• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Seriously, how does Romney beat Obama on foreign policy now?

He doesn't, he was never going to anyway. I've kept saying it, that midnight press conference of his killed all his credibility on the Libya issue. The second he tries to hit Obama with it Obama has an easy counter and now he has even more. Next week will be a bloodbath. It'll be worse than the creepshots thread.

Touchdown

Banned
8 undecideds in Ohio on MSNBC right now.

1 voting for Romney, 1 for Obama. 6 still don't know.

The one guy said after hearing the debate, Romney's 5 point plan sounds like it makes sense. LOL.

tumblr_mamlhwTHd31rntezlo1_400.gif

He doesn't, he was never going to anyway. I've kept saying it, that midnight press conference of his killed all his credibility on the Libya issue. The second he tries to hit Obama with it Obama has an easy counter and now he has even more. Next week will be a bloodbath. It'll be worse than the creepshots thread.

Wasn't the midnight press conference the 47% conference?

I think Libya was in the morning.

haha, Karl Rove saying it wasn't a good night for Obama.

he "won the point"on taxes but "lost the argument."

bwahaha.

Rove doesn't look very happy, though.

So, undecideds are mostly dumbasses, correct?

Yup.

hahaha, Rove saying Obama hit Romney by a 2x4 and people won't like it.

Magni

My favorite was "You biased liberal idiot. Go marry a tree."

I love my life.

My friends list shrank. Weird. Ya'll think it was a glitch?

Interesting - all my young/city living friends liked it, and those 35+ were enraged. To be expected I suppose.

I'm probably safe job wise just a stupid thing I shouldn't have done, but when you talk education I want to make darn sure people are informed. And well. That was the cork out of the bottle and I did the entire debate as far as I could.

Oh wow I can't imagine even that, but then my Facebook is friends from Seattle/France/NYC, so not the most batshit insane Republican crowd.

What was the fact check in question? It's so hard for me to get my mind wrapped around the fact that so many people hate facts in this country. As ol' Joe said last week, facts MATTER!

RDreamer

What the hell?

When asked about the equal pay and how Romney didn't answer the question the woman goes "Well maybe he'll answer next time?"

Tendo

That rose garden moment was beautiful. Dat smile. Dat reaction. That was the end of Mitt Romney's presidential run. That moment. And it was beautiful to watch it and call it out.

RDreamer

WHAT THE HELL!? Like three of them said they're still undecided because he didn't answer the question... they're waiting for an answer.

Doesn't it mean something to these idiots that he chose not to answer at all?

Hopefully, the polls get a nice solid and permanent bounce in Obama's favor so I can go back to not closely following this presidential race and just wait for my opportunity to vote. I don't handle stress well enough to keep track of daily polls and gaffes of the moment, anymore

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wasn't the midnight press conference the 47% conference?

I think Libya was in the morning.

No no, he had a midnight press conference for Libya first, then did a 47% one. Both blew up in his face.

EDIT: It was a midnight STATEMENT, that was basically the exact same thing he said in a press conference the next morning before Obama had been able to say anything. Either way it still ceded all of his credibility on the issue.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
At this point, undecided voters are:
1. Plants.
2. People that are never decisive about anything.
3. People that think they're knowledgeable, but don't have the facts.

So yeah, it's useless to listen to these people.

What matters now is enthusiasm and turnout.

I mean....bad news for Obama.

I remember at least twice when Obama was like, "let's make sure we are keeping track of time." and so on, at that point, he had talked almost 60% of the time.

Well let's be fair, Romney had more than enough time but when he spoke, he wasn't saying much.. The keyword Romney should be answering is how.

haha Rove said "a so-so performance by the president, well a good performance I don't want to take anything away from him, but..."

Keep that bubble going.

Seriously, how does Romney beat Obama on foreign policy now?

This is the the big story for me coming out of the debate. He'll have low expectations for the debate, which may help him, but in general this was not going to be an election about foreign policy and the Romney campaign has only approached it on an opportunistic basis. Obama, on the other hand, is surrounded by FP masters including the woman who I eagerly voted for in the '08 primaries.

I think he's going to be out of his league and when he's out of his league he really loses his "command presence" on the stage which we saw tonight during that Libya exchange.

Forever

Banned
Fuck the panic meter, at least if we lose now (which I don't believe will happen) we lose with dignity. Obama annihilated Romney out there.

The American people saw it. Now they have to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom