• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

I either said it a few pages ago or in the last thread, but my only wish coming into this debate was for Joe Biden to be an asshole to Ryan for 90 minutes. My wish was granted.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Looks like Biden was Obama's trial balloon again, re: gay marriage support.

Obama looks more calculating than decisive with stuff like this, I guess.

He will see the positive reaction that going bold and going at the opponent gets with Biden and he will attempt to emulate the same. Let's hope he doesn't screw up his words or phrasing when he tries to use an Elizabeth Warren paraphrase this time.

giga

ZLrp4.jpg

"I'm going to destroy your pussy just like I destroyed your husband"
lol

I don't need a poll to tell me who won or how I feel tonight. I was dejected yet still hopeful last week (because of the electoral map) after Obama decided to go out and play prevent defense. Tonight though, Biden made Ryan look like a joke. Ryan is supposed to be the "ideas" guy but he came off like he was out of his league. Biden may be prone to saying stupid shit, but he can go out and passionately defend liberal positions.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I don't give a fuck about a CNN poll.

Biden was a boss. Ryan tried to defend a war that no on gives a fuck about. He lost.

and not only on that point but basically every point he had was an enigma wrapped in a puzzle served with a side of vagueness. Biden pulled a Romney and offered facts, figures and force. Difference being that Biden's were generally true while Romney was just making up stuff, but still. :p

The CBS poll has Biden winning the debate by quite a bit.

Someone said all the polls showed a tie? huh?

Anyway, like I said, this should get the dem base fired up a bit.

The media would never allow a knockout. I'm curious about the internals of that poll.

Eh, they allowed a knockout last week - because it happened. Obviously there are more snap polls coming out tonight, and the majority may break Biden's way. We'll see, but Romney's camp will focus on CNN's poll. Just as if a poll showed Obama won last week, GAF and democrats would focus on it

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think my Facebook needs a purge. Not for dissent, but for flailing ignorance and week-old hypocrisy and apparent amnesia.

Chumly

I don't give a fuck about a CNN poll.

Biden was a boss. Ryan tried to defend a war that no on gives a fuck about. He lost.

All you need is to see the ridiculous republican spin. Republicans "never" lose when they are talking about their own. Once they start going into full bore spin mode thats how you know they lose.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Eh, they allowed a knockout last week - because it happened. Obviously there are more snap polls coming out tonight, and the majority may break Biden's way. We'll see, but Romney's camp will focus on CNN's poll. Just as if a poll showed Obama won last week, GAF and democrats would focus on it

They allowed it last week because Romney was down. Biden completely stomped Ryan here.

Jackson50

Thank you for bringing an objective perspective.

What is up with The Philip DeFranco Show?

Their insistence on how young people should vote on a 3rd party candidate (and Gary Johnson in particular) almost makes them sound like a GOP plan to stop young, undecided voters make an impact in this election.

Also, Ron Paul fans it seems.

AniHawk

If Romney wins, I think he will do it without OH.

if virginia and florida break for romney, then romney HAS to win colorado, nevada, and wisconsin to break 270. getting new hampshire does nothing for him if he doesn't get ohio.

obama can win without ohio, florida, and virginia.

The very, very fine print:

According to This Poll
A CNN/ORC International post-debate poll shows that 48% of likely voters think Paul Ryan won the vice-presidential debate, while 44% think Joe Biden won. SPECIAL NOTE OF CAUTION #1: This poll does not and cannot reflect the views of all Americans. It only represents the views of people who watched the debate. SPECIAL NOTE OF CAUTION #2: The sample of debate-watchers in this poll were 31% Democratic and 33% Republican. That indicates that the sample of debate watchers is about eight points more Republican than an average CNN poll of all Americans, so the respondents were more Republican than the general public.

Wait, what? Obama got his ass kicked, the media couldn't spin it. I believe the media will spin a close debate though, which is why they seemed to wait before making a decision tonight.

So you think this was a close debate?

Was there another PD posting earlier when he said:

Biden was way too condescending, it'll be interesting to see what viewers think. Still, he clearly controlled the debate. Some of that was due to him talking over Ryan, but a lot of it had to do with Ryan seeming out of his league.

I'm not wrong often but when I am, I admit it. I thought Biden was going to bomb. Obviously polls might show Ryan won, but from my perspective - even if I were to think about it objectively - Biden clearly knocked that out the park

Can Biden debate Romney, please?

PhoenixDark: Flip Flopper

Can we trust him?

Thank you for bringing an objective perspective.

It's the definition of an objective perspective. I've said I thought Biden clearly won, but polls are showing mixed opinions - therefore the debate was more of a tie or slim Biden win, than a unanimous decision (like last week when Obama clearly lost)

ezekial45

Banned
Biden crushed it, easily. Fox News and other like minded news organizations are just trying to take the wind out of the sails. He did good and they know it.

RDreamer

It's the definition of an objective perspective. I've said I thought Biden clearly won, but polls are showing mixed opinions - therefore the debate was more of a tie or slim Biden win, than a unanimous decision (like last week when Obama clearly lost)

A single poll with oversampled republican debate watchers has it tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom