• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the definition of an objective perspective. I've said I thought Biden clearly won, but polls are showing mixed opinions - therefore the debate was more of a tie or slim Biden win, than a unanimous decision (like last week when Obama clearly lost)

The more important part is if it fires up Dems again

I thought Biden won the debate handily. I have a cousin on Facebook that posted he was an arrogant pompous ass. I sort of laughed at that as that just seems to be Joe's general demeanor.

I'd argue conservatives are going to be a lot more hard-pressed to admit they lost a debate than liberals are. Liberals are too used to throwing their candidates and policies under a bus to save face.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I would say that, just judging by personality and stuff. Biden was right, of course, but he was a smirking jackass through a lot of it.
Smirking? He was outright laughing at the sheer outlandishness of Ryan's claims. "Smirking" is the way to call it so it seems more insidious, right?

383546_505960022749099_783019589_n.jpg

markatisu

The tears from my right leaning friends are so delicious. They are coming up with every reason why Ryan lost from the moderator being unfair to Biden being too mean

Seriously we are talking about the potential VP of the USA and too mean is being thrown around LOL

I think my Facebook needs a purge. Not for dissent, but for flailing ignorance and week-old hypocrisy and apparent amnesia.

I assume your "private" facebook is under a different name? Because I can't imagine you'd be able to have one with your real name without 24/7 spam from children and manchildren.

thekad

Banned
A single poll with oversampled republican debate watchers has it tied.

And a single poll has Biden up (though with a fairly large lead). We'll find out what this debate meant, if anything, in a few days with actual polls.

Haha, I guess this is where poligaf starts "unskewing" polls they don't agree with by arguing about oversampling and "bad" internals?

Some polls do have bad internals.

Good grief the Philip DeFranco Show is retarded:

"Do you think people are angry that we have freedom? Or that we are doing things over there?"

"Oh, that's the Ron Paul thing, yeah, I don't know really. They are so extreme and outlandish, and so fundamentalist, that no, I do think it's something in them that makes them hate our freedom"

Why the heck are they a featured channel on youtube for this year's election?

There seems to be a lot of surprise over all this.

Aggression turns some voters off.

This is why we all know Obama can never be what Biden was tonight, ever.

Tim-E

There's no use in worrying about "snap" polls; this debate was never going to swing the race in either direction. It did its job of giving the democrats some enthusiasm again.

Cloudy

Banned
In what goddamn universe were these people living?

Unlike Democrats, Republicans won't throw their guy under the bus. Maybe Dems could learn something from this. A big reason for the over-the-top coverage lambasting Obama was the Left's insane reaction.

There's no use in worrying about "snap" polls; this debate was never going to swing the race in either direction. It did its job of giving the democrats some enthusiasm again.

Mostly this. Joe did the bulldog thing brilliantly. He brought everything back up to even levels by showing the Democrats what backbone looks like.

markatisu

So...two polls for Ryan, one poll for Biden. Seems like a basic tie: both parties get to claim victory and whip out a poll

Ryan will never get to claim Victory, he is done in politics because when he returns back nobody is going to take him seriously after this. The GOP has been looking for reasons to shut him up, not ready for primetime is the best reason.

Exactly. And Dems can claim victory for themselves and how Biden destroyed Ryan and that makes them feel better.

Should help them. No Way Repub enthusiasm went up from this.

Unlike Democrats, Republicans won't throw their guy under the bus. Maybe Dems could learn something from this. A big reason for the over-the-top coverage lambasting Obama was the Left's insane reaction.
Yes, lets be more like Republicans.

When Obama fucks up we'll just pretend he won. Its all good.

There is balance now, which is good. Biden's work tonight gives Obama more flexibility in the next debate. He still needs to call out the bullshit, and he DOES, but he can do it in quieter tones.

Jooney

First post in Poligaf in a while.

One thing that I wish Joe brought up how Ryan's plan didn't balance the budget till 2040. It would have completely undermined any credibility Ryan has with this issue.

Jackson50

It's the definition of an objective perspective. I've said I thought Biden clearly won, but polls are showing mixed opinions - therefore the debate was more of a tie or slim Biden win, than a unanimous decision (like last week when Obama clearly lost)
I'm certain I didn't thank you for bringing a subjective perspective. Keep bringing the good analysis.

Chumly

I can't believe you guys are concerned about republicans admitting defeat. Republicans always stand with their own. The polls were never going to be like they were with Obama. Democrats readily admit defeat.

Has zero to do with that.

Yes, it does.

While that Biden performance was red (or should I say blue) meat for the down trodden base, it was very fierce and at times condescending.

To his credit, Ryan remained calm throughout and for some people, that matters.

And when Biden looked into the camera and told the America people to use "common sense", I could see that as being somewhat off-putting--a guy telling me that I don't know what's good for me.

I could see that alone causing a disconnect with voters.

RDreamer

I really hope this destroys Ryan's future political prospects toward the white house. Hopefully he loses this one and goes home... and then loses somewhere down the line.

And when Biden looked into the camera and told the America people to use "common sense", I could see that as being somewhat off-putting--a guy telling me that I don't know what's good for me.
Really? I thought those were the best points for Biden.

norinrad

Dear PoliGAF, your Yuropean friend just got out of bed.

Please please tell me things are back to normal and that honest Joe, slaughtered him piece by piece?

Haha I'm already people talking about how condescending Biden was on the radio around here. Why is no one actually focusing on the actual content of the debate?

Please please tell me things are back to normal and that honest Joe, slaughtered him piece by piece?

He did, but apparently no one cares because Biden laughed at Ryan's lies and called him out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom