• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkryhewy

Actually they showed a recent GWU/Politico poll for "battleground states", which showed Romey up, rather than their own swing state number, which shows Obama +5. They basically cherrypicked every internal nuance that was favorable to Romney.

Amazing.

They did mention, but not show, their own headline number at the beginning of the piece: 'obama up three but this is within the margin of error and other polls show romney ahead'

Loudninja

Actually they showed a recent GWU/Politico poll for "battleground states", which showed Romey up, rather than their own swing state number, which shows Obama +5. They basically cherrypicked every internal nuance that was favorable to Romney.

Amazing.

They did mention, but not show, their own headline number at the beginning of the piece: 'obama up three but this is within the margin of error and other polls show romney ahead'
Haha damn.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Of course you're right. Just didn't expect to see ABC so overtly spinning their own poll.
Well, it's GMA. I would expect abc news proper to treat the poll a little more professionally.

GMA probably went from the poll to talking about the hottest boots for winter, right? ;)

codhand

Damn Vietnam vet caller just went off on CSPAN generic republican guest.
We were in the rice patties while Mitt was on the beach in France! He has yellow stripes runnin down his back, he coulda served two years, and then done his church work!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Do you really think Rombot could get away with that, like the viewing audience wouldn't notice that he's contradicting what he said last time?
...... I'm not sure.
You wouldn't think so, but it seems like it worked in the first debate.

giga

w09s+

watershed

Banned
As an Obama supporter, I am always in panic mode until election night finally comes. Lucky for Obama, when I panic about politics I also open my wallet.

Loudninja

HOW TOMORROW NIGHT’S QUESTIONERS WILL BE CHOSEN: Depending on the final studio configuration, 80 to 84 voters will join the town-hall format presidential debate, at 9:30 p.m. at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., on Long Island. The Commission on Presidential Debates is once again using Dr. Frank Newport and the Gallup Organization to pick the audience: All will be uncommitted, registered voters from Nassau County who say that they plan to vote, and that there is a chance they could vote for either candidate. The sample, reached using both landlines and cellphones, will include a variety of incomes, races and political persuasions. (Although Republicans aren’t sure how many evangelical hunters will turn up in Nassau County.) A few extra are picked to account for no-shows.

The audience will arrive at Hofstra tomorrow morning
. People who want to ask a question write the identical question on two cards: one to keep, and one for the moderator, CNN’s Candy Crowley. She screens the questions for topic variety (will include foreign and domestic), to eliminate duplication, and to include a mix of genders and ages. In the past, 12 to 16 people have asked questions. Because this year’s rules include a little longer time for the candidates to discuss each topic, the number will likely be at the lower end of that range.
“As stated in the document: ‘In managing the two-minute comment periods, the moderator will not rephrase the question or open a new topic … The moderator will not ask follow-up questions or comment on either the questions asked by the audience or the answers of the candidates during the debate or otherwise intervene in the debate except to acknowledge the questioners from the audience or enforce the time limits, and invite candidate comments during the two-minute response period.’ … But if the Obama and Romney campaigns agreed to such terms, there is no evidence that Crowley did — or was ever asked to do so. … Crowley referred all questions about the debate format to the Commission.”
http://www.politico.com/playbook/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just 4 days ago, which incorporated the entire post-debate bounce, Obama was up slightly less than 2 points and it was 48-46. Now that the weekend has passed, it is roughly the same (slighty higher) than the +4.3 it was the day of the debate.

In other words, the debate bounce completely faded and it looks like Obama is polling even better than before.

Where you at PD?

Wait, what happened to Gallup? Are we now using RAND as our tracking poll of choice?

Cheebo

Banned
Wait, what happened to Gallup? Are we now using RAND as our tracking poll of choice?
RAND have no track record and a really weird sampling method. Gallup is still the best when it comes to trackers. No one outside of gaf seems to cite RAND much at all.

What in the flying fuck is this. I got redistricted out of NC-04?! David Price is no longer my representative?! WHAT

*$@*$@&*!*)HUIP3J9(*#$*H(@HF($*(H%FBDKJBF&@*^#BH@#

From the new ABC poll
Handling health care policy
Obama 49
Romney 43

Handling Medicare, the government health insurance program for seniors
Obama 53
Romney 38

Handling an unexpected major crisis
Obama 52
Romney 40
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postabcpoll_20121013.html

Devastating.

What in the flying fuck is this. I got redistricted out of NC-04?! David Price is no longer my representative?! WHAT

*$@*$@&*!*)HUIP3J9(*#$*H(@HF($*(H%FBDKJBF&@*^#BH@#

Ah, didn't realize you were in NC too. Only you can turn the state: do what you must.

Why do national polls matter so much anyway?

Nate would tell you this too...if the National margin is 2 or more % points, the winner will win the EC. EC starts to matter when the National Vote is very close.

From ABC/WaPo Poll:
w-poll1015.jpg

37% to 27%

For some reason I hoped the difference would be higher

GhaleonEB

No follow up questions? Damn. That is part of what made the VP debate a better. Especially when Ryan was being vague.
Yeah, that's not good. Obama will have to be particularly aggressive, as Romney will leverage the format to the lie to the fullest extent possible.

So Wapo/ABC poll has Obama by 3.

Can someone tell me when I'm supposed to panic?

Always. You are supposed to be panicking always.

DOOOOMMMMEEEEDDDDD.png

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I'm doubting Obama will be declared a winner in the debate even if he Bidenstomps Romney. The only way it would happen at this point is if Romney becomes flustered and/or gets weird with the attendees. Otherwise the media will consider it a tie at best, which is fine really because it's not like this debate is gonna change a bunch of minds either way, it only has the potential to re-energize disillusioned voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom