• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great debate for both, but Obama took it home.

It was good for Romney in the sense that he claimed Economy is bad, debts are high and gas prices are high. People already know we had a rough ride. I mean, tell us something we don't know. But what are YOU going to solve those problems? The intelligent, real undecideds look for this. Not the fake ass "still undecideds". They're just ashamed republicans.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Great debate for both, but Obama took it home.

It wasn't great for both. If Romney killed it on Libya (should have brought up prior attacks on Benghazi's consulate within the prior month, repeated requests for more security, hell even reports that Obama hadn't been meeting with his Security Council) but he tried to make this stupid point about the semantics of what Obama said. He could have even just harped on the video being the culprit throughout the UN speech and so on, but instead he focused on a false and unimportant aspect. He got owned on the ONE point everyone notched in his category before the debate even started...

Romney is a good debater but clearly was not prepared to handle Obama, who seemed like 08 Obama; that debate was almost exactly like the 2008 town hall where Obama manhandled McCain. Still, I think I could have beaten Obama tonight

One thing I didn't like: I thought Obama dropped the ball on asking Romney some specific questions. Sure he directly engaged Romney on many things, questioning him. But I felt he could have directly asked Romney if he supported the Lily Ledbetter Act now, and whether he still supported the Blunt Act concerning contraception (which contradicts Romney's bullshit answer tonight).

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Finally got the site to load:

Meh, that is an incredibly weak point against Romney. He doesn't say he commissioned the study, he said he asked and groups brought him the binders. This is Big Bird level stupidity from the left...

They should focus on the clear lies and non-existant plans...Makes me shake my head how they focus on the dumbest stuff because it has a ring to it.

jbug617

Banned
Romney is a good debater but clearly was not prepared to handle Obama, who seemed like 08 Obama; that debate was almost exactly like the 2008 town hall where Obama manhandled McCain. Still, I think I could have beaten Obama tonight

One thing I didn't like: I thought Obama dropped the ball on asking Romney some specific questions. Sure he directly engaged Romney on many things, questioning him. But I felt he could have directly asked Romney if he supported the Lily Ledbetter Act now, and whether he still supported the Blunt Act concerning contraception (which contradicts Romney's bullshit answer tonight).

Romney also escaped from clarfiying about self deportation.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
What? I don't remember Obama complaining about time much. That was one of Romney's main problems though. He came off as desperate by cutting off the moderator multiple times

I remember at least twice when Obama was like, "let's make sure we are keeping track of time." and so on, at that point, he had talked almost 60% of the time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Saw the rose garden moment with clear audio just now. Obama KNEW Romney was about to fire a jammed gun, and let the backfire happen.

"Please proceed".

You mean if you were Mitt? And took some of his ridiculous positions?

I been critical of both candidates weak debate skills but the VP and this were markedly better.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

I agree, I could have outdebated Obama on the premise that I could lie without prejudice. Romney kept setting Obama up and then couldn't make his points, even with his disposition to lie.

i'm going to LOL when gallup shows a romney bounce
Give it time.

ibuIX6unAXXBTB.jpg

Meh, that is an incredibly weak point against Romney. He doesn't say he commissioned the study, he said he asked and groups brought him the binders. This is Big Bird level stupidity from the left...

They should focus on the clear lies and non-existant plans...Makes me shake my head how they focus on the dumbest stuff because it has a ring to it.

Teehee

Aylinato

Binders full of women.

I really don't think you could have beaten BO in a debate. I do think your point on calling out Romney more was indeed good, but not necessary given how much of a pounding Obama gave Romney.

=D

your secret is safe with me

Man, you can't beat yourself.

dabig2

didn't watch the debate but...did Romney say he wanted to eliminate all capital gains tax? Someone said that to me but I didn't believe them as that issue should be popping up...everywhere nonstop.

pigeon

Banned
didn't watch the debate but...did Romney say he wanted to eliminate all capital gains tax? Someone said that to me but I didn't believe them as that issue should be popping up...everywhere nonstop.

He was sneaky. He said he wanted to eliminate capital gains tax for middle-class Americans. No word on eliminating it for the rich, although he did say he wouldn't cut taxes for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom