• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tumblr_mbssi465Kx1r8kiyko1_500.gif

Paul Ryan’s act - that he is a serious, substantive economics wonk - is the kind of self-important and stuffy straight man that is perfect for being taken down a notch for the amusement of viewers.

A good cartoon.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah, PPP did have his lead as relatively modest even when everyone else had Obama pulling away there. A tightening in the PPP poll wouldn't be that drastic of a shift.

Silver originally described PPP as "a slightly Republican-leaning pollster," which makes it amusing that PoliGAF has seized on them as our one lifeline.

markatisu

~4 days of constant debate prep. He needs it.

It will be interesting to see the change, the fact its a town hall is already in his benefit.

If any of you have ever seen Romney live he is really awkward when a person does not respond to him in a way he expects (gay veteran, females, etc). Obama can do much better relating to people even if he is not interested. No amount of debate prep can change how you relate to people.

I would worry more about the third debate since that goes back to the same format as the first one and is where Obama needs to have learned any lessons.

Jackson50

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/13/mitt-romney-ad-spending_n_1963850.html

They've been talking about this last minute ad crush for a long time. The timing couldn't be better for them.

I hope it's not that close. Voter suppression is a bitch.
Indeed, voter suppression is a bitch. But the two laws intended to disenfranchise, restrictions on provisional ballots and early voting, were overturned by the 6th. Circuit. Are there other laws I'm missing?
I wonder if debating with Kerry is a good idea?
I doubt any sparring partner can imitate Romney. If there's a side on an issue, he's taken it.

No amount of debate prep can change how you relate to people.
Yep. I think it'd be worthwhile to have him sit down with some honest representatives of worried small business owners and others who may disagree with his message. If he could empathize with their worries and connect with them he'd do great come Tuesday.

AniHawk

It will be interesting to see the change, the fact its a town hall is already in his benefit.

If any of you have ever seen Romney live he is really awkward when a person does not respond to him in a way he expects (gay veteran, females, etc). Obama can do much better relating to people even if he is not interested. No amount of debate prep can change how you relate to people.

I would worry more about the third debate since that goes back to the same format as the first one and is where Obama needs to have learned any lessons.
the third one is where it'll be libya for a little while and then a bunch of stuff obama did like winding down iraq, winding down afghanistan, killing bin laden. versus what romney wants to do like ramp things up, unless romney says he doesn't want to increase military presence over there, which he could do

markatisu

I will just say I would not be shocked if AZ became competitive, I still Romney will win but the GOP is fooling themselves if they think they can go 2-3 more cycles and not have it be at risk the same way NV, CO, and NM are heading. Texas will ultimately be the same way as it trends purple in coming years.

What is going on in the SW is the same thing that happened in the Midwest, its whats ultimately going to change FL as the GOP leaning Cubans grow older and are replaced by DEM leaning Cubans and Mexicans.

Todd Akin. said:
I've taken a look at both sides of the thing and it seems to me that evolution takes a tremendous amount of faith...To have all of the sudden all the different things that have to be lined up to create something as sophisticated as life, it takes a lot of faith. I don’t see it as even a matter of science because I don’t know that you can prove one or the other."

The amount of fuck that is entering my mind is utterly incomprehensible.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Texas:
Mitt Romney 47
Barrack Obama 47
Rick Perry: Elephant

Huh? Is this implying Ryan had actual details and Biden had no substance? The fuck debate did I watch then?

Ryan had no/few details (though I do remember zoning out at one point where he was throwing out too many numbers.

Biden blatantly lied about Benghazi and saying he didn't vote for 2 unfunded wars which he indeed voted for.

Partisans are seeing what they wanted to see in that debate.

Cloudy

Banned
It's crazy how white the Romney rallies are compared to Obama. Obviously Democrats have attracted minorities for a long time but I guess it doesn't seem as stark when it's 2 white guys running?

HylianTom

Banned
Good day so far! Football, a seafood festival, and now more football!

If Obama stays at or over 49 in this PPP poll, I'm going to laugh like a loon. I'll be paying much more attention to Obama's number than Romney's.

Ryan had no/few details (though I do remember zoning out at one point where he was throwing out too many numbers.

Biden blatantly lied about Benghazi and saying he didn't vote for 2 unfunded wars which he indeed voted for.

Partisans are seeing what they wanted to see in that debate.

What I don't get is how Biden stuttered through the Benghazi question. He had ample time to make up and rehearse an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom