• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

heads up Diablos - I still think Obama will win. However the fact that we're resorting to "He's winning Iowa and Ohio! Four more years!" is troubling compared to where we were before the debate. A win is a win but I hate uncertainty.
What? we been saying this all the long.

Romney still hads very few paths to victory.

Diablos

Pretty much.

When Ohio shows signs of cracking and when Obama's huge ground game advantage dissipates, then I'll start to get jittery. It isn't looking as pretty as a few weeks ago, but the job will still get done.

Looking forward to that PPP Ohio poll tomorrow. If it's four more with Obama at or above 50, I'm going to laugh like a loon.
His firewall is all but collapsing, there's enough reason for everyone to panic.

But what's disappointing is that the Dem base is already giving up a lot of the time. GOPers don't do that when their President hits a rough patch.

I am scared for this thread when Romney crosses the stream on 538's popular vote prediction, bound to happen by early next week.

28255576.jpg

Effect

Serious question:

How many of you would move out of the U.S. if Romney wins?

If I wasn't tied to the States, I would most certainly do it. Escape the austerity menace before it hits.

I've seen this type of campaign before from Republicans. The solution always involves cuts.

It depends if I was able to. I've looked into it a few times over the years. Mainly do to having a curiosity of what it would be like living outside of the US. Something I've been curious about since I was kid to be honest. I believe I would pass the educational requirements for entry to live and work in another country with my Masters degree. My Spanish needs work as I haven't had a chance to use it in a while though. Don't know any other languages so that might hurt my chances. If Romney won I would actively start applying to various companies that had offices and facilities outside of the US and some that were 100% based in other countries. I wouldn't want to be here if I didn't have to be if someone like Romney can simply lie their way to the White House with the full assistance of the US media and the ignorance of so many people.

Loudninja

Pretty much.

When Ohio shows signs of cracking and when Obama's huge ground game advantage dissipates, then I'll start to get jittery. It isn't looking as pretty as a few weeks ago, but the job will still get done.

Looking forward to that PPP Ohio poll tomorrow. If it's four more with Obama at or above 50, I'm going to laugh like a loon.
I dont think one poll had him trailing in Ohio.

Their own writers would clean it up, of course.

I didn't even mention the $2 trillion military and allude it to Iraq (same promise again) since I thought it would make it too long.

I really just think Obama needs to align Romney's policies with Bush's and the electorate will come back to him decisively. He just has to make it clear that it's the same policy. Right now, people are starting to go "hm, maybe Romney does have some new ideas to push us."

I sent them an e-mail.

I should probably circulate it around to some of the pundits as well. See if anyone will bite. I would tweet it, but I don't have a twitter account!

Ras has Obama +7 in Michigan and Brown +1 in Ohio and Baldwin up 4 in Wisconsin.

Not sure if posted. and yes, it's Ras.

Any other state polls coming out today besides the other ones already released?

dschalter

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
While on that subject, what does the Book of Mormon say about lying for personal gain?

Given who wrote it and the nature of the content, I doubt it's a subject dwelt on too much. And just imagine the difference in attacks if Romney were Christian and Obama were Mormon.

HylianTom

Banned
His firewall is all but collapsing, there's enough reason for everyone to panic.

But what's disappointing is that the Dem base is already giving up a lot of the time. GOPers don't do that when their President hits a rough patch.
If anything, it looks like he and Romney are going to roughly split the swing states.

If forced to predict, I'd guess:
New Hampshire: pure toss-up
Virginia: pure toss-up
North Carolina: leans Romney
Florida: leans Romney
Ohio: leans Obama
Iowa: leans Obama
Colorado: leans Romney
Nevada: leans Obama

Admittedly, this does look a lot shabbier than ten days ago. But the sad thing for Romney is that he's gotta pretty much run the table, and if it comes down to ground organization in a jump ball state, I wouldn't bet against the Obama campaign.

And you're damn right about the weak-kneed Dem base. They've gotta learn to get up, dust themselves off, and resume fighting.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
what makes you so sure? I seriously hope you are right. But I will freely admit that I am in Chicken Little mode right now. The polls are on the verge of giving me a stroke.

I am not sure. Polls beget polls, and trends beget trends, but my instincts tell me this is what's going to happen and you can already see it, even in the Ras poll on this page. It will take a couple of days for Biden's performance to yield results, not based on confidence in Biden, but in the sobering reminder that Ryan isn't good or ready, and the fact that voters must now actually think about what a Romney Ryan ticket would actually mean for the country, instead of thinking about who had the best zingers, or who smiled too much. the closer you get to the ballot, the more serious people get about their vote, one way or the other.

markatisu

Reassuring, but I consider Nate's model the holy grail.

Maybe he's getting rusty?[/denial]

Bitch please, when Nate was extremely high on Obama you were not reassured. Lets call a spade a spade in here. You shit the bed whenever anything remotely negative happens

Its politics, shit will ALWAYS happen and most of it negative

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bitch please, when Nate was extremely high on Obama you were not reassured. Lets call a spade a spade in here. You shit the bed whenever anything remotely negative happens

Its politics, shit will ALWAYS happen and most of it negative
/nods

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What's all this new negative Nelly-ing coming from? Was there some new poll released today with bad news?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What's all this new negative Nelly-ing coming from? Was there some new poll released today with bad news?
Someone on Twitter posted that Obama farts under the covers. PhoenixDark called it a "game changer".

I don't trust Florida or North Carolina to go for Obama and I'm worried about Colorado, Wisconsin, and New Hampshire. I think Obama may end up needing both Virginia and Ohio to win.

Really, the last few days have pushed me into doing something I should have done weeks ago - volunteer for the campaign. If there are any fellow Hampton Roads gaffers browsing or posting in this thread feel free to join me.

Owzers

I registered to vote!

From my touchpad.....i presume things will get messed up and i won't be able to vote, but we shall see. Sidenote: making a signature on an hp touchpad with ics.....yeah, took 20 minutes. Sooooooooooo sloppy. I'm in Virginia so my vote will matter unlike some of you guys!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So what happens if there's a 269 electoral vote tie and there's a faithless elector, even if by accident? It happened in 2004.

Or if Obama wins with this map:

http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=Hvx

And a faithless elector votes Romney and throws it into a tie?

A 269 electoral tie means the current House of Representatives gets to decide the election via a floor vote.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying.

As pigeon mentions below, hilarious constitutional crisis

HylianTom

Banned
Mitt Romney's running partner Paul Ryan accused of stealing 'Bean' story from Kurt Cobain

http://www.nme.com/news/kurt-cobain/66617
Mitt Romney's running partner in the US election, Paul Ryan, has been accused of stealing an anecdote from the late Nirvana frontman, Kurt Cobain.

In last night's Vice Presidential debate (October 11), Republican congressman Ryan told a story about how his daughter Liza got the nickname Bean, when answering a question about abortion.

Gawker reports that it was quickly pointed out by Twitter users that Ryan's story was similar to Cobain's, who said he gave his daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, her unique middle name because she looked like a kidney bean on his wife Courtney Love's ultrasound scan. Ryan has stated that he is a big fan of Nirvana, as well as Rage Against The Machine.

Huh? Hwaa..?

Ecotic

A 269 electoral tie means the current House of Representatives gets to decide the election via a floor vote.

Well of course, but doesn't Joe Biden as Vice President preside over the vote count? In Farenheit 911 the intro showed Al Gore presiding over the vote certification that pronounced Bush the winner and all the Congressmen and women were trying to object, but didn't have the support of a Senator.

So, would Joe Biden gavel the results in the event of a faithless elector, or would be wait until someone has quietly been sent to that State's delegation to straighten out their faithless voter? Can he even do that?

codhand

Voter Registration Worker: 'I Don't Get Paid For Democrats
"Are you registering both parties?" our viewer asked.

The man said yes, but then the conversation took the same strange turn our viewer thought he'd heard in passing.

"Could you do me a favor?" the man asked. "Mark non-partisan on there. I'll get credit for it. I don't get credit for Democrats.

I am a Democrat," he continued. "So I still do Democrats if I have to, but I'm working for the Republican Party. I have to get two an hour and I don't get credit for Democrats."

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/voter-registration-worker-i-dont-get-

Dat ground game

----
Here's the Matthews confronting a "communist" truther video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ama-communist_n_1959686.html?utm_hp_ref=media

Just study it out.

As an amusing anecdote the scariest dream I ever had involved me having sex with a woman that I discovered to be Anne Coulter after the act was over. I woke up panting and sweating with my heart pounding hard enough that my gf at the time could hear it. It fucked with my head for the entire day, talk about horrifying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom