• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks

I wonder based on that data if Nevada could swing in Obama's favor but I feel that there is a lot of Sheldon money going around there, plus voter suppression.

Harry Reid may be a pussy, but the man had a great ground game. If you think Obama hasn't taken it and added to it then I dunno what to say.

It'll be funny on election night when Ohio is called. I'll be popping open the champagne corks and my friends will be like "wait, we don't know if he's won! they still haven't called California!"

Touchdown

Banned
im calling Fox giving Ohio to Obama first again, 50-60% in

omg remember in 2008 on FOX when they called Ohio for Obama? lol ! I think i have that video saved to my favorites in youtube. Karl Rove was right in the middle of explaining how McCain could still pull it out as long as he takes Ohio and they tapped him on the shoulder and was like, "Karl, Obama just won Ohio." then silence. #greatestmomentintelevisionhistory

markatisu

It'll be funny on election night when Ohio is called. I'll be popping open the champagne corks and my friends will be like "wait, we don't know if he's won! they still haven't called California!"

It was glorious in 2008 when Karl Rove basically lost his voice upon being told Ohio went to Obama on FOX News lol

Loudninja

omg remember in 2008 on FOX when they called Ohio for Obama? lol ! I think i have that video saved to my favorites in youtube. Karl Rove was right in the middle of explaining how McCain could still pull it out as long as he takes Ohio and they tapped him on the shoulder and was like, "Karl, Obama just won Ohio." then silence. #greatestmomentintelevisionhistory
Hahahahah I wish I watch fox that night.

Can you link me that? I looked for it a while back and couldn't find it.

-North Dakota and South Dakota should be merged. WTF. Nobody lives there, just merge them, it will save money. Dakota sounds nice.

I do. :( And if it weren't for you and your avatar, I'd never have discovered the music of New Album(or at least would've taken me a lot longer, we have an excellent college station here but I don't think they've played NA yet). Despite the spike in crime in some cities since the oil boom, I still love North Dakota.

Diablos

I do. :( And if it weren't for you and your avatar, I'd never have discovered the music of New Album(or at least would've taken me a lot longer, we have an excellent college station here but I don't think they've played NA yet). Despite the spike in crime in some cities since the oil boom, I still love North Dakota.
Hahaha I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being there, but y'all should merge, srsly.

Could be worse, you could live in Wyoming!

Jackson50

Thanks

I wonder based on that data if Nevada could swing in Obama's favor but I feel that there is a lot of Sheldon money going around there, plus voter suppression.
I was unaware of any successful suppression efforts in Nevada. What legislation did the pass?
Well, yeah, that makes no sense to me. The marginal return is lower if you spend time getting someone to vote who was already likely to vote.
Your second sentence suggests it makes sense. That's precisely why campaigns do not focus on strong partisans. And the obverse is that some are disengaged to the extent that any contact would be futile.

BlazinAm

Harry Reid may be a pussy, but the man had a great ground game. If you think Obama hasn't taken it and added to it then I dunno what to say.

I wasn't trying to assert anything, I know that Conservative PAC and Romney side will have more money this month, plus who knows how much Sheldon is will to spend that I assume that Nevada might go either way. The youth vote I'll assume will be Obama key there, I was just wondering what you guys think as several maps projections I've seen in this thread show that Nevada will go Romney.

giga

zzGg+

gqnA+

Dat bailout.

BlazinAm

Does this mean that Romney camp sees Ohio as a lost cause what do they do now?

I was unaware of any successful suppression efforts in Nevada. What legislation did the pass?

I wasn't referring to legislation but to how money is spent in hiring firms to act out some form of suppression on would be voters... something the Republican party has been accused of associating with.

LAtoDC

Neo Member
I have been a longtime lurker of this thread since 2008 and I finally feel ready to start contributing. I have to be careful though due to work. Unfortunately I cannot go into details, but my job is directly tied to what happens on Nov 6th. We have been saying since early March that Ohio holds the key to the election. I am fairly confident that IA and NH are in our camp as well, and based off what I have seen and heard in VA, we are looking pretty good. If you are in a swing state, make sure to get out the vote and volunteer some of your time canvassing. OFA has an incredibly impressive ground game, but they need all the help they can get.

Great PPP poll.

Diablos

I have been a longtime lurker of this thread since 2008 and I finally feel ready to start contributing. I have to be careful though due to work. Unfortunately I cannot go into details, but my job is directly tied to what happens on Nov 6th. We have been saying since early March that Ohio holds the key to the election. I am fairly confident that IA and NH are in our camp as well, and based off what I have seen and heard in VA, we are looking pretty good. If you are in a swing state, make sure to get out the vote and volunteer some of your time canvassing. OFA has an incredibly impressive ground game, but they need all the help they can get.

Great PPP poll.
It's David Plouffe!

markatisu

zzGg+

gqnA+

Dat bailout.

Yeah this meshes with something I read last week that said because they both have spent time in the swing states, OH and some others are bascially decided on how they view the candidates. His let the auto industry fail is locked in voters minds

Great PPP poll.

Hi Barack,

please don't suck on Tuesday

giga

Great PPP poll.
Glad to have you here, Axelrod.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Great PPP poll.

Kal Penn posts on GAF confirmed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I was unaware of any successful suppression efforts in Nevada. What legislation did the pass?Your second sentence suggests it makes sense. That's precisely why campaigns do not focus on strong partisans. And the obverse is that some are disengaged to the extent that any contact would be futile.

Sorry, bit of a sentence mix-up: I mean it makes no sense to target partisans. Sorry about that.

Great PPP poll.

we've found Ben Labolt!

Jackson50

HylianTom

Banned
This election will be very telling as far as how much the Electoral College has begun to tilt against the GOP. Obama can probably still win in the EC, even if Romney has the national vote by a few percent, and that has to be disturbing to them.

The idea that the race can get this tight, that their nominee has to draw an inside straight to win the narrowest of victories, etc.. if Obama continues to victory, the next few years are going to be a big fork in the road for them.

After the Colorado Obama office shots being fired, I am a bit weary about the immediate reactions.

Cloudy

Banned
Portraying Obama as timorous is a cardinal plank of his platform. Also, it permits him to fulminate about deficits and the economy. It's an empty, false attack, of course. But it's a natural target.
I like your posts and always chuckle when folks give you a hard time but I had to look up "timorous" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom