• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'm sorry but transvaginal ultrasounds, are neither 2000's nor 1950's; nay, it is futuristic bullshit from the farthest reaches of the galaxy.

Good thing it would never be used by a Romney presidency. You really believe a president is going to push for transvaginal ultrasounds? Think that one through.

Diablos

If they lost women, they would lose the election. Romney has men on lockdown and that won't let up with lefty McGee and the limp wrist jump shot.

Full Disclosure: I am left handed, and even I realize that left-handed people look goofy as all hell doing 90% of normal life activities.
you lost me

codhand

Good thing it would never be used by a Romney presidency. You really believe a president is going to push for transvaginal ultrasounds? Think that one through.

I think the one thing we've learned from the debates, is that we haven't a clue what a Romney presidency would entail. Transvag ultrasounds already exist in Virginia, if Roe V Wade were overturned via Supreme court nominations, it is very likely that bullshit like TVU will happen in more states.

I did think it through, thus my conclusion is that a Romney presidency would be bad for women's reproductive rights.

Loudninja

His analysis was always p. bad but people propped him up in 07/08 because he was the only one to understand delegate counts in the primaries.

He said yesterday women voters were probably turned off during the debate because of "two alpha dogs" circling each other in the debate

Downgraded from Chuck God to Chuck Todd
All he does now is say stupid crap!

I was looking though the old 2008 topic,that is why I asked. :)

Edit:Time to update this gif as well.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13501377&postcount=9509

markatisu

Btw what happen to Chuck Todd?He is complete utter garbage now.

This morning he was eye rolling, saying that even if Romney lost OH he still would be able to run the table and it would come down a 2000 style finish

I know he has to help drive a narrative but damn there are certain situations where miracles would need to happen first

HylianTom

Banned
Chuck Todd used to be much more honest about the candidates' electoral map positions. Now, it seems like he kowtows to the network's desire to portray the race as "close," no matter what the numbers show.

For this, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Loudninja

This morning he was eye rolling, saying that even if Romney lost OH he still would be able to run the table and it would come down a 2000 style finish

I know he has to help drive a narrative but damn there are certain situations where miracles would need to happen first
Every day he say something stupid about the race.

Romney without Ohio is devastating.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I'm not really seeing it as a miracle though...Obama losing Wisconsin would make it a lot different, no?

A trip down memory lane:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340904

This was the election day topic in 2008.

this just reminded me this image existed

evometer.gif

LET'S GET AN UPDATE

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
My dad's always going on about how left-handers are more likely to be geniuses etc etc.

Guess which hand he favors? :p

lols

My family is a bit of an anomaly. There are 10 kids in my family (yeah, yeah, jokes incoming) and with my 2 parents included, there are 6 of us left-handed.

Kevitivity

I'm glad BO decided to show up last night. He was def much more aggressive. However he was not as positive and friendly as Romney which I think will hurt him. Sure, the partisans are excited at his performance, but they aren't the ones who count.

I'm not surprised at all that Both the FOX and MSNBC undecided panel swung to for Romney.

To really turn things around, BO had to really knock it out of the park last night and *decimate* Romney, which didn't happen. Most are calling it a draw, even with the moderator giving a helping hand to BO. I believe Romney came across better to undecided voters.

SmokeMaxX

What in the absolute fuck
Yeah, that's a red flag right there. Poll is not serious. For Romney to cut down female advantage by 20 points, Obama needs to get caught having an affair or slapping a female staffers' butt.

Don't be so quick to judge it as nonsense. Remember Ryan just had a photoshoot and I'd imagine at the very least low-information voters would be willing to vote for one of their own. I don't think it's a vote for Romney, I think it's a vote for Ryan.

TiVo

Chuck Todd used to be much more honest about the candidates' electoral map positions. Now, it seems like he kowtows to the network's desire to portray the race as "close," no matter what the numbers show.

For this, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Not just Chuck.

I could understand not spiking the ball or counting chickens before they hatch when it comes to Obama's guaranteed win but everyone on MSNBC just switched up after the first debate and turned into bizarro versions of themselves.

Mika and Al Sharpton are the only ones telling it like it is.

I going to stop watching MSNBC.
More KTALK & IHEARTRADIO and search for the keyword progressive and everyone on that station tells it like it is.
Thanks to the person on here that hipped me to that station.

I'm glad BO decided to show up last night. He was def much more aggressive. However he was not as positive and friendly as Romney which I think will hurt him. Sure, the partisans are excited at his performance, but they aren't the ones who count.

I'm not surprised at all that Both the FOX and MSNBC undecided panel swung to for Romney.

To really turn things around, BO had to really knock it out of the park last night and *decimate* Romney, which didn't happen. Most are calling it a draw, even with the moderator giving a helping hand to BO. I believe Romney came across better to undecided voters.

sSlKi.gif

codhand

Decided to show up?
Not friendly?
Draw?
Moderator help?

Paches

That is why every snap poll went to Obama's favor?

pigeon

Banned
I'm not really seeing it as a miracle though...Obama losing Wisconsin would make it a lot different, no?

Nah. Uncontested states + Ohio + Michigan is still 255. Any combination of two swing states except IA+NV or NH+(IA, NV, CO) will still win. Romney still has to pretty much run the table.

gcubed

you would have to think that losing Wisconsin is a distinct possibility. I guess its a better possibility then losing Ohio, but its not that high

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nah. Uncontested states + Ohio + Michigan is still 255. Any combination of two swing states except IA+NV or NH+(IA, NV, CO) will still win. Romney still has to pretty much run the table.
Ok I feel better now

But what if he loses MICHIGAN?

I guess if he loses Wisconsin he's probably lost Ohio and we have bigger issues...

How do you mean? Partisans don't usually switch parties week to week.

Then it's a good thing the polling bounces aren't based on that, but instead are based on LV screens that could leave out some of those partisans depending on how enthusiastic they are to vote.

Kind of like what just happened with that first debate and kind of like what was happening throughout September.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Sour grapes. Obama went over his "2 minutes" several times. He interrupted Romney multiple times.

If they can't ask each other questions, it isn't a debate. It is a talking point spewing contest.
Sour grapes wasn't the point of Hayes comment, at all. And he fully acknowledged that Obama ignored the rules in the full context of his statement.

gcubed

Its true. If they are going to put limits on time, I would prefer to nail them to 30 second answers. Nobody answers questions anymore, not Romney and not Obama. Make them answer by way of a severe time limit policy. Then, if a true answer is not given, the moderator should moderate and say, "You didn't answer the question, you have another 15 seconds, we trust you will answer the question this time." Then, if they don't answer again, a simple "Let the record show that the candidate dodged the question."

You want accountability and veridiction? Make the candidates answer and then MODERATE if they don't.

meh, the moderators just need a dump button. Shut the mic off

have to admit i'm a little concerned that obama's debate performance hasn't swayed voters. in fact, according to gallup and others it looks as though it has had the opposite effect. this doesn't augur well for obama's hopes on election day.

markatisu

Well first Obama is not going to lose WI, but if he does then he just needs to replace it with NV or NH to make it to 270+

Romney's path to victory without OH is ridiculous, he would have to win WI,NH,VA,FL,and CO just to get to 271

FL is the only one on that list right now I would give him, I still think CO will go blue as will VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom