• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Newt Gingrich: Romney Flip-Flopped On Tax Cuts
Newt Gingrich called out Mitt Romney on Sunday for backing off his promise to cut taxes on the wealthy after winning the Republican nomination.

“I think it’s clear he changed,” Gingrich said on NBC’s “Meet The Press” roundtable, admitting that Romney had shifted from wanting to lower taxes on all Americans to promising that his reform plan would not lower taxes paid by the wealthy
Gingrich said Romney’s inconsistency was “good politics” but violates a conservative belief. “What he said is something that, frankly, true supply-siders don’t necessarily love, but it’s good politics — he said, ‘I will close enough deductions that wealthy Americans will not get a net tax cut,’” the former House speaker said.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/newt-gingrich-romney-changed-on-taxes.php?ref=fpa

At least do a better job of it, you can do better. I believe in you.

I was actually aiming to be obviously ridiculous, and was surprised to see someone believe I was serious even after Cheezmo's post.

However, rushing to point that out because you all know my positions isn't particularly noteworthy. I could easily troll you all on some wedge issues, that wasn't my aim. Now quit being the "no fun league."

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

If this is now, just imagine after the election.

"Mitt Romney lost because he abandoned Conservative principals."
"We weren't Conservative enough"
"We need to Conserve more by cutting revenue and increasing spending. That's how you pay credit cards, right? RIGHT?!"
"Obama is a Kenyan, Muslim Atheist"

Newt knows what he is doing. Him claiming Mitt won't give tax cuts to the rich now and acting "offended" by it is a tactic to help Romney. Since that is a very unpopular policy.

Yep, he trying to move Mitt to the center by sprinting to the Right.

Newt knows what he is doing. Him claiming Mitt won't give tax cuts to the rich now and acting "offended" by it is a tactic to help Romney. Since that is a very unpopular policy.
I don't think so. I don't think Newt is capable of the 12-dimensional chess. And after being raped by Romney's superPACs, I don't think he has that much love for Mitt.

If this is now, just imagine after the election.

"Mitt Romney lost because he abandoned Conservative principals."
"We need to Conserve more by cutting revenue and increasing spending. That's how you pay credit cards, right? RIGHT?!"
"Obama is a Kenyan, Muslim Atheist"
"unemployment was below 8%!"

Mitt did not flip-flop on his tax plan, he engaged in double-speak by saying it's not a cut since deductions and growth will bring in the same revenues.

But if you pay 15% or 20% and it brings in the same revenues, 15% is a tax cut since it's a lower amount of total income being sent to the gov't, which is the important part.

Puddles

Banned
If 15% brings in the same revenue as 20%, then the economy has grown, which would be awesome.

Now I've got a question for you guys. Is anyone here seriously considering the possibility of an Obama loss?

I've been bouncing from one appalling surprise to the next when it comes to just how difficult it is to set up an intrade account and put money into it, but I might finally be in a position to make a large bet sometime this week.

I'm considering putting up to $5,000 on Obama. If I lose I won't be ruined, but it won't be great.

Would you guys make this bet?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If 15% brings in the same revenue as 20%, then the economy has grown, which would be awesome.

Now I've got a question for you guys. Is anyone here seriously considering the possibility of an Obama loss?

I've been bouncing from one appalling surprise to the next when it comes to just how difficult it is to set up an intrade account and put money into it, but I might finally be in a position to make a large bet sometime this week.

I'm considering putting up to $5,000 on Obama. If I lose I won't be ruined, but it won't be great.

Well I haven't had the best year so I'm not gonna, but if I had the money to I'd consider it.

yup

pigeon

Banned

It's funny you should ask this. A few weeks ago I was looking at Intrade and saw that there were three thousand shares of Obama up for grabs at 5.80 or so. I seriously contemplated borrowing $20,000...

I really don't have the money, though. If I had the money and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I lost it, I'd probably go for it, yeah.

Very tempting. What if you bet 4k on intrade, and 1k against me...I just might pull this trigger

Diablos

she's one of the hottest 46 year olds out there. Only thing of note that she was in though was Clueless and Illegal In Blue
so basically nothing to see here

the latest SNL was really good. i lol'd pretty hard. big bird on weekend update was pretty cool!!

i am so drunk right now. too out of it to be worryig about stuff, lol

Diablos

Very Impressive indeed. I guess Obama won't be too outmatched after all.
Money talks but it can't debate :)

Townhall can't come sooner (unless obama is still prepping)

Now all you need to do is invite cartoon_soldier over and buy a month's supply of alcohol and we know how you two will cope with the rest of the election!
I'll get a tent outside and have you all over. We'll all get wasted and watch NBC!

Tim-E

I'm still feeling confident that Virgil Goode will take enough of Romney's votes away that it will hand Obama Virginia, lead in the polls or not.

Snake

If PPP shows O+2 in VA, it's nothing to be worried about. Just gotta knock a little harder.

If it's, say, O+4 then PPP's likely right about Romney's bounce receding already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom