• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Tagg Romney went on some radio show to say he wanted to punch Obama in the face during the debates.

At least it will be pretty straightforward for the Secret Service to detain him.

bv88l7v

Link

The Autumn Wind
A deal's a deal. Here's a down payment of 72 male virgins. I'll work on getting the rest to you soon.

You get nothing. NOTHING!

In regards to the actual audio, it's actually a lot more light and jokingly than I was picturing in my head. Nothing to really get concerned over, in my opinion.

leroidys

I think the issue is that you seem to be assigning gaffes with more power to affect things than Romney's actual vile comments.

That's how our media works. It took secret tape of Romney explicitly talking about how he doesn't give a shit about 47% of the country to finally tank his support after 4 years of touting policies that would be bad for that 47%.

I'm not defending that his views of women are good. His parties policies towards women are abhorrent. I was merely talking in the abstract about how I thought he had an adequate debate performance overall. I'm not grading his policies or personal beliefs. Jesus fuck you guys.

pigeon

Banned
Ehh borderline. Saying something false isn't properly a gaffe. You guys are really stretching the meaning to encompass any bad moment.

What would you call it? I think that, on the merits, the Libya moment was pretty bad optics -- the reality is that we want a President who can represent America, and while Romney is white, he looked like an overbearing entitled jerk in that moment -- one the audience applauds to see fail. It could have been a scene from the most unbelievably boring Bill Murray comedy ever.

What would you call it? I think that, on the merits, the Libya moment was pretty bad optics -- the reality is that we want a President who can represent America, and while Romney is white, he looked like an overbearing entitled jerk in that moment -- one the audience applauds to see fail. It could have been a scene from the most unbelievably boring Bill Murray comedy ever.

Supposedly when mitt interrupted Obama earlier the crowd gasped. Not audible for us but reporters claimed it.

codhand

Crowd sizes aren't really a good way to gauge much of anything.

I agree, but at the same time if Romney were consistently pulling Obama 2012 crowds--let alone Palin 08 crowds--the odds would favor him right now. He only recently and as the race tightened stepped his crowd game up.

The binders thing is a meme I've been seeing all over facebook, just like big bird. I didn't think it was that outrageous though watching it. Maybe it was because I saw all the posts before I actually watched the debate, so I was prepped for it?

He floundered on Libya, sure. There's a difference between looking bad on a topic and a "gaffe" though. A gaffe would be the 47% remark or his consulate attack press conference.
Gaffes as well as a "bad moment" can undo your dreams. Think back to Clinton's "I feel your Pain" line at the townhall. HW certainly did not make a gaffe. He just had a shitty answer. Similarly Romney did not commit a gaffe, but tripped over himself. Like neogaf likes to say, it's bad optics.

President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney by 3 in Ohio in a poll from SurveyUSA.

The automated poll, conducted Oct. 12-15 on behalf of Columbus-based NBC affilaite WCMH-TV, shows Obama leading Romney among likely Buckeye State voters, 45 percent to 42 percent. Nine percent said they remain undecided. Obama's lead over Romney swells among Ohio voters who have already cast their ballots, 57 percent to 38 percent.

Obama led by only a point in SurveyUSA's previous poll of Ohio, conducted the first weekend of October. The PollTracker Average shows the president with a tiny lead there
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-obama-leads-by-3-in-ohio-holds

Averon

The most important number in that SUSA poll is that Obama and Romney are tie among LVs who have not voted yet. Given Obama's massive early vote advantage, going into election day tied virtually guarantees a Romney loss.

pigeon

Banned
A nice tidbit from the Post about everybody's favorite college professor:

wapo said:
Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren, the Democratic challenger to Sen. Scott Brown (R), had one of the biggest fundraising quarters on record, raising $12.1 million from June to September. Warren’s sum, surpassed by only a handful of candidates in history, is considerably more than the $7.5 million raised by Brown.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...feb1fa-1884-11e2-a55c-39408fbe6a4b_story.html

Also, Romney raised most of his money last quarter from one specific orthopedic clinic in Philadelphia. They must be pissed he's not even contesting the state. But maybe that's why Ann was there.

What's this strange reverse trolling going on by PD
PD openly expressed his concerns that Obama didn't had it in him especially in debates. Too many pauses, uhhhs, uhhms, long winded answers and inability to think on his feet.

Obama destroyed all of those misconceptions yesterday, and gave a witty knee jerk response to that ridiculous Pension interrogation by Romney, which made the audience chuckle. I think Obama is finally redeemed in PD's eyes.

Forever

Banned
Is that the same Romney son who called Obama an obstinate child?

You know, I don't recall loathing McCain and Palin as much as I do the Romneys.

The truth is I can't be negative today. Obama came to play and won the debate. If he had done two weeks ago the election would pretty much be over.

Cheebo

Banned
The truth is I can't be negative today. Obama came to play and won the debate. If he had done two weeks ago the election would pretty much be over.

That's what hurts. He did so damn good last night. We'd probably going nuts over AZ polls right now if he showed up two weeks ago. Better now then never though.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Is that the same Romney son who called Obama an obstinate child?

You know, I don't recall loathing McCain and Palin as much as I do the Romneys.
I was pretty apathetic about McCain, but I couldn't stand Palin at all. Romney's a flip-flopping liar, but that's pretty standard with politicians. At least he seems informed. Palin didn't seem to know jack shit about politics. I have no idea how anyone could take her seriously after that interview with Katie Couric.

And now she and her equally stupid family just won't go away.

Forever

Banned
I was pretty apathetic about McCain, but I couldn't stand Palin at all. Romney's a flip-flopping liar, but that's pretty standard with politicians. At least he seems informed. Palin didn't seem to know jack shit about politics. I have no idea how anyone could take her seriously after that interview with Katie Couric.

And now she and her equaly stupid family just won't go away.

Palin was just stupid and obviously far out of her depth, on one level I even pitied her after the election when she was no longer a threat.

There will be no pity for the Romneys. All of my hate.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Palin was just stupid and obviously far out of her depth, on one level I even pitied her after the election when she was no longer a threat.

There will be no pity for the Romneys. All of my hate.
See, I disagree with the "no longer a threat" part. She did a lot to energize the Tea Party movement in 2010, and we're still dealing with those repercussions.

And now she and her equally stupid family just won't go away.

I was gonna ask how she was able to win the governorship but then I remember that this is the state where a town voted a cat in as mayor (those were obviously protest votes, but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom