• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

Saw the rose garden moment with clear audio just now. Obama KNEW Romney was about to fire a jammed gun, and let the backfire happen.

"Please proceed".

the look back romney gives is almost like he knows something's wrong and figures it must be his imagination.

I wonder what the viewership looks like for this. Following on FB/Twitter, I see a shit lot more posts about the debate. Especially from my home(MIA). Kind of impressed honestly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That is what Twitter is saying.

Seems like Hannity said it and that's where it got started. The facts are she hasn't (that I know of) and that she was 100%, in-arguably correct. He literally used the exact phrase that Romney said he didn't.

I mean they just played the clip on MSNBC; she was right. Maybe she meant she was wrong to fact check him on the spot?

No on a lie that obvious it is exactly what she should have done as a responsible journalist.

giga

Right after Obama says, "is offensive" I love the quick look up from her papers that Crowley gives Romney. So amazing.
That part really was my favorite. You could see it in his eyes. Just staring him down about politicizing dead Americans.

dFNv+

Seems like Hannity said it and that's where it got started. The facts are she hasn't (that I know of) and that she was 100%, in-arguably correct. He literally used the exact phrase that Romney said he didn't.

I saw the Crowler interview. She said that she tried to say to Romney eh was right that the admin went on TV mentioning it as spontaneous (that isn't completely accurate either) but she did not say Obama didn't say what he said.

dabig2

for those with income under 200k/yr

He was sneaky. He said he wanted to eliminate capital gains tax for middle-class Americans. No word on eliminating it for the rich, although he did say he wouldn't cut taxes for them.

Much obliged. Figured he issued a caveat in there...as useless as that caveat is. How many from the middle class actually possess capital gains to receive a benefit from?

Saw the rose garden moment with clear audio just now. Obama KNEW Romney was about to fire a jammed gun, and let the backfire happen.

"Please proceed".

One of the most incredible moments in debate history. The feeling of control and superiority Obama gave off at that moment was incredible. Romney looked so shook up lol

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Much obliged. Figured he issued a caveat in there...as useless as that caveat is. How many from the middle class actually possess capital gains to receive a benefit from?

very, very few. And unless he is just being benevolent, the great majority of people who make capital gains are in the top 5% of earners. Even then, there has proven to be ZERO correlation between Capital Gains rates and the rate of investment and savings...

Plus, the 'you're a petty little prick' gaze Obama steers towards Romney.

One thing I noticed . . . not a lot of 'ummmmm's' from Obama tonight. He was spot on.

Yeah, noticed that too right from the start. The first 30 minutes Obama was in complete control with his speaking in all aspects. He loosened up a bit later and had some um's and could have made some points a bit more clearly but yeah. He did a great job getting across his message. His body language was also more focused. Romney was flailing his arms left and right and Obama had a more reserved body action with shorter/slower movements.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I saw the Crowler interview. She said that she tried to say to Romney eh was right that the admin went on TV mentioning it as spontaneous (that isn't completely accurate either) but she did not say Obama didn't say what he said.

But he wasn't right...or I am reading your post wrong. I dunno either way, if she meant to or not, she acted like a responsible journalist and I'll take that where I can find it.

Was Dream really Kosmo?

We'll never know.

markatisu

The Libya thing is cringe worthy, you can see Obama just letting Romney walk into it. Romney looked surprised like "why is he letting me talk" and then gets nailed

Tendo

Can you go in any detail? I'm just curious haha.

My favorite was "You biased liberal idiot. Go marry a tree."

I love my life.

My friends list shrank. Weird. Ya'll think it was a glitch?

Interesting - all my young/city living friends liked it, and those 35+ were enraged. To be expected I suppose.

I'm probably safe job wise just a stupid thing I shouldn't have done, but when you talk education I want to make darn sure people are informed. And well. That was the cork out of the bottle and I did the entire debate as far as I could.

tranciful

Heard a caller on cspan just after the debate say that he was both a student and a veteran, that he was from a red state and voting Romney. He said he resented being called part of the 47% and that he doesn't feel he's a victim.

I wanted to scream. THEN YOU AGREE WITH OBAMA. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. Obama was highlighting the fact that romney said that about PEOPLE LIKE YOU. He then went on to say he thinks people should have personal responsibility.

I just don't understand these fucking people it really infuriates me. They don't have any logic or reasoning skills WHY

WHY DON'T THEY HAVE ANY.

please someone explain it to me it makes my head want to burst.

Yeah people are dumb

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
OK I am in Mexico and they don't give a shit, I missed the whole thing, can I get a single sentence description of what actually happened and PD's version? I am even ok if they are one and the same.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
There was an old, very good Sega fan named Dreamcaster from way back when, I just assumed it was him. He posted on Blast City and Saturn Technical Pages with me, and then made the jump about the same time I did to here in 99. I think he changed his username somewhere along the way, but his original name was Dreamcaster. I was like, "This black Sonic fan (he had a Sonic license plate at one point) is a Republican?!?! What!?!!?"

8 undecideds in Ohio on MSNBC right now.

1 voting for Romney, 1 for Obama. 6 still don't know.

The one guy said after hearing the debate, Romney's 5 point plan sounds like it makes sense. LOL.

Edit: damn, beaten.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
This includes the richest people in the country you know...

They make no income. All their wealth and money comes from capital gains...

Oh, for fucks sake even I missed that obvious part.

So shameless, Rmoney.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
OK I am in Mexico and they don't give a shit, I missed the whole thing, can I get a single sentence description of what actually happened and PD's version? I am even ok if they are one and the same.

Obama and Romney gave mini-speeches hitting all their talking points in actual response to questions, but when they actually rebutted each other Obama brought his A-game and really brutalized Romney in several amazing moments

Obama did decent on his responses to questions, but Obama absolutely destroyed Romney on rebuttals. There are probably a half dozen amazing quotes from this debate.
He took advantage of opportunities that arose. He called out the bullshit without letting the lies linger. He went on the attack. He defended his record and laid out a vision for the future.

In short, he was fired up and ready to go.

His glare made Romney look small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom