• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Flim Flam

Neo Member
sVH9c.jpg

Lost reference!! I love this game

The world being flat is mostly a design decision. It is the only way you can have flights as long as we wanted.

I'm not really sure what you mean..its kind of pointless to build on both sides of the pacific as is and the world is highly skewed toward the far east as far as the availability of red airports goes...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This Atlanta fog really put a dent in my groove, if anything befalls Cancun before it's over I'm screwed.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
I'm not really sure what you mean..its kind of pointless to build on both sides of the pacific as is and the world is highly skewed toward the far east as far as the availability of red airports goes...

It doubles the length and value of the longest possible flights. Building on both sides of the Pacific gives you the most profitable flights...

eeenmachine

eeenmachine, any chance that Achievements bug can be patched, or do you think I'm screwed? My precious GameCenter achievements.....
:(

We're going to be adding a button to reset achievements which will hopefully clean things up and let you "re-earn" them all.

I can finally help with a Global Event! I am using pretty much all my planes to ferry things to Brisbane. It sucks at times bc I have to have my Level 2 planes drop a lot of the stuff off in Jakarta so my smaller planes can then carry them to Brisbane.

coldfoot

Banned
eenmachine, takeoff and landing animations would be nice to have for planes instead of just switching from the flight view to airport view.

Oh God, London is closed for a thunderstorm. It has shut down my well-oiled machine! I've got 2 Pearjets and a Birchcraft stuck there on the ground full of pax that are supposed to be let off for layovers. Nooooooo!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
London just closed due to a thunderstorm. Pussies.

Just seeing if you can keep people captive on your plane to stop them disappearing when the jobs change..

If you look at a city and it has lots of customers, is it safe to send other planes over there, or is it possible the jobs will dry up?

Edit: heh, I kept my London passengers stuck on the plane until the storm passed, then flew them to Barcelona.

London just closed due to a thunderstorm. Pussies.

Just seeing if you can keep people captive on your plane to stop them disappearing when the jobs change..

If you look at a city and it has lots of customers, is it safe to send other planes over there, or is it possible the jobs will dry up?

I've held passengers captive while jobs change. I know that works.

It is possible for the jobs to change while you are midflight going somewhere, though. You could fly from NY to Miami expecting a ton of Bogota jobs, but when you get there they've all changed to Seattle flights instead.

eeenmachine

Game just started crashing 90% of the time I open it up after my phone has been locked :(

This is on the newest version (1.0.2)? The version is shown at the bottom of the main menu (unless you're on iPad where you can't see it due to a bug).

eeenmachine

Can you think of anything that changed before the crashes started happening? i.e. started using or not using GC or iCloud? Also have you been in an area with poor network connectivity? Try turning on Airplane Mode and see if that helps.

Spl1nter

Can you think of anything that changed before the crashes started happening? i.e. started using or not using GC or iCloud? Also have you been in an area with poor network connectivity? Try turning on Airplane Mode and see if that helps.

Only changes would be change in internet connectivity, using while in areas with or without during the past few hours. But for the past while I have had 4 bars on 3G. I will see if airplane mode helps.

Apeboy

For anyone wondering, the Pearjet at level 14 can make the trip from London to New York. You have to max out the range (three upgrades) to make it. So in total it costs 98 bux to buy all the parts, build it, and upgrade it. Start saving those bux!

Max upgrade on all three options or just take one to third tier?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've gotta be honest, this game is starting to wear thin for me. I feel like I'm on my way out.
I feel the same.

Only because I'm already feeling the underpinnings of how this game will make me into a slave like Tiny Tower did and We Rule did beforehand. I don't want to get sucked into that vortex now that I'm being productive with my life again.

These games just become a bad habit and like a second job eventually. I'm gonna keep contributing to the end of this global event but afterwards, I don't know. It's already becoming a chore.

Fuu

It is certainly intended to be part of a player's strategy.
Sweet. :) I'm really enjoying how the game is kind of freeform in a way that you can still play without paying too much attention, but the more thought you put into it the best are the results you can get. There's definitely more strategizing than what I first expected when I started.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Game just started crashing 90% of the time I open it up after my phone has been locked :(

Has been crashing like mad for me since I got the game, even on 1.0.2 it always crashes once when resuming after my phone's been locked. It seems to be caused by the amount of catching up the game needs to do as it doesn't happen after short durations out of the game. After longer durations out it tries for a bit then *crash*, and then when I resume again it tallies up all the proceeds and resumes normally.

My phone is incidentally on iOS6, but this happens on my iPad(3) as well which still runs 5.1.1.

eeenmachine

Has been crashing like mad for me since I got the game, even on 1.0.2 it always crashes once when resuming after my phone's been locked. It seems to be caused by the amount of catching up the game needs to do as it doesn't happen after short durations out of the game. After longer durations out it tries for a bit then *crash*, and then when I resume again it tallies up all the proceeds and resumes normally.

My phone is incidentally on iOS6, but this happens on my iPad(3) as well which still runs 5.1.1.

Have you been in an area of low connectivity as well?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Have you been in an area of low connectivity as well?

I just had lecture in a room with super low connectivity and indeed, the game crashed twice for me. Buttons wouldn't respond and force-closing the app made it crash on startup. Low and behold, i turn on flight mode and the crashes stop, and it's also working fine now that I'm out of the lecture hall. Bottom line: the app can't handle low connectivity, apparently. If you're in an area with barely wifi/3g, rather turn the connection off completely.

Fuu

I have 1 plane and 3 airports in Australia and only 82 jobs for GAFAIR so far, but I like to keep contributing even if it's just a little. It's been a matter of me having time to babysit it though, as the flights I'm doing there don't go over a few minutes. Worldwide learderboard is glitched in a funny way right now, it's showing me places 7 and 9 with zero jobs.

Just reached level 14. Dat Pearjet. I'll patiently wait for the parts for an M-model (just bought the controls), I'm not in a big rush to get it and I want to avoid the 23 bux price difference for the full thing.

Hope the mods are ok with me asking, but does anybody want to trade parts?

I know it's probably an early plane, but I need a Kangaroo-M body, and I have a Kangaroo-C body to give away.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Doing my Brisbane-Sydney duty, I had two passengers with 1 Bux, and no other passengers or cargo. Oddly my flight had a profit of +10, even though nobody was paying me to fly. Would the 25% bonus do that somehow?

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Doing my Brisbane-Sydney duty, I had two passengers with 1 Bux, and no other passengers or cargo. Oddly my flight had a profit of +10, even though nobody was paying me to fly. Would the 25% bonus do that somehow?

Yea, when the bonus is applied to VIP's it adds the value in coins, since we can't give anyone 0.25 bux.

Yea, when the bonus is applied to VIP's it adds the value in coins, since we can't give anyone 0.25 bux.

That's cool, but could be maybe made a bit clearer, I think. When I got a 25% bonus on someone with four Bux I was expecting it to increase to five, had no idea I was getting bonus coins.

Top Bottom