• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, if not for the House being more of a bloodbath than expected, ClovingWestbrook would've been all kinds of prophet
Not bad.

Pretty much everyone lowballed the House, even Nate's model was off by about 10 seats (but it was within the margin of error). The problem with House predictions is you have 435 elections to worry about, and a lot of them are decided by a hair.

Ohio:
Perhaps more important, another poll released this week from Public Policy Polling portends a tough slog for Fisher and Democrats in general. The PPP survey shows that by a 50 to 42 vote margin voters say they'd rather have George W. Bush in the White House right now than President Obama.
Sept 1 2010. What a difference couple of years makes.

Though he loses hella points for thinking Carly Fiorina would be any threat to Boxer lol.

I can't remember if that race had a billion ads but I'll let that one slide for him anyway

Also I had no idea that I had the most posts in this thread.

Someday I'll actually be awake and not in the middle of something career-changing when a new OT starts

(and by "someday" I mean "after this goddamn semester is over")

Loudninja

Wow

This is from the Romney speech that he is going to give today.
The speech links the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi last month to al-Qaida, a position Romney has rarely engaged in on the campaign trail. Romney calls the attack "likely the work of the same forces that attacked our homeland on September 11th, 2001," and "the deliberate work of terrorists." The attack was not, he says, a spontaneous response to a movie trailer maligning the Muslim Prophet Mohammad, as the Obama administration initially said.

Romney’s remarks also attempt to stake out a more activist public position than President Obama on supporting the rebels in Syria's civil war. Romney plans to say that he believes in working with partner nations to arm rebels fighting the government of Syrian President Bashir al-Assad.

He would equip the rebels – “who share our values” -- with heavy weapons to take out "tanks, helicopters and fighter jets," according to the remarks. The Obama administration has refrained from doing so out of concern that the weapons would end up in terrorist hands, according to The New York Times.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...age-military-spending-syria-intervention?lite

Trakdown

When and where is he delivering this speech?

At the Virginia Military Institute, tomorrow.

Also, some of the Obama camp responds:

"Mainstream foreign policy isn't what Mitt Romney is putting forward: having plans to start wars but not end them; wanting to keep 30,000 U.S. troops in Iraq indefinitely; exploding our defense spending to levels the Pentagon has not asked for, with no way to pay for it; insulting our allies and partners around the world on the campaign trail; and calling Russia our number-one geopolitical foe," Obama campaign spokesperson Lis Smith said in a statement Sunday. "If that's where Mitt Romney thinks the mainstream is, he needs to find a better compass."

Aboard Air Force One Sunday, Jen Psaki, the Obama campaign's traveling press secretary, was more cutting when asked her views on the speech.

"We're not going to be lectured by someone who has been an unmitigated disaster on foreign policy every time he's dipped his toe in the foreign policy waters," Psaki told reporters. "The only person who has offended Europe more is probably Chevy Chase."

"We're not going to be lectured by someone who has been an unmitigated disaster on foreign policy every time he's dipped his toe in the foreign policy waters," Psaki told reporters. "The only person who has offended Europe more is probably Chevy Chase."
lol

pigeon

Banned
The non-bolded part is more interesting.

Forget starting another war. It's incredible to me that anybody could even consider talking about Al-Qaeda in the same speech as suggesting we give arms and support to Islamic rebels in a constant battleground area for realpolitik reasons. Do they not look at the separate paragraphs next to one another? I mean, I'm not wrong, this is a terrible, terrible plan, right?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Forget starting another war. It's incredible to me that anybody could even consider talking about Al-Qaeda in the same speech as suggesting we give arms and support to Islamic rebels in a constant battleground area for realpolitik reasons. Do they not look at the separate paragraphs next to one another? I mean, I'm not wrong, this is a terrible, terrible plan, right?

I don't know, it worked out pretty well when they did it in the 80's right? Nothing bad happened after that!

Aboard Air Force One Sunday, Jen Psaki, the Obama campaign's traveling press secretary, was more cutting when asked her views on the speech.

I'm trying to decide which is the better reaction image for that between this and this.

208716d1339272807-sex-furniture-furniture-sex-iceburn.gif

Yeah, the Romney camp is looking a bit stupid here. They talk about AQ in Libya but talk about supporting the Syria rebels? The Syrian rebels have A LOT of Islamists. Of course, this is a pretty nuanced point that will fly over the heads of most people but the Romney foreign policy team really suck.

Of course a certain president could bring this up at a debate if a regrows a pair.

Diablos

Hmm, seems like Mitt's team is going back to desperation, realizing the debate bounce was short-lived.

Must have been lots of melting down when the new UE data came out.

Hmm, seems like Mitt's team is going back to desperation, realizing the debate bounce was short-lived.

"What's that? You mean the economy is getting better and people are finding jobs more easily?"

"NOOOOOOO"

Zabka

"What's that? You mean the economy is getting better and people are finding jobs more easily?"

"NOOOOOOO"

They must be glad they still have the Benghazi thing. I'll never forget the ghoulish smile on his face after delivering that bullshit statement on it.

Clevinger

You know, it's too bad Kosmo's gone. The first thing he could truly gloat about in this election, and he's permabanned right before it.

Trakdown

I'm yearning to see republican reactions after obama is reelected tbh. I will stay glued to fox news.

I was laughing my ass off at Fox News in 08. Karl Rove was talking about how McCain still had a chance if he picked Ohio. Brit Hume then broke the news that Ohio was called for Obama in the tone of voice usually reserved for when ER Nurses tell the family "We're sorry, we tried everything we could, but..."

I'll never get to punch Karl Rove in the gut, but I think that was more or less the reaction he'd give if I did.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know, it's too bad Kosmo's gone. The first thing he could truly gloat about in this election, and he's permabanned right before it.

It wouldn't have lasted long, the unemployment rate would have drove him insane. Actually I would have liked to see that.

nib95

Banned

What got him perma'd in the end? In any case, I agree. Either way, looking forward to the next round of debates!

I was laughing my ass off at Fox News in 08. Karl Rove was talking about how McCain still had a chance if he picked Ohio. Brit Hume then broke the news that Ohio was called for Obama in the tone of voice usually reserved for when ER Nurses tell the family "We're sorry, we tried everything we could, but..."

I'll never get to punch Karl Rove in the gut, but I think that was more or less the reaction he'd give if I did.

I wish I could've punched him in the gut during that stupid "debate" he had with Carville on the OSU campus a couple weeks ago. Seeing Romney lie and lie again for 90 minutes on TV was bad enough, but when I'm actually there in person...

(I'd also punch Carville for being weak as shit in all of his answers.)

Pretty sure Rove knew Obama was going to win the day of the 2008 election; the question was by how much.

I wonder what this election will look like in late October. Toss up or clear win for Obama/Romney

I need Obama to eviscerate Romney in the FP debate

No Holds Barred. If he ends up stepping into the ring like the 1st debate's do no harm approach it will be bad for Obama.

This speech was planned way before the debates, IIRC. It's an attempt by him to make his case further in foreign policy before foreign policy related questions inevitably come up in Townhall and the 3rd debate.

That Al Qaida thing is something the administration is slightly vulnerable on, because no matter how many Number 2's we've killed, they were still able to mount an attack and kill 4 diplomats. Obama's strategy should be to turn the tables around and remind people of Romney's disastrous stunt on the eve of the embassy attacks while at the same time reassuring people about the dangers of terrorism and it's very real impact.

Ah yes. I remember when Karl had "THE math".

I need Obama to eviscerate Romney in the FP debate

No Holds Barred. If he ends up stepping into the ring like the 1st debate's do no harm approach it will be bad for Obama.

What did I tell you?

Axelrod said Obama is "looking at tape and there will be adjustments" in Game(s) 2 and 3.

He's locked in now.

Barry might drop 50 on Mitt in the FP debate.

Obama in 3.

Jackson50

Pretty sure Rove knew Obama was going to win the day of the 2008 election; the question was by how much.

I wonder what this election will look like in late October. Toss up or clear win for Obama/Romney
Process of elimination. I can assure the bolded will not happen. Let's start from there.
Wow

This is from the Romney speech that he is going to give today.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...age-military-spending-syria-intervention?lite
Not that the Romney campaign seeks logical consistency, but to reference Libya while pledging to supply armaments to the Syrian insurgency is absurd. One of the more pernicious consequences of the Libyan revolution has been the mass proliferation of armaments across N. Africa. The attendant regional instability permits terrorist networks, such as the faction responsible for the attack in Benghazi, to flourish. Yet his strategy is to interject more weapons into perhaps the most volatile region on the planet? That's precisely why the Obama Administration has been reluctant to provide more than technical equipment. He should ignore foreign policy. It never works for him.

Diablos

Process of elimination. I can assure the bolded will not happen. Let's start from there.Not that the Romney campaign seeks logical consistency, but to reference Libya while pledging to supply armaments to the Syrian insurgency is absurd. One of the more pernicious consequences of the Libyan revolution has been the mass proliferation of armaments across N. Africa. The attendant regional instability permits terrorist networks, such as the faction responsible for the attack in Benghazi, to flourish. Yet his strategy is to interject more weapons into perhaps the most volatile region on the planet? That's precisely why the Obama Administration has been reluctant to provide more than technical equipment. He should ignore foreign policy. It never works for him.
Dude, Jackson is working for the Obama campaign, I swear. It's like he's reading off Axelrod's text messages or some shit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom