...uhh...I'm not even mad.

MPBpu.png

If all we need is 5 jobs I'll open 2 airports in the area, drop in some 1 seaters and wait or a Brisbane job...../greedtactics

Wonder how much individual parts of that war hawk sell for? Might not even be worth the trouble.

Austrailia?? Wow... I'm nowhere close. I guess try and get Honolulu and pop over? I need bigger planes... Not sure if I'll be able to help at all this time.

senador

Banned
Warhawk looks cool but doesn't look useful. I'm nowhere near Brisbane. I doubt I'll be able to help at all. That prize is pretty small compared to the first one. Still, it'd be fun to go for it for competitions sake.

Anyhow, I'm probably out til next global.

Mik2121

Got 4 planes flying towards Brisbane already. Each taking like 40 minutes, lol. Gotta make a nice hub over Australia or else it will be a huge waste of time.

Edit: Also bought Sydney, so hopefully I can just get some work going on between Sydney and Melbourne. But yeah, too bad Australia doesn't have not even one single red airport.

Edit 2: This actually seems kind of lame. I might send all my planes back if things don't work smoothly and just ignore this event. It's so weak, lol. They should have gone for something like India, or even eastern Europe. I don't think many people will bother with Australia...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol, no way I can reach Brisbane, isn't the world flat? Have fun eastern GAFAIR.

Looks like the bux prize is taking a while, the game actually crashed on me when the event switch happened so I was worried I was screwed.

Proof of loyalty!

08QJ8.png

jgminto

Bought Brisbane, Rockhampton and Broken Hill. I'll ship some planes over there when they've finished their flights. It's kind of funny, I would have had the perfect set-up for this but I restarted my game to help with the last challenge.

Also, when do we get the rewards?

just opened two airports in auzzie land. Not sure if I will try and connect to america, close down everything america, or just have two separate bases of operations.

Row

Banned
setting up a temporary hub would work

at minimum you need ~17,000 for brisbane + rockhampton, then you might have to spend bux to put a plane in a hanger than back out so you can get it to brisbane.

use that one plane to do runs, and either stop at 5 if you're part of a big crew, or keep going if you're contributing to a smaller one. Either way at the end you'll probably sell off the airports again for about +8,000

you'll get in on the prize, but you aren't really contributing much

inky

I just downloaded this... Why GAFAIR and not AIRGAF? :p

So, I just load my planes and do routes as efficiently as possible over and over? Do I have to watch some of these flights in order to get some cash if I don't want to buy it with irl moneyz?

I picked East coast because it looks like it has a lot of small airports close enough, should I focus in buying smaller clusters? starting planes don't seem to have that much range.

jgminto

just opened two airports in auzzie land. Not sure if I will try and connect to america, close down everything america, or just have two separate bases of operations.

It seems pretty exhausting trying to connect US and Australia. And everyone should know that Class 2 planes are useless for this Event, other than for dropping off things for Brisbane at Sydney. Class 3 can't land anywhere in Aus.

It's going to take me some time to start contributing towards Brisbane, guys. My fully upgraded-range Class 2 planes won't make it anywhere near a blue or red city so I guess I have to wait for Class 3.

mandiller

The next event is in Brisbane? That's awesome! I actually live here in real life and also started here in Pocket Planes. Have no fear GAF, I will gather us many points.

Top Bottom