• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Recent PA polls

Code:
RCP Average	        10/1 - 10/9	--	--	47.8	43.3	Obama +4.5
Rasmussen Reports	10/9 - 10/9	500 LV	4.5	51	46	Obama +5
Philadelphia Inquirer	10/4 - 10/8	600 LV	4.0	50	42	Obama +8
Susquehanna	        10/4 - 10/6	725 LV	3.7	47	45	Obama +2
Siena	                10/1 - 10/5	545 LV	4.2	43	40	Obama +3

fwiw he was +13.8 in PA four years ago right now according to RCP.

Xisiqomelir

Just when I said that liberals weren't resorting to religious attacks, a liberal I'm friends with on Facebook posts this:

2V2IS.jpg

fucking ugh

Wait, Mormons believe black people are cursed? If yes, what about brown people, and other non-white people?

Yea he made a twitter post about it, says it looks like everything finally leveled off.

just in time for obama to go comparatively hard on tuesday

e: completely unrelated to this thread, but i get the feeling one of my hard drives just failed because it's been in chkdsk for almost 5 hours and it's barely 16% done.

NC is fine...been around that every time PPP has polled.

The FL swing sucks though, but R+1 is probably an accurate assessment of it.

I would ultimately like to see Obama making some gains in the regular tracking polls too :(

According to Nate's model, Romney has a 85% chance to win NC higher than Obama has for NV, IA, OH, WI.

Wait, Mormons believe black people are cursed? If yes, what about brown people, and other non-white people?

They had a new revelation in 1978 wherein black people could become Mormon clergy. But the fundamental book of Mormon has a narrative about bad dark-skinned people and good white people. It was a product of its times . . . the 1800s.

Chumly

Superpac ads almost seem to be dying down in my area. Mostly Obama/Romney ads. I wonder if the higher advertising rates are really hurting them.

NC is fine...been around that every time PPP has polled.

The FL swing sucks though, but R+1 is probably an accurate assessment of it.

I would ultimately like to see Obama making some gains in the regular tracking polls too :(

According to Nate's model, Romney has a 85% chance to win NC higher than Obama has for NV, IA, OH, WI.
He gained in reuters/ipsos.

man the superpac ads in miami are disgusting. really some morbid shit. they crap they put on some of these billboards makes me sad that people would vote for someone who resonates with that type of mentality.

The Obama I know might make a mistake, but he doesn't make the same mistake twice in succession.

Agreed. Dude just had his mind stuck on the first lady. That, and what I think was a shitty "look Presidential" strategy that the campaign is trying distance itself from after the fact.

Tendo

I'm new to the early voting deal, didn't know it even existed until a few weeks ago. How does it work? So election day is just the deadline to get your vote in now? I wanna lock my vote in NC as soon as I can.

Chumly

Awesome! Thank you. One last question - for some reason I am thinking absentee ballots are only counted if the race is close - is that the case? My old high school teacher told me that. It sounds bogus but I want to make sure my vote counts.

That doesn't make any sense. I don't think it would be legal for them to not count the ballots. Especially considering there is going to be a dozen races on the ballot (local etc).

Obama's team needs to list every inconsistent or contradictory positions by Romney/Ryan from the first debate and the VP debate and make Obama memorize that shit and call them out. Maybe they didn't expect Romney to claim appealing moderate positions out of fucking nowhere, but they know his game plan now. Time to punish them.

Forever

Banned
Awesome! Thank you. One last question - for some reason I am thinking absentee ballots are only counted if the race is close - is that the case? My old high school teacher told me that. It sounds bogus but I want to make sure my vote counts.

I think what she might have meant is that there are so few absentee ballots that they'll only matter if the race is close. More people are voting early these days though.

Diablos

The problem is: What does Mitt stand for?

Is he going to pull another wildcard and just say the complete opposite of whatever Obama says and in the most attractive fashion possible? I think that's a key part of his debate strategy; deny the past and pick the best possible talking point remotely grounded in some form of GOP ideal to throw Obama off.

Tendo

I think what she might have meant is that there are so few absentee ballots that they'll only matter if the race is close. More people are voting early these days though.

Awesome. Thanks. I knew it sounded bogus. NC might be leaning Romney but I'll do what I can to swing it blue.

The problem is: What does Mitt stand for?

Is he going to pull another wildcard and just say the complete opposite of whatever Obama says and in the most attractive fashion possible? I think that's a key part of his debate strategy; deny the past and pick the best possible talking point remotely grounded in some form of GOP ideal to throw Obama off.

In the last debate he seemed to say I've got the same policies as Obama but I'm just better.

Yeah, that's complete crap. Absentee ballots are always counted. Legally they have to.

Diablos

In the last debate he seemed to say I've got the same policies as Obama but I'm just better.
But he stopped short of totally embracing them and provided contrast while trying to tie it back into a conservative point of view. It worked out pretty well the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom