• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
Presidential campaigns would be so different if the electoral college was scrapped. Instead of campaigning in swing states, you'd see a lot of campaigning by liberal candidates in places like Louisiana and Wyoming, to try and get as many votes as possible there. Conversely, you'd see conservatives trying to draw crowds in New York and California.

Cheebo

Banned
Presidential campaigns would be so different if the electoral college was scrapped. Instead of campaigning in swing states, you'd see a lot of campaigning by liberal candidates in places like Louisiana and Wyoming, to try and get as many votes as possible there. Conversely, you'd see conservatives trying to draw crowds in New York and California.

Why in the world would a liberal canadidate go to Wyoming to get out the popular vote? Both candidates would likely work their base states. Obama would be campaigning all over the big cities like NYC, Chicago, Austin, to try to bring out max turnout in cities.

so i guess the important thing to note is the shift back towards obama. we'll see if the rv model in gallup starts to reflect this. i can't imagine the lv getting anymore ridiculous at this point. i'd also think it weird if it showed obama up 7 in the lv. the race is just really close everywhere.

Expecting gallup +8R tomorrow

Brinbe

Why in the world would a liberal canadidate go to Wyoming to get out the popular vote? Both candidates would likely work their base states. Obama would be campaigning all over the big cities like NYC, Chicago, Austin, to try to bring out max turnout in cities.

Exactly... lol Wyoming? There's almost twice as many people in the fucking Bronx alone.

The super-Christian guy behind that "2016: Obama's America" movie? Ditches his wife of 20 years for a woman in her 20's.
Posted at 04:01 PM ET, 10/16/2012
Love, etc.: Dinesh D’Souza divorcing wife amid new relationship with young woman
By The Reliable Source

Dinesh D'Souza in New York last month. (Cindy Ord/Getty Images) Divorcing: Conservative scholar/provocateur Dinesh D’Souza, 51, and his wife, Dixie, 44, according to California court records. The news of their split came as World, a Christian magazine, started asking questions about the young woman accompanying D’Souza, who is president of NYC’s King’ College, to an evangelical conference in South Carolina last month.

D’Souza confirmed to the magazine that the woman, Denise Odie Joseph II, was his fiancée. Joseph, who judging by her Facebook bio is in her late 20s, did not respond to us for comment.

Her personal “lifestyle and opinion” blog, on which she had raged against liberals and urged readers to check out “2016: Obama’s America” — D’Souza’s controversial documentary presenting the president as an “anti-colonialist” bent on stripping the U.S. of its power — has been deactivated.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...99233d4-17bf-11e2-9855-71f2b202721b_blog.html

Clearly Obama's endorsement of gay marriage destroyed Dinesh's marriage.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

PPP: 50-47 Obama in CO. (before debate)

family-guy-bug-o.gif

Not bad. Colorado polls also tend to understate Dem margins, much like Nevada.

BUT BUT OBAMA'S GIVING UP ON COLORADO, VIRGINIA, AND FLORIDA. MAJOR GARRETT TOLD ME SO!

Some polling groups are going to have to explain themselves on nov 7th

Re:gallup. "@JohnJHarwood: Top GOP pollster on Gallup's 7-pt Romney lead nationally among likely voters: "There is nothing I am looking at that resembles that data.""

teiresias

Or Chief Justice Roberts will have to disappoint conservatives again when he votes against upholding a challenge to the election that's based on a voter fraud or conspiracy theory. That is, if he's at all interested in letting the SC keep some appearance of being non-partisan.

GhaleonEB

Why is PPP wasting resources on a daily tracker? ugh
Because...

Today PPP is releasing the first results from the daily tracking poll it will be running for the rest of the election, sponsored by Americans United for Change
Those guys are paying them to.

Obama at 50%? Bad news for Kerry.

Re:gallup. "@JohnJHarwood: Top GOP pollster on Gallup's 7-pt Romney lead nationally among likely voters: "There is nothing I am looking at that resembles that data.""

Hah. Him and everyone else. If Gallup does not snap back to reality, their reputation will take a serious hit on election day.

Kusagari

Is Gallup using different models for Obama's approval rating and the election?

I'm still trying to understand how Romney keeps increasing in there numbers while Obama's approval rating holds above 50%.

That GOP guy would be singing its praises if the Gallup lead was close to accurate.

If it's not, he wouldn't do that. There's no advantage to take from it.

Gallup is an outlier. There's just no way around it.

Gallup is getting play all over facebook. A hopeless House may be equalized by the increasing volume of bitter tears resulting from this forming "Romney blowout."

It will be so evident that Obama cheated to these people. Some may actually spontaneously combust.

codhand

Q7 What channel did you watch the debate on
tonight: CNN, C-Span, Fox News, MSNBC,
ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS, or something
else?
CNN................................................................ 13%
C-Span............................................................ 1%
Fox News........................................................ 25%
MSNBC........................................................... 12%
ABC ................................................................ 15%
CBS ................................................................ 9%
Fox.................................................................. 2%
NBC................................................................ 15%
PBS ................................................................ 6%
Another channel.............................................. 0%

doesn't bode well for ia and nh. i was hoping this would be larger.

i assume this only includes one day of the post-2nd debate though.

a lead is a lead, at least. let's see him keep it. virginia, nevada, ohio, and colorado would be quite the firewall.

Let's not forget PPP polls over a 3 day period, and one day can be stronger or weaker than the next. What was said yesterday might not reflect what they find in the field today.

I think Romney can win Iowa, but he has quite a mountain to climb due to the early voting

pax217

When can we start talking about removing term limits? Obama is the greatest President in history (Source: Last four years) and we need to keep him as long as possible.

Cheebo

Banned
When can we start talking about removing term limits? Obama is the greatest President is history (Source: Last four years) and we need to keep him as long as possible.

lol what. A lack of term limits would have meant 20+ years of Bill Clinton which would have been amazing. He'd be running for his 5th term right now and probably winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom