• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an Obama 50-47 Ohio lead would be pretty decent so that's what I'm hoping shows up.

That type of number would be tough for Romney to make up since he's peaked. Second debate not withstanding, of course.

It's been a slow poll day so far. Other than that wild Zona poll, nothing new that isn't a tracker.

giga

5ggc+

time to panic

HylianTom

Banned
Meanwhile, that Ohio lead is being further and further baked into the cake.

Still several weeks left, several events left, several twists left.

teiresias

I don't even pay attention to PPP's twitter anymore, they've used it enough times to either troll for hits or troll period, that I don't see it as a trustworthy indication of any results they're going to bring out.

Loudninja

I don't even pay attention to PPP's twitter anymore, they've used it enough times to either troll for hits or troll period, that I don't see it as a trustworthy indication of any results they're going to bring out.
Yes they do troll.

But the polls are reliable.

jbug617

Banned
Did you guys see the breakdown of Romney's ad blitz for this week.

1. Romney campaign: $17.7 million
2. Obama campaign: $16.5 million
3. The Karl Rove-started American Crossroads: $7 million
4. The Romney supporting super-PAC Restore Our Future: $6 million
5. The Obama supporting super-PAC Priorities USA: $4.2 million
6. The National Rifle Association: $1.3 million
7. The conservative American Future Fund: $400k

markatisu

Obama people came by my house today, wanted to make sure me and my wife voted and offered to put signs in our yard lol

I also got an email from the Obama campaign later thanking me for voting and hoping it was in their favor. Both campaigns were apparently notified by the state that we voted.

Since Obama has a lot more money, does he spend more of it on the ground game versus Ads?

BTW, in Cali, I have yet to see a Mitt ad for about...2 months. I've seen some Obama ads. Again, only on national TV events like MNF so it's a national ad buy.

Starting to get a bunch of prop ads.

Imagine how many poor folks we could help with all that fucking PAC money.

Or saved it for their upcoming tax hikes, lol!

HylianTom

Banned
Now I'm wondering how much "a lot stronger" means. Getting a bit antsy and hopeful here.

The average between "tighter" and "a lot stronger" is "pretty good," I would think. So I'm guessing a 3 or 4 point lead, with Obama at or above 50.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Obama people came by my house today, wanted to make sure me and my wife voted and offered to put signs in our yard lol

I also got an email from the Obama campaign later thanking me for voting and hoping it was in their favor. Both campaigns were apparently notified by the state that we voted.
Don't get bullied by the Chicago machine like the BLS or pollsters

Jackson50

Todd Akin said:
I've taken a look at both sides of the thing and it seems to me that evolution takes a tremendous amount of faith...To have all of the sudden all the different things that have to be lined up to create something as sophisticated as life, it takes a lot of faith. I don’t see it as even a matter of science because I don’t know that you can prove one or the other."
He seems pretty smart.
Romney had a 11k person rally in Ohio today
Good for him. Also, can you provide that data, or are you still posting on your iPod?
Why is Romney going after Obama about China?
Portraying Obama as timorous is a cardinal plank of his platform. Also, it permits him to fulminate about deficits and the economy. It's an empty, false attack, of course. But it's a natural target.

Imagine how many poor folks we could help with all that fucking PAC money.

I hate to be that guy, but really those numbers don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things when national budgets are concerned. That's fucking pocket change and would only help at the very basic level.

markatisu

Since Obama has a lot more money, does he spend more of it on the ground game versus Ads?

Probably, I mean he has what almost 800 field offices vs Romney who has almost 300. Most of Obama's ads are on the web since his demo is younger as well, that has to save some money.

I would imagine a lot of it is going to the ground game, I mean its ridiculous how effective they are at least in this state.

Measley

Probably, I mean he has what almost 800 field offices vs Romney who has almost 300. Most of Obama's ads are on the web since his demo is younger as well, that has to save some money.

I would imagine a lot of it is going to the ground game, I mean its ridiculous how effective they are at least in this state.

They're pretty effective here in Ohio as well. Just saw a few Obama people in my neighbourhood signing people up. Haven't seen or heard of Romney doing anything like that in this state.

51-46 bams

Ohio is blue muthafukas.

Denzel-Boom.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom