• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama still has two debates to underwhelm the populace.

And if he's that inept a politician than he deserves to lose. Of course yeah as Amirox pointed out the supreme court nominations on the line really make this an important election. I'm surprised Republicans haven't been using it more because Obama will make at least one more nomination to the court.

man, if he keeps up the IA/OH/NH firewalls

b3Kz2.png

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has put special operations strike forces on standby and moved drones into the skies above Africa, ready to strike militant targets from Libya to Mali — if investigators can find the al-Qaida-linked group responsible for the death of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya.

But officials say the administration, with weeks until the presidential election, is weighing whether the short-term payoff of exacting retribution on al-Qaida is worth the risk that such strikes could elevate the group's profile in the region, alienate governments the U.S. needs to fight it in the future and do little to slow the growing terror threat in North Africa.

Details on the administration's position and on its search for a possible target were provided by three current and one former administration official, as well as an analyst who was approached by the White House for help. All four spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the high-level debates publicly.

The dilemma shows the tension of the White House's need to demonstrate it is responding forcefully to al-Qaida, balanced against its long-term plans to develop relationships and trust with local governments and build a permanent U.S. counterterrorist network in the region.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-mulls-strike-over-libya-attack-173210396--election.html

Brinbe

man, if he keeps up the IA/OH/NH firewalls

b3Kz2.png

Yea, and there's no way he's losing NM. I really don't care how bad it looks, or how close it may be, just fucking win. Though I think he'll easily end up with around 300 EV anyway. Despite the recent polling, I just can't imagine both VA/FL truly slipping through.

jbug617

Banned
Scott Brown seems to be pretty nervous. In his new ad it's his wife attacking Elizabeth Warren. His wife (Gail Brown) is a well known news reporter in Boston till Brown ran for office. I believe she still works as a reporter in DC.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Colorado and Virginia have ticked back over to blue on 538. Good.

Hopefully a decent performance tomorrow virtually wraps this up. I can't wait for November 7, regardless of who wins. Ready for this crap to be over.

bananas

Banned
Colorado and Virginia have ticked back over to blue on 538. Good.

Hopefully a decent performance tomorrow virtually wraps this up. I can't wait for November 7, regardless of who wins. Ready for this crap to be over.

Oh, come now. If there's no fight, what's the point? At least you can't say the last two months haven't been interesting.

Loudninja

Charity president unhappy about Paul Ryan soup kitchen ‘photo op’
The head of a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “ramrodded their way” into the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.

Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.

“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,” Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”

He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bout-paul-ryan-soup-kitchen-photo-op/?print=1

Al-ibn Kermit

If Obama is focusing so much on early voting, won't that skew exit polls on November 6? Not a big deal but it'll make it a long Tuesday night.

RDreamer

I gotta admit...if you didn't understand the electoral college and just looked at the map, I would cry foul with Romney losing under those circumstances if I supported him.

Yeah, all that red, but most of the country's population lives in blue states, which therefore means higher electoral college.

pigeon

Banned
If Obama is focusing so much on early voting, won't that skew exit polls on November 6? Not a big deal but it'll make it a long Tuesday night.

It will, but hopefully the cable channels are savvy enough to count the early voting statistics into the totals.

Hopefully.

Loudninja

Ahahaha, so that post I had earlier was actually better than what really happened. lol

So disgusting, honestly. How does Ryan live with himself. I'd feel like such a fucking jackass posing for a photo op for a soup kitchen having not actually done anything there.
Yes it is.

All for some lame pictures.

HylianTom

Banned
Oh, come now. If there's no fight, what's the point? At least you can't say the last two months haven't been interesting.
Indeed. And the highs we'll feel on the evening of November 6th are going to be that much sweeter since we've tasted these lows.

and vice-versa... mua-ha-ha-ha!!!

Yeah, all that red, but most of the country's population lives in blue states, which therefore means higher electoral college.

This why Southerners have a strong contempt towards democrats because as a voting block they mean jack shit.And lucky for us because the bible belt is the last place I would want to pick a president.

RDreamer

Wonder if the soup kitchen hitting back against Ryan will be played in Ohio news. That could be some pretty damning stuff if it was played on the evening news in even a few good media markets.

Trakdown

So do we have any info at all about how the House is looking? Last I heard there was good potential for Dems to get a lot of seats, but that was a month ago.

I am pretty sure pollsters do early voting polling for the days prior and figure that into the election day polling.

When in doubt on how to vote, for the the side with less funding.

qY1u5.png

Or in pop 37's case, simply who is funding it should suffiice.

Ndpb8.png

Kraft and Heinz at the bottom didn't fit in the pic.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So do we have any info at all about how the House is looking? Last I heard there was good potential for Dems to get a lot of seats, but that was a month ago.

No that I know of, I think it will depend on the margin of victory of whoever wins the Presidential though. I wish Nate had the time to do the house along with the senate.

Loudninja

Tommy Thompson’s Son Apologizes For Birther Joke
The younger Thompson, 38, is a lawyer at the Milwaukee-based firm Michael Best & Friedrich. On Monday, the firm released a statement strongly distancing itself from his “regrettable” comment.

“Over the weekend, one of our attorneys and the son of Senatorial candidate Tommy Thompson made a regrettable comment at a campaign event for his father. We want to make it clear that the comment made at the campaign event in no way reflects the views, beliefs or values of Michael Best & Friedrich.

Jason has apologized for the comment through the campaign (and to his colleagues at the law firm) and the matter is being dealt with between father and son.”
The Journal Sentinel also reported that during a news conference Sunday evening, Tommy Thompson initially deflected a question about his son’s comment, telling reporters, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Later, however, the campaign sent a statement: “The Governor has addressed this with his son, just like any father would do. Jason Thompson said something he should not have, and he apologizes.”
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...pologizes-for-birther-joke.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

This will surely help him win.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
“The Governor has addressed this with his son, just like any father would do. Jason Thompson said something he should not have, and he apologizes.”

His thirty eight year old son?

Loudninja

This race is tied.

What we do over the next 22 days will determine not just the next four years, but what this country looks like for decades to come.

That's what I'll be fighting for up on that stage tomorrow night—but I can't do it alone.

This campaign's final and most critical FEC deadline is coming up on Wednesday. It's an important test of our strength at a time when the other side is plotting a big surge in negative ads.

This grassroots organization has never been beat—but we're at the stage of an election where everyone needs to put in a little more. So please make a donation right now.

Thanks for standing with me.

Barack
http://www.barackobama.com/news/entry/tied

Jak140

Better than not apologizing. Not as good as saying "yeah, he's American."
Ehh. If you are a racist asshole, I'd rather you just own it so everyone can see you for who you are than have you come back with some insincere apology after the fact.

Dude Abides

Banned
I've actually been looking for a good, reputable list of Obama achievements--can you explain your objections?

That is an advocacy document attempting to make the list of accomplishments as long as possible. For example, under education, it talks about the Race to the Top Fund. Then you go down to "recruited math and science degree graduates to the teaching profession" and the citation is to...the Race to the Top Fund! Double counting. DADT is also counted twice, as is a bunch of other stuff.

And there's a bunch of fluff, like giving Billie Jean King and Harvey Milk Presidential Medals of Freedom and the Native American Heritage Day Act. Yay for that stuff, but is it really an accomplishment? Is merely denouncing Citizens United an accomplishment?

Obama does have some major accomplishments, but fanboy bullshit like that list just makes anyone not already in the tank roll their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom