• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice map

StudentVoteMap.jpg
354 to 184, if that actually happened Nov 6th.

I don't see SC or AZ flipping, though - I thought they were fairly solidly red at this point in time (growing ever more purple in AZ's case, but not at the tipping point just yet).

Crisco

Banned
The only real explanation is that Gallup is oversampling "red" states in their polling, which while possible, isn't really likely. I think it's easier to just accept what we're seeing at face value, and what we've been seeing for practically the entire race outside of the post-convention/pre-debate preiod, rather than trying to read tea leaves: that this is a close race nationally, but with Obama holding a clear advantage in the midwest and southwest swing states.

Tim-E

I don't see SC or AZ flipping, though - I thought they were fairly solidly red at this point in time (growing ever more purple in AZ's case, but not at the tipping point just yet).

It's from a Scholastic poll.

Cloudy

Banned

Obama has a better chance in VA than NC, AZ, FL or SC (lolz)

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The debate tonight should be fun for you guys. Obama is set to be on the warpath.

It will be interesting to see how awkward Romney is with Joe Blow asking him questions. It will also be interesting to see if Romney pulls the same punches he did before, or if he gets more specific.

gcubed

The debate tonight should be fun for you guys. Obama is set to be on the warpath.

It will be interesting to see how awkward Romney is with Joe Blow asking him questions. It will also be interesting to see if Romney pulls the same punches he did before, or if he gets more specific.

its hard to be on a warpath in a town hall debate.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Because they are, in presidential elections?

Even the other trackers aren't really great news for Obama. He's still under 50% as an incumbent, a couple weeks from the election.

It's obvious that a lot of voters were looking for an excuse not to vote for Obama, but didn't have a legit alternative given Romney's horrible campaign. That changed at the first debate, and Obama stil hasn't recovered. And all this because Obama couldn't will himself to play the game for 90 minutes.

He's lazy. And unloved. Not surprising really.

I dont think it is accurate now but it may show future trends in demographic changes.

Diablos

Certainly possible. Not only does he have to save face against Mitt this time, but hope that the media will stop fapping over every little thing they don't like about his performance in contrast to Mitt's. Granted, if he shows up this time it'll be harder to do that, but they'll still have a grand old time trying to cook up some bullshit narrative.

I'll say this, Obama did himself no favors during the first debate but the media acting like he made a bigger mistake than the 47% tape, in which a candidate essentially wrote off nearly half of Americans as dirty poors, is pretty telling in terms of how badly they want this race to be close no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom