• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I had to go to the store and I put on some radio for shits and giggles.

Some right wing radio host went on a 10 minute rant that some liberal said Romney acted like a douche.

This is all he had to say about the debate. To whine about a liberal saying Romney acted like a douche.

Those salty tears will be oh so delicious.

BTW, I had to go to the store and I put on some radio for shits and giggles.

Some right wing radio host went on a 10 minute rant that some liberal said Romney acted like a douche.

This is all he had to say about the debate. To whine about a liberal saying Romney acted like a douche.

Those salty tears will be oh so delicious.

My facebook page will feed me election day as my brain collapses from the amount of tests I have near then

You could tell from the early moments that Obama was going in raw on Mitt.

Although, I bet Fox was cheering when Mitt attempted to bully Obama during that one exchange when he told the President he was talking or whatever it was.

pigeon

Banned
The questions have never stopped either side from getting their point across.

The Libya moment should demonstrate to you exactly how good Romney's foreign policy advisers are at coming up with points. I have to admit, I was nervous that Romney would execute a foreign policy pivot because of his excellent pirouetting in the first debate, but it seems clear to me now that he genuinely has no clue on foreign policy and nobody who can provide him with one. Obama's no Biden on foreign policy (though nobody is), but he's got his own brand of gravitas, as tonight should make clear, and nobody can argue he isn't willing to make tough decisions when it comes to matters of state. The more Romney talks about foreign policy, the more likely he is to say something wildly out of keeping with reality but right in line with Fox News -- as he did tonight.

The Libya moment should demonstrate to you exactly how good Romney's foreign policy advisers are at coming up with points. I have to admit, I was nervous that Romney would execute a foreign policy pivot because of his excellent pirouetting in the first debate, but it seems clear to me now that he genuinely has no clue on foreign policy and nobody who can provide him with one. Obama's no Biden on foreign policy (though nobody is), but he's got his own brand of gravitas, as tonight should make clear, and nobody can argue he isn't willing to make tough decisions when it comes to matters of state. The more Romney talks about foreign policy, the more likely he is to say something wildly out of keeping with reality but right in line with Fox News -- as he did tonight.

You mean on foreign policy debate cuz Obama has basically gone against Biden in foreign policy to great success.

kingkitty

Obama must've had a four leaf clover in his pocket or something, because it's mind boggling how Romney screwed up that Libya discussion. it was hanging fruit, a foot from the ground just begging for Romney to take it home and chow down on it's fruity goodness...

...and yet Romney wanted to be nitpicky willard and waste his time on Obama's wording. yeesh!

edit:
I still can't quite figure out where the 'scandal' is. I guess they did not give a completely consistent message? So?

that's the sticking point. That was some bad pr that makes it easy for critics to tie that to some crazy political cover up or gross incompetence. Obama can brush those accusations off, but he doesn't have a great retort to the lateness and inconsistency of his administration over who was responsible for what. In a nitpicky world with a nitpicky electorate and media, where there's secret videos of each candidate dug up every other week, debate gaffes replayed over and over, and how angry or tired someone looks, a clear voice in who did what to whom and where and whatnot is important.

Angry Fork

I'm surprised they haven't tried to say that Obama is 'weak' on China because of close ties/association with their communist party and that he wants to do the same to America and so on. Maybe that's too much glenn beck for Romney to grab.

I wish Cuban embargo question would come up although I know there's no reason for it it would be nice to see Obama's reaction. And obviously the drug war/prisoner treatment, it's shameful this isn't a pressing topic, I wish a black guy (or minority in general) would call Obama out on how it's racist and why Obama isn't doing anything to stop it.

thekad

Banned
Romney can't mention Libya without looking even dumber and more petty. He'll probably throw in a potshot and move on instead of directly challenging the President again.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You could tell from the early moments that Obama was going in raw on Mitt.

Although, I bet Fox was cheering when Mitt attempted to bully Obama during that one exchange when he told the President he was talking or whatever it was.

The one best thing about PoliGAF is that at least one time a day, I can read a post where Fox News has literally been given a personality and human-like qualities. It cracks me up thinking of Fox News as a living breathing person instead of a "news" channel.

He probably means in terms of experience and accumulated knowledge, not judgment.

Fair enough and to that end I agree.

Obama must've had a four leaf clover in his pocket or something, because it's mind boggling how Romney screwed up that Libya discussion.

it was hanging fruit, a foot from the ground just begging for Romney to take it home and chow down on it's fruity goodness...

...and yet Romney wanted to be nitpicky willard and waste his time on Obama's wording. yeesh!

He really did bungle that. Thing is, if he never pushed that Obama said "act of terror" at all and went to his talking points, he had a real chance to make headway. But he tripped on himself and got caught. And I think he was a bit flustered when Obama said how offensive Romney's allegations were which led to it.

Romney looked anything but Presidential in those moments.

Romney can't mention Libya without looking even dumber and more petty. He'll probably throw in a potshot and move on instead of directly challenging the President again.

You have met the Republican Party, right?

My wife and I both said holy shit during that Libya exchange. I have never seen Obama that stern and serious. He looked absolutely, genuinely disgusted by Romney. Powerful moment. He had a look similar to the one in the war room picture during the bin laden raid.

My wife and I both said holy shit during that Libya exchange. I have never seen Obama that stern and serious. He looked absolutely, genuinely disgusted by Romney. Powerful moment. He had a look similar to the one in the war room picture during the bin laden raid.

I had chills. I stood up and clapped.

You know that exchange will probably be the one that gets put down in history. I literally jumped out of my seat when he said get the transcript and please continue. Romney's stuttering afterwords made it all the more great

pigeon

Banned
You mean on foreign policy debate cuz Obama has basically gone against Biden in foreign policy to great success.

Okay, fair enough. I just meant that Biden has more experience in foreign policy than all the other men in the election, combined, times ten or so. Biden's attitude in his debate was just to make it clear, with much exasperation, how comparatively green Ryan was and how little he really understood about how diplomacy works. Obama doesn't have the long record of Biden or Kerry to use to make that argument, but he has a particular seriousness when talking about foreign policy that plays well, I think, as when he took responsibility for the deaths in Libya. He'll just have to speak more in sorrow than in anger rather than Biden's complete irritation that he was talking to such a small child about Afghanistan.

edit: Forever is right about what I meant, and Big Baybee is describing exactly what I'm talking about.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Reading this thread also gives me perspective on everyone in here.

To read posts of people literally jumping out of their seats, clapping wildly, live fact checking (I am sure only one side was getting fact-checked), sweating bullets, having to excuse themselves from watching out of heightened blood pressure/nerves, etc.

It is just hilarious to read. I guess being an independent conservative just makes you jaded and wish that 3rd parties could get invited to the party...

East Lake

Yeah he killed it there. I'm still laughing at how bad Romney botched that exchange.

Clevinger

The one best thing about PoliGAF is that at least one time a day, I can read a post where Fox News has literally been given a personality and human-like qualities. It cracks me up thinking of Fox News as a living breathing person instead of a "news" channel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox News is basically just whatever crazy bullshit Ailes wants to push that day

It is just hilarious to read. I guess being an independent conservative just makes you jaded and wish that 3rd parties could get invited to the party...

You don't think many of in here wouldn't like a 3rd party candidate as well? But when it comes down to Obama vs Romney, I'll be jumping for joy any time it makes it harder for Romney to win.

You guys will like reading this

http://fresnobeehive.com/archives/498#more-498

Local paper reports on a radio station dropping right wing radio.

Reporter blogs about how the right wings crazies reacted....to him.

I am sure you will be bombarded with letters such as mine from people who are informed of what the real reason is for this decision. GEORGE SOROS and Multi-Media plus the evil leader of this country have wanted to get Conservative Talk Radio Hosts off the air so only the evil leader of this country will have the only voice…like Nazi Germany having Hitler being the only voice. I am ashamed of you, the owners and management of this radio station that you would acquiesce to this kind of dictatorship.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You don't think many of in here wouldn't like a 3rd party candidate as well? But when it comes down to Obama vs Romney, I'll be jumping for joy any time it makes it harder for Romney to win.

This has been a forgone conclusion for the last year. The fact that people are still willingly donating money to OFA blows my mind. I personally promise that if someone donates that money to ABFA (AlteredBeast for America) I will spend it on a much more worthy cause than what will surely be Obama's victory bottles of Cristal, or whatever Jay-Z is shilling these days.

You are throwing money down a well and the bucket has been cut from the line. You aren't getting that back and you aren't helping anybody. If you were serious about helping the "Hope and Change Reunion Tour 2012", you would donate to close campaigns in battleground states, or senate/house races that are currently toss-ups. You are literally throwing your money away at this point if you are donating it to OFA.

The best moment of the night for me. Absolutely chilling. Obama was staring right into the area Romney's soul should be and spat at him for how "offensive" he found Romney's response. It was a perfect distillation of someone who knows what it is to be President telling someone who really wants it (but will never get it) that they have no idea and how dare they.

This has been a forgone conclusion for the last year. The fact that people are still willingly donating money to OFA blows my mind. I personally promise that if someone donates that money to ABFA (AlteredBeast for America) I will spend it on a much more worthy cause than what will surely be Obama's victory bottles of Cristal, or whatever Jay-Z is shilling these days.

You are throwing money down a well and the bucket has been cut from the line. You aren't getting that back and you aren't helping anybody. If you were serious about helping the "Hope and Change Reunion Tour 2012", you would donate to close campaigns in battleground states, or senate/house races that are currently toss-ups. You are literally throwing your money away at this point if you are donating it to OFA.

Well I haven't donated to OFA, but this logic doesn't really work because if everyone followed it Obama's capital and ability to run such a good campaign with all the ads would definitely be limited as a large chunk of his money has come from donations less than 100 bucks. Of course doing it now really doesn't make that much of a difference, but to many people it brings them hope that even with Citizens United and the Koch Brothers billions they can still make a difference. Is it sad state that our 2 party system makes many people have to vote for someone they don't necessarily think is the best person for the job? Yes, but I don't think it's "worthless" at all to feel like your a part of something bigger. Now that doesn't mean you should ignore local elections

Wall

This is probably a dumb question, but: Was the Libya moment literally the worst moment for a presidential canidiate ever in a televised debate?

I'm not talking overall debate performance, just moment. Romney really looked like he came genuinely undone in that segment. He was literally booed (well, the audience cheered when the moderator corrected him). Has that ever happened before?

jiggle

The best moment of the night for me. Absolutely chilling. Obama was staring right into the area Romney's soul should be and spat at him for how "offensive" he found Romney's response. It was a perfect distillation of someone who knows what it is to be President telling someone who really wants it (but will never get it) that they have no idea and how dare they.

it's like the parks and rec debate
minus paul rudd's charm

Well, I'm going to bed. Nice to see the hopium flowing for a while, but I look forward to our daily ritual of bridge jumping once I return in the morning.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
AlteredBeast calls the election for Obama.

Wrap it up guys.

Old news is old. I called this thing months ago. Romney's Electoral College math adds up worse than his revenue-neutral tax cut plan.

Anyone who thinks otherwise at this point is either deluding themselves or has been tricked by the same media we are constantly railing against into believing this is a tight race.

Clevinger

I'm surprised you can see the rest of the thread from your fucking high horse

it's like the parks and rec debate
minus paul rudd's charm
image.php

Yep, Knope.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Old news is old. I called this thing months ago. Romney's Electoral College math adds up worse than his revenue-neutral tax cut plan.

Anyone who thinks otherwise at this point is either deluding themselves or has been tricked by the same media we are constantly railing against into believing this is a tight race.
Your line of thinking is the same that says Y2K was a non-issue. It was only so because a lot of people worked their ass off to ensure that it wasn't.

His electoral math is terrible, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have been worried about 2 disastrous debates leading into the election with the possibility of it coming down to some bullshit recount.

It was only so because a lot of people worked their ass off to ensure that it wasn't.

Exactly.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'm surprised you can see the rest of the thread from your fucking high horse

I let logic guide my life and principles. Donating money to Obama will do nothing at this point. Everyone donating 6 months ago when he was tearing down Romney's Bain Capital ties and all the character assassination was money well donated/spent. Now, you are literally paying for the victory fund. There are kids in Africa who need malaria nets, you know. Cyan can provide you with a very legitimate link.

Clevinger

I let logic guide my life and principles. Donating money to Obama will do nothing at this point. Everyone donating 6 months ago when he was tearing down Romney's Bain Capital ties and all the character assassination was money well donated/spent. Now, you are literally paying for the victory fund.

Obama was far ahead 6 months ago, and the race is tightened right now. Your logic is rubbish.

There are kids in Africa who need malaria nets, you know. Cyan can provide you with a very legitimate link.

I hope you mention this every time someone spends money on things other than charity.

Meh. It is never over until it is over.

There is always a chance of surprise event to change things. Even now.

pigeon

Banned
This is probably a dumb question, but: Was the Libya moment literally the worst moment for a presidential canidiate ever in a televised debate?

I'm not talking overall debate performance, just moment. Romney really looked like he came genuinely undone in that segment. He was literally booed (well, the audience cheered when the moderator corrected him). Has that ever happened before?

I don't know about the worst moment ever, but I look forward to seeing it in the rundown of "terrible debate moments" that they show in preparation for every debate. It's top five, probably.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Your line of thinking is the same that says Y2K was a non-issue. It was only so because a lot of people worked their ass off to ensure that it wasn't.

Today is January 1st, 2000, then. The worry from last year and very, very, very seldom moments of this year are long gone and you won't find a sane analyst with an election map that doesn't show Obama winning the EV count by an easy margin.

Your money won't prevent Obama from being caught with that white girl next week, for example. That is the only way he loses this thing, and even then, thanks to early voting, he would still win 20+ states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom