• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

I just opened up Jakarta, so I'm making my way over to Australia slowly. Hopefully I get there before the event is over. I think I may sell Atlanta since I seem to be getting by fine without it. That way I can buy something else in Australia instead.

just started playing, love how much more depth is in it than tower (certainly initially, my tower never got more than 25 stories high).

Will have to give this thread a thorough read through when I get home tonight.

Lookin good, nimblebit!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hey guys, what's goi...

Jp7ew.jpg

... eeek :\

What are your opinions on the SuperGopher? I have a SuperGopher C which has an amazing range-1265 miles and 184 miles per hour-

However it can only carry one cargo item!! Should I ditch it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Best class 1 plane? I had airvans, but just started building kangaroos - i like the M with 2p/2C, but it's heavy and slow. Is the Mohawk better, even though it has less capacity?

And how are the leader boards for the event scored? Is it number of trips, or value of trips? Would long haul flights into Brisbane earn more than short hops?

Who's running away with #1 on GAFAir? I can't catch up. Current look: 880 (I'm at 805).

Is the OP updated with GAFAir members? That'd be cool.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oh no. I went to check the flight crew and now a big box is stuck on my screen that says register player....

Manually closing the app seemed to fix it.

Best class 1 plane? I had airvans, but just started building kangaroos - i like the M with 2p/2C, but it's heavy and slow. Is the Mohawk better, even though it has less capacity?

And how are the leader boards for the event scored? Is it number of trips, or value of trips? Would long haul flights into Brisbane earn more than short hops?
Tossup. Kangaroo has higher capacity; Mohawk is actually pretty average for Capacity 3: ANAN is faster with shorter range, and Airvan is slower with farther range...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Atlanta, Chicago and now storms in Caracas and Belém too, this is the end of the world for me.

calder

Jesus, there are WAY TOO MANY airport closings in this game. It's kinda killing it for me, it's irritating to do all that work to open up a NYC-London leg and start ferrying stuff across the Atlantic only to have NYC closed. Then London. Then Chicago. One every now and then is fine, even when it's a linchpin airport it's fine occasionally, but now I seem to ALWAYS have at least one airport down.

Jesus, there are WAY TOO MANY airport closings in this game. It's kinda killing it for me, it's irritating to do all that work to open up a NYC-London leg and start ferrying stuff across the Atlantic only to have NYC closed. Then London. Then Chicago. One every now and then is fine, even when it's a linchpin airport it's fine occasionally, but now I seem to ALWAYS have at least one airport down.

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I hate to say it but it's pushed me away from the game some. I get on there and can do very little so now I'm down to checking it a few times a day, all spread out.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games

Aside from the fog bug which has been fixed in the next update, no city is ever closed longer than an hour, and no more than 5 or so (out of 200+) should be closed at a time.

eeenmachine, I convinced my co-worker to download this last week and he just started playing today. He didn't update the app, of course-and he just lost all his progress. Is all lost? Any chance that save file is on iCloud somewhere? His GameCenter name is baconator53....

eeenmachine

eeenmachine, I convinced my co-worker to download this last week and he just started playing today. He didn't update the app, of course-and he just lost all his progress. Is all lost? Any chance that save file is on iCloud somewhere? His GameCenter name is baconator53....

The only thing I can think to try is to delete (keeping any iCloud files if you get the choice) and re-install the game, and launch it a few times. If you could get me his G: number on the settings screen rather than his gamecenter name I can hook him up for his troubles.

eeenmachine

So, is anyone successfully playing on 2 devices? iCloud doesn't seem to sync that often. Is there a way I can sync on demand?

Some people seem to be able to do it with no problem, but there is no way to force iCloud to sync. One of the main thing we're working on right now is getting iCloud to play nice.

TTK11 does New York to Brisbane in a Kangaroo-M with, er, one or two stops

7397026326_6edc179e64.jpg

Three hours, but 7k profit!

DAMN, that's so fucking smart!

I can't play constantly, so I miss the "let the app running and gain money" of Tiny Tower. I think I'm going to get rid of some airports and go in that way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Isn't it a slight overreaction? It's kind of an async game where you can come and go. It's not the end of the world if an airport is closed for 15 minutes. Just work around it or wait it out.

Meier

So can Class 2 planes only land on blue or red cities or can they also land on small ones with upgraded airports?

The former and apparently Class 3 can only land on red. The bigger planes require more substantial runways associated with an international airport so to speak.

Flunkie

Banned
Started to get bored with my setup so I slimmed down and am preparing to expand across the Atlantic into London. Gonna make my way down into Australia to meet my two-city setup probably as soon as the competition is over. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just got an iPad last night and started playing this for the first time, I am so hooked it sucks. I also checked out Tiny Tower on my brother's recommendation, awesome game. They are complete time sinks tho.

I'm only level 7, but I am really loving the game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Isn't it a slight overreaction? It's kind of an async game where you can come and go. It's not the end of the world if an airport is closed for 15 minutes. Just work around it or wait it out.
Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. The Atlanta fog was excessive but like eeenmachine said it's a bug that's going to be fixed. One hour tops is a reasonable time for those events and they aren't so hard to circumvent or wait it out.

On the other hand I love being dramatic about these. My fleet, my profiiiiits! vaderno.jpg

I'm actually not expanding my operations right now just because I don't want to build extra airports and then close them when the next event comes around. I think I'm going to stick with class 2 airports and then only go down to the class 1 airport near an event. There is definitely a lot of effort required to get to these remote locations.

So, is anyone successfully playing on 2 devices? iCloud doesn't seem to sync that often. Is there a way I can sync on demand?

Playing with zero problems on my phone and pad. Both are running iOS 6 beta which has caused a little bit of stability inconsistency on the phone but the sync is pretty damn seamless.

Top Bottom