• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

trixx

using kadabra is basically cheating

also play the game ithout using items other than pokeballs and tm's. The challenge is fun

Fumpster

Hm, I wonder if there exists a list of moves that Pokémon could learn in Gen 1 that they can't in Gen 6? That way people could teach those moves to them before Sun/Moon come out.

Velcro Fly

Hm, I wonder if there exists a list of moves that Pokémon could learn in Gen 1 that they can't in Gen 6? That way people could teach those moves to them before Sun/Moon come out.

No Guard Fissure Machamp is basically the prize here I believe.

Who knows how abilities will work with these imported pokemon though.

mandiller

I'm also wondering that. Could be a very useful opportunity to get some rare, normally unobtainable Pokemon/move combinations.

I am excited to eventually (and slowly) transfer over a bunch of pokemon with pay day. I've always inexplicably liked pay day, so I usually have a meowth in my pc at the ready to use it.

Fumpster

I'm also wondering that. Could be a very useful opportunity to get some rare, normally unobtainable Pokemon/move combinations.

Could be a pretty useful thing to have a good guide on. I'm sure over time people will at least get the most important combinations down for people to get.

Chopper

Is Mew grindable as long as you don't fight that one trainer?
I'm no expert. I know you can get more later in the game. Something to do with Dittos. But I just used the Youngster outside Cerulean City, and the Swimmer in Misty's Gym to get two very easily, wihin five minutes of each other, before I even got my second badge.

I'm done with glitches now. I just wanted Mew(s).

Isn't that tax evasion...?

That is actually a super complicated question, and there's not really a clear or easy answer. There are ten states that have explicit laws concerning the taxation of digital goods. The Internet Tax Freedom Act prohibits the taxation of any internet based goods or services "related to a homepage, email, instant messaging, video clips, and personal storage capacity." This is a pretty difficult definition to deal with due to the fact that it has come about due to multiple amendments to a law passed in the mid 90's, before digital goods were really an issue. Any service that falls into the aforementioned categories should be exempt from taxation. Alternatively, you could argue that because the Dormant Commerce Clause of the Constitution forbids the taxation of goods purchased by mail unless the vendor has a substantial nexus with the state levying the tax. Because there is no clear definition of what would be considered a nexus for digital goods, it is difficult to determine in what way these goods should be taxed. Using this logic, however, digital goods purchased through the Nintendo eShop should only be taxed for residents of Washington state. It's all kind of a mess though.

Caffeine

There are 2 glitches to get a mew 1 is pre misty and 1 by ss anne after u get surf and strength.

the pre misty was posted earlier.

trixx

bought the game for portable convenience. damn I'm getting rekt in viridian forest. just a nidoran and pikachu... gotta run back to the centre

I just hate the graphical style and music for the remakes. It just seems so bland compared to the original.

I would of preferred something more like the SS and HG Remakes

DeVeAn

All these glitch posts. I for one will do a clean play through. Cruise through and dump my team in the Bank lol.

Chopper

All these glitch posts. I for one will do a clean play through. Cruise through and dump my team in the Bank lol.
What a sad, Mew-less existence.

I don't blame you. I just got carried away with the fact that obtaining Mew was so frickin easy.

Richie

Just beat Misty! Current team is as follows:

Pikachu lvl 20
Charmeleon lvl 16
Mankey lvl 19
Ivysaur lvl 19

Pretty much every other time I'd play a Gen 1 game, I'd try and catch as many Pokémon then train all of them equally...Well, screw that noise. Still catching everything I find, gotta catch 'em all, but I'll only party the ones I know I'll be using long term. So far the approach has worked like a charm.

I really wish Pikachu's defense wasn't so pitiful. Any advice here? I did beat Misty's Starmie using Pikachu exclusively (granted, gave about three potions to the little guy), so that gave Pika a nice self-steem (and EXP!) boost.

I just walked past the Nintendo store in NYC. Huge line to get into the store. Looks like they're giving away a code for mew!

Are Mew codes that rare? I still got one that Gamestop gave me a few weeks ago as they guy just pulled them out and asked if I had X or Y. I don't even really play anymore. I haven't even scratched it off yet.

Qwark

Anybody know how limited the Pokemon 3DS is going to be? I was a bit late and tried picking one up today to no avail. Is there going to be restocks or am I out of luck?

Well Pikachu, it's been swell since we met in Viridian Forest, but we're at Celadon now, and there's a little lady waiting for me at the top of that building who will replace you.

I'm sorry it had to come to this, but she's just so much faster than you. She also gets that Thunderbolt TM I know you wanted. And the Thunderstone you wanted. Uhhh... but you'll be first in the line to go the moon, so look forward to that.

Now enter the queen, Sparkster the Jolteon. Always wanted to use Jolteon, but never did in Blue the first go around, and I guess I just forgot in FR, so here I am. And unlike Pikachu, who took like 4 turns to kill anything, her and her thunderbolt OHKO or 2HKO basically anything that doesn't resist her. Neat.

Fearow's next. As soon as I meet the two headed freak of nature, Fearow's time on the team is done. He served me well, but I can't argue with Doduo getting Drill Peck a few levels before Fearow. And having better stats.

From there, the team is solid until Dugtrio is retired for Articuno much later on.

I'm packing Persian, Nidoking, Fearow, Charmeleon, Jolteon, Dugtrio. All in the mid 20s, early 30s, just got to Celadon. The game is starting to get a lot easier now that Persian has some water coverage, and I have a decent special attacker with Jolteon.

Also Bubblebeam Persian wrecks Rock Tunnel. And yet I still just barely made it out, with, yet again, a very low HP Nidoking. This Nidoking has been clutch for me making it out of caves lol.

Chopper

I'm through Cerulean city and have cleared out all the trainer's is it possible to still do the mew glitch?
If you've cleared out the trainers to the north of the City, past the Nugget Bridge, and finished Misty's Gym, then you're out of luck without reverting to a previous save.

I believe there are opportunities later in the game though.

Pokemaniac

Honestly, I'm only really concerned with getting Mew. With no confirmation that they'll run a Gen I Mew event, I just want to get one to make sure I can complete the Pokedex. Especially because this is before they started giving out the certificate even if you don't have all the Mythical Pokemon.

Chopper

Honestly, I'm only really concerned with getting Mew. With no confirmation that they'll run a Gen I Mew event, I just want to get one to make sure I can complete the Pokedex. Especially because this is before they started giving out the certificate even if you don't have all the Mythical Pokemon.
Exactly. Me too.

Check out "Method #2" here:

I used both the Route 25 Youngster AND the Swimmer in Misty's Gym and got two Mews very quickly.

You can use the Jr Trainer to the left of Nugget Bridge more than once, which makes the process very quick and easy.

Now I kind of want to grind out an army of Mews so once I can transfer to PokeBank, I'll Wonder Trade the hell out of them.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Remake. I love Vaporeon so there's no way I could resist evolving Eevee.

Ah I see, I was curious to see how you would have handled his original team had you chosen it but you seem to find a way around that.

Actually I wonder how many people actually used Eevee on their team and kept him unevolved, surely I can't be the only one who does this.

So how likely is that they'll eventually release Gold/Silver etc as well? Would love to have them on a single device

I wouldn't be surprised if they have plan to give gen 2 the virtual console treatment, which why I am holding off till they release them.

What a sad, Mew-less existence.

I don't blame you. I just got carried away with the fact that obtaining Mew was so frickin easy.

I once used Mew on my Red team but he made the game a bit too easy and he took some of the spotlight away from the team so I had to drop him.

Top Bottom