• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Flunkie

Banned
I bet he feels pretty cool trolling over a little more than $2 worth of in-game stuff.

In regards to the event.. yeah, damn. Seems pretty damn far away to contribute much. If I could jump to Hawaii then on across the International Date Line, it would be no big deal..

Might buy two airports in Australia and have two airports going for a sidemission, still making the big bucks in NA. There's no way I'm going to tear down my entire operation I've built up (which was fun for me) over the past few days for a plane and 15 bux, if that.

All 13 have of my planes have been relocated:
Avk65GSCIAEY5Xz.jpg

Only 11 cities though. Don't know if I should expand into New Zealand or not yet....

...oh. Just got the 50BUX!

I bet he feels pretty cool trolling over a little more than $2 worth of in-game stuff.

In regards to the event.. yeah, damn. Seems pretty damn far away to contribute much. If I could jump to Hawaii then on across the International Date Line, it would be no big deal..

Might buy two airports in Australia and have two airports going for a sidemission, still making the big bucks in NA. There's no way I'm going to tear down my entire operation I've built up (which was fun for me) over the past few days for a plane and 15 bux, if that.

Yeah, I'm not uprooting either. I like my little operation I've got going on. But I'll get over there eventually.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still waiting for my bux :x I'm thinking if maybe I should prepare myself for the next event and start expanding towards africa or so... then I'd also be close to South America if it'll be there... :/

Pachael

Bailing my C1 planes back from Karachi to Brisbane. And closed Calgary/Vancouver. This stuff is fun despite the downgrade in prizes - should be at least a C2 plane to incentivize it a little. #GAFair is good stuff.

Edit: Adding folk to GC ;)

Smiley90

:lol

Anywho, I haven't got my 50 bux yet. :/

Same here, just wait I suppose. Also, all these "first time I know where all these canadian/european/australian cities are" comments makes me question a lot of things... no offence, but... isn't world geography tought in high school in the states too? (I'm originally from Europe, where it is, so I wouldn't know)

Same here, just wait I suppose. Also, all these "first time I know where all these canadian/european/australian cities are" comments makes me question a lot of things... no offence, but... isn't world geography tought in high school in the states too? (I'm originally from Europe, where it is, so I wouldn't know)
I'm well aware of where Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane is, but hell if I'm going to know Alice Spring, Mount Isa or Cairns. Especially if their population is at 0.0M

Meier

There's really no way we'll ever win. GAFAir may be like 400-500 people strong while a place like TA can get thousands or tens of thousands involves. Just enjoy the ride!

I am getting my money's worth on my long layovers from Calgary. Did many 4000 mile flights to get there!

Got an airport open in Brisbane now and will be hitting the ground running soon.

Mik2121

Well.. to be honest, I'm from Spain and I studied geography. I think I know quite a bit about geography but I've gotta admit I didn't know where cities like Cebu, Mount Isa, or Palu were exactly located (hell, I didn't even know there was a city named Mount Isa...).

Smiley90

There's really no way we'll ever win. GAFAir may be like 400-500 people strong while a place like TA can get thousands or tens of thousands involves. Just enjoy the ride!

I am getting my money's worth on my long layovers from Calgary. Did many 4000 mile flights to get there!

Got an airport open in Brisbane now and will be hitting the ground running soon.

It's weird, when I look at the leaderboards, I'm like Nr 31, 30, 28 and 23 on the progression stats, but 3rd out of 67 on my friendlist for longest flight and 2 out of 67 for most profitable lol. Longest at 3'732 miles and 3'612 at most profitable... Who's Peter Pitrinelli? :D

Pandemic

Erm, why are other stats updating like jobs by flight crew, yet the jobs by you isn't?

I've sent numerous deliveries to Brisbane, yet it says I only have one..

yea, closing my small airports for reds and blues.

Got a good system going with LA, Mexico City, and NY as my reds.

Am slowly expanding to the blues in south america.

Are there any reds down there?

Smiley90

Is it possible you don't get the bux if you didn't actually contribute?

That's already been confirmed, you needed to have contributed at least 5 to get the rewards.

Well.. to be honest, I'm from Spain and I studied geography. I think I know quite a bit about geography but I've gotta admit I didn't know where cities like Cebu, Mount Isa, or Palu were exactly located (hell, I didn't even know there was a city named Mount Isa...).

Oh I didn't mean the small cities, those are most likely new to most people... I'm talking about things like Canadian cities or in what relation the bigger European cities to each other are that I remember people mentioning in here.

How can we splinter some of these other teams? Maybe throw wrong names out there. Like if IGN's is simply 'IGN'... We could get it out there that it's 'IGNAir'. Gotta get creative. :D

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, just bought Brisbane and Alice Springs. Just need to save up for another plane slot then spend some bux on a new plane from my winnings (if it ever shows up) and I should be set to start contributing.

calder

yea, closing my small airports for reds and blues.

Got a good system going with LA, Mexico City, and NY as my reds.

Am slowly expanding to the blues in south america.

Are there any reds down there?
South America is pretty flush, I'm using Mexico city and Lima right now and will get Rio soon. Third tier cities, not too far apart for my fleet of birchwoods and equinoxes. Not bothering with blues for now, Seattle and Dallas are my only blues, using them as stopovers.

For Australia I just bought 2 airports and will run my surplus old kangaroo there for now. May expand later

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, I really hate how there are customers wanting to go to Brisbane in my USA territory, but I can't get them there.
Oh shit I didn't think about that.

Also I was like 39th or something contributor for Calgary (well over 5 jobs) and haven't received my reward yet. Gettin worried..

Smiley90

For the global events each crew member gets the listed reward for whatever place the crew comes in. You have to have contributed a minimum amount of jobs though to qualify for getting the prize (currently it's 5 event jobs delivered). So if you are part of the crew but delivered less than 5 jobs for the event you don't get anything.

There, found it. 5 it is.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
WELL.

The game reset itself and seemingly STARTED ME FROM THE BEGINNING out of nowhere.

;_;

Super sorry. Had you installed the update released yesterday? If you email ian@nimblebit.com the G: number at the bottom of the in-game settings screen I can get you up and running with some more bux if you're inclined to keep playing. Definitely install the update if you haven't already.

hirokazu

Yeah, we have no hope of getting up there any more, but at least we can settle for runner up prizes. Who's the guy leading the way for GAFAIR with 47 points already? :0

Does anyone know if it's possible to jump over the Pacific with a Birchcraft? Honolulu to Brisbane, perhaps?

Edit: Nevermind. 1500 mile range. There's no way...

eeenmachine

It seems pretty exhausting trying to connect US and Australia. And everyone should know that Class 2 planes are useless for this Event, other than for dropping off things for Brisbane at Sydney. Class 3 can't land anywhere in Aus.

I wish we could emphasize that it is simple to start a regional carrier anywhere in the world just by opening the cities if you have the coins and a few bux. It was a pretty common thing to shut down and re-open 3 or 4 cities every time the event changed towards the end of the beta.

eeenmachine

Does anyone know if it's possible to jump over the Pacific with a Birchcraft? Honolulu to Brisbane, perhaps?

Edit: Nevermind. 1500 mile range. There's no way...

The world is flat and doesn't wrap around, allowing the longest flight times in the game to be routes like Hawaii to Aus.

Top Bottom