• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
The polls are better than I expected. Obama still has a good chance of recovering some independents if he politely dismantles Romney's platform on Tuesday.

My biggest concern for the debate is Candy Crowley. She's a terrible journalist.

If you watched the convention coverage on CNN, she was very critical on both candidates lack of specifics. She still brings it up and I wonder at the debate she will bring it up again.

Also Conservative bloggers are trying to dig dirt up on her basically trying to find an excuse if she pushes Mitt.

Watching Sunday night football, I just got back to back to back pro Romney/anti Obama ads (American Energy Alliance, NRA, and the Romney campaign) here in southwest VA. These people might want to learn what oversaturation is.

Jackson50

NC is basically an addition for Obama. I really didn't expect him to win it this time again. I wonder how much resources Obama will use in NC.
They've invested heavily in the NC campaign organization. And they are spending on advertisements. So Obama has some interest in NC. But they're clearly prioritizing OH, FL, and VA.

Watching Sunday night football, I just got back to back to back pro Romney/anti Obama ads (American Energy Alliance, NRA, and the Romney campaign) here in southwest VA. These people might want to learn what oversaturation is.

yeah i'm in central ohio and i keep getting back2back romney ads

and just got a romney ad and that same NRA ad in a row

yeah i'm in central ohio and i keep getting back2back romney ads

and just got a romney ad and that same NRA ad in a row

LOL, just went back2back again myself. I'm easily in the double digits for Romney ads during this game and it's only halftime (The same NRA ad has been on at least three times)

Diablos

Romney is blanketing every vital state with ads from now till the 6th

PPP last polled Pennsylvania in July, had Obama leading 49-43
Well it is worth polling PA again, we have been getting pretty neglected. Never know, Romney could be sneaking up on us here. We ain't gots no polls.

Romney is blanketing every vital state with ads from now till the 6th

As everyone from a swing state can attest to.

I visited family and friends around DC/VA for a weekend and I got sick of it. The whole thing must feel like too much food for not enough people.

SmokeMaxX

LOL, just went back2back again myself. I'm easily in the double digits for Romney ads during this game and it's only halftime

Which makes me wonder how efficient Romney's side has been. Yeah they outspent Obama's side, but does that mean that they have more ads? Does that mean that they're reaching more people? Football ads must be hella expensive especially for all those super PACs.

Loudninja

For a half of football? lol No it's not. The race here in Virginia has been steady for a long time, shitting-up the airwaves with the same ad over and over (NRA) isn't going to change that

What about back2back2back? Because I've seen it tonight. lol
Ouch!

Are all 3 difference ads at least?

I don't know why anyone believes PA is still a tossup at this juncture but they're right, they haven't polled it in a while. I'm sure Obama will be up high single digits like always and the media will be like "HERDFERF IT'S TIGHTINING!!1"

Beats another poll of Minnesota i guess.

Loudninja

I don't know why anyone believes PA is still a tossup at this juncture but they're right, they haven't polled it in a while. I'm sure Obama will be up high single digits like always and the media will be like "HERDFERF IT'S TIGHTINING!!1"

A poll release 4 days ago had him up 8.

Yeah, in that instance it was. I just saw the same NRA ad for the fourth time during this game though, they might as well be flushing money down the toilet at this rate.
Damn I am so glad I live in Chicago.

The Obama campaign spent marginally more on advertisements than the Romney campaign this week. So there's no great disparity between the campaigns.

The Obama campaign has got to be getting more bang for their buck because they are on cable TV a lot (TBS, TNT, FX, etc) and I almost never see Romney ads on there. Ads during Sunday Night Football have got to cost a ton

HylianTom

Banned
Romney's allies would be better off spending their money on ground game operations instead. But if they want to waste it on further-saturated TV ads, fine by me.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dont Superpac ads have rules?

IT doesn't matter, because at this point, nothing they say will be prosecuted until after the election, AND they are legally allowed to use political contributions to pay any court-imposed fines.

Jackson50

The Romney campaign has spent nothing on advertising in PA. If you're anxious about PA after even the Romney campaign surrendered, then you might have a problem.
Romney's allies would be better off spending their money on ground game operations instead. But if they want to waste it on further-saturated TV ads, fine by me.
Right. I think they committed a grave strategic mistake by failing to invest adequately in their organization.

PPP has Bill Nelson up by 8, 45-37.

Jackson50 said:
The Romney campaign has spent nothing on advertising in PA. If you're anxious about PA after even the Romney campaign surrendered, then you might have a problem.
I'm not, it's just worth polling for posterity's sake.

Trurl

Banned
How many election cycles are we away from a campaign paying to have their logo on the field like the first down line?

Or the equivalent of product placement in films. Imagine if Obama paid for a positive mention in The Avengers. I suppose the did this in a negative sense by having Bane in Batman.

This was Romney plan. He really didn't spend in September and wanted to ad blitz in October till Election Day.

His ad blitz should be like a shotgun and scattered around the networks, not the same show/channel over and over again. My wife hasn't seen one Romney ad over on CBS

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Buy ALL the ads. Every channel 24/7. Big Bird ads on Nick/Hub/Cartoon Network/PBS and nothing else.

If he's going to do that I'd rather there be no commercials. Buy all the ad space and at the start of each show have a short thing saying "This show, brought to you commercial free by the Obama Presidential Campaign" or whatever it's called. If they do that, even on just 1 major channel, for just 1 night, it'll take people by surprise. It'll make the news on every channel and it will all be good news, you can't spin a commercial free night of TV as a bad thing. People hate commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom