• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

Romney and Ryan have been emphasizing that Russia is the greatest threat to the USA. Any reason why they keep pushing Russia as the enemy instead of Iran and China?

Also why is North Korea completely off the political and media radar now?
Aside from being dullards, their intent is probably to provide a contrast with Obama's "reset" policy.

First, it's not a pressing threat. And, second, there are no feasible solutions. Perhaps everyone's stopped pretending we can solve the problem.

Cloudy

Banned
The thing that annoyed the left about Obama's performance in the first debate was that, even if you're going to lose, at least go down fighting.

Biden brought the heat today. Democrats should be in good spirits.

Obama is just not a confrontational guy and I bet he felt it was cheap to bring up 47% and stuff like that in a debate unless the moderator asked about it. Biden was masterful at weaving it into damn near everything lol

Loudninja

Obama is just not a confrontational guy and I bet he felt it was cheap to bring up 47% and stuff like that in a debate unless the moderator asked about it. Biden was masterful at weaving it into damn near everything lol
Not this time Obama I think made that clear.

Averon

enhanced-buzz-wide-5399-1350015146-3.jpg

RDreamer

Biden's answers on Medicare were perfect. Really reminds me of that FDR quip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZGkNAUSvY

Same shit 70 plus years later

I absolutely thought he killed it with Medicare. The time when he looked at the camera and talked to people straight up on Medicare benefits now was great. I don't get how an older person could see that and believe Ryan's crap. It also helps Biden's credibility that he is an older person.

RDreamer

So, what in the world is this woman talking about now:

No my advantage plan has co pay so I can get cheaper insurance per month, but if they take away the co-pay on the advantage plans then I will have to pay about double each month (plus $100 each month taken from our s.s. checks) So our annual pay out for medicare and supplement insurance will probably be 3-5 thousand more a year,

We already have free immunizations etc. Mammograms I do not pay for because I have a premier plan. But the cost was $199 at St. Agnes and Medicare only paid $38 I also have consignment so the balance left is written off by hospital. Now they are going to reduce the amount paid for doctor fees. Already some doctors will not take medicare patients because of that,.

Obamacare taking away co-pay... what?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait, what the hell happened? PD made a fake AP poll that was retweeted by Dave Weigel?

If Biden's performance goes down with the American public then they deserve what is coming to them.

I think he did a decent (not great) job of putting for the Obama/Biden ticket views. If they don't want that the fuck 'em.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Biden was kind of being a dick throughout the whole debate. I just don't see the bulk of Americans really enjoying that. I thought that Romney and Obama were mostly courteous, but Biden was being straight up disrespectful.

I am not saying Romney and Ryan's policies don't deserve that oftentimes, but being an attack dog is a fine line to walk in a debate. And Biden went from crazy joe to pit bull.

pigeon

Banned
"We need something low-class in here, uhm, throw some pizza in the shot. Just...drop it on the table, yeah, that looks good, that's how people eat pizza right?"

I'm posting it again because I feel very strongly about it it turns out.

THAT PIZZA IS ON A FUCKING CHEESEBOARD

MITT ROMNEY EATS PIZZA OFF A CHEESEBOARD

OBAMA 2012

Trurl

Banned
Pretty much. He got a good shot in on Ryan - "Now you're Jack Kennedy"

Can't believe Ryan walked into that one.

That was one of the weaker points imo. What Ryan was saying may have been dumb, but it's not because he was comparing himself to Jack Kennedy (he wasn't) or that Jack Kennedy had special powers that Ryan can't aspire to.

Cloudy

Banned
Biden was kind of being a dick throughout the whole debate. I just don't see the bulk of Americans really enjoying that. I thought that Romney and Obama were mostly courteous, but Biden was being straight up disrespectful.

I think Romney was as much of a dick if not more. Biden's job was to fire up the base and he did. Good cop/bad cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom