• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why aren't old people (aka Romney voters) voting early? They have nothing else to do. Is the Romney ground game so bad they can't pick them up and drive them?

Strategic backfire: old people are now so afraid of roaming islamic homosexual rape gangs dispatched by the EPA, they won't leave the house to actually get to the ballot center.

Cloudy

Banned
Why aren't old people (aka Romney voters) voting early? They have nothing else to do. Is the Romney ground game so bad they can't pick them up and drive them?

The Obama campaign is pushing this hard. I don't think Romney is doing so (Then again, he was trailing all summer with negative stories)

Also, a lot of folks like voting on election day.

So while the media keeps fucking that national horserace chicken, Obama is slowly eating at the electoral map below everyone's radar. Like he did with delegates.

I just love seeing all of this! They're going to be scratching their heads on Election Night, tearing each other apart (kinda like we do here at times - but much, much worse), wondering what the hell happened.

They will not accept any blame among themselves for losing (save for thinking, later, that Mitt wasn't "conservative enough"). It's going to be election fraud and Black Panthers all over again.

Has hell frozen? Why is Ben Stein making sense?

Saying people who make a quarter-million dollars a year aren't rich isn't making sense. But, I'll forgive him because he's advocating taxing millionaires more.

Yeah, as an Obama supporter in the middle of the Bible Belt, I'd rather not have my car keyed or my apartment set on fire.

I don't have an Obama bumper sticker for just that reason.

lol, wait, so is she planning on running for something if he wins? She ain't Hillary.

It sounds like she meant she wouldn't be campaigning for Mitt again. Not that it would be an option. Republicans will give it to the runner-up, but they don't go back to the well twice.

This is a very good question; perhaps the republican party does not believe in that form of GOTV, and instead relies on private institutions like churches to bus seniors to the polls. An OFA affiliated group bussed my grandma's entire retirement home to the polls in 2008, and they all voted for Obama; it's a predominantly black retirement home that is run by Greater Grace Temple in Detroit.

Having the campaign (or campaign affiliated people) herd voters to the polls is clearly a superior GOTV device. Given how conservative the elderly are, you'd think the GOP would be more active in this regard. Perhaps they do it in Florida..

coldfoot

Banned
So while the media keeps fucking that national horserace chicken, Obama is slowly eating at the electoral map below everyone's radar. Like he did with delegates.
But I saw this on the only unbiased network there is:

FoxNewsElectionPrediction2012_100912.jpg

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'm about 24 hours behind, trying to catch up.

I'm seeing Gallup +7 +puppies/sunshine

AND

Early voting in swing states that strongly favor Obama.

What's going on here? Are Gallup's likely voters only ones that haven't voted yet? Are we living in a leftist bubble?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

AND

What's going on here? Are Gallup's likely voters only ones that haven't voted yet? Are we living in a leftist bubble?

From what everyone can tell it is probably their new methodology. If their shit was legit every other poll would be showing the same stuff.

If the early voting and intended early voting stuff is accurate, Romney needs a 25-point election day margin.

Yup.

Basically he needs a 5 to 7 point bump in late voters...which can only happen if something the magnitude of first debate fail by Obama repeats and/or terrorist strike.

RDreamer

AND

Even Gallup with its large Romney lead has Obama in the lead everywhere but the south.

AND

Gallup is a clear outlier at this point. Nationally anything from Obama +2 to Romney +2 is what everyone else is showing and more in line with what everyone believes.

GhaleonEB

WSJ/Marist/NBC - Oct 15-17

Iowa - Romney 43% - Obama 51%

Wisconsin - Romney 45% - Obama 51%
Good news for Romney? Am I doing this right?

I love - and I'm not being facetious here - how Silver typically comes to very common sense conclusions (ie, Gallup looks like an outlier and therefore probably is) and backs that conclusion up with heaping piles of data. His posts are often the calm ratioinal center of a PoliGAF panic hurricane.

IA POLL (NBC/WSJ/Marist): 34% report having already voted, support Obama 67% vs. 32% Romney

This is a pretty critical stat. I'm increasingly looking to the share of those already voting, partly because it locks in an Obama lead for those votes, and partly because it's a measure of enthusiasm and ground game. And both are clearly on Obama's side.

A 35 point margin with 1/3 of the vote locked in is going to be tough as hell for Romney to overcome.

PP's newest Ohio poll finds Barack Obama leading 51-46, a 5 point lead not too different from our last poll two weeks ago when he led 49-45.

The key finding on this poll may be how the early voters are breaking out. 19% of people say they've already cast their ballots and they report having voted for Obama by a 76-24 margin. Romney has a 51-45 advantage with those who haven't voted yet, but the numbers make it clear that he already has a lot of ground to make up in the final three weeks before the election.

From dreamer in the other thread. This is pretty amazing.

This image never gets old.

Chalk that in with the analysts predictions for Wii vs PS3 vs 360 this gen

Joe Scarborough has been citing that USA Today poll showing Romney is equal with Obama with women for days now. It will be interesting seeing him spin how both the new NBC polls show Obama with an 18 point lead with women

Tendo

Good on you for voting! Don't know if Obama can keep NC this time around but every vote counts.

Also, sorry if I missed your answer last night, but what part did you fact check? There's so much there to fact check haha

I don't expect him to keep it but damn if I'm not trying haha. I can sit and chicken little or do something. I'm going to do something.

Basically the whole thing. I was going to do just the college question then someone pissed me off so i did the whole thing. I basically listened to it with a lot of tabs open. I especially nailed the energy and education stuff because that's my thing. Women's rights pissed a lot off same with the Ryan budget. Had a REAL source for everything too. Had 300+ notifications that night. I posted obamas speech before the now infamous "please proceed governor " so that was neat. I missed quite a bit because I was so busy posting and responding. I watched it again yesterday and it was glorious.

And yeah, I am catching A LOT of flack at work. Whatever. I've held my tongue long enough since I've been here. Enough is enough. If people want to vote Romney at least I've tried to show him who he is.

Magni

I don't expect him to keep it but damn if I'm not trying haha. I can sit and chicken little or do something. I'm going to do something.

Basically the whole thing. I was going to do just the college question then someone pissed me off so i did the whole thing. I basically listened to it with a lot of tabs open. I especially nailed the energy and education stuff because that's my thing. Women's rights pissed a lot off same with the Ryan budget. Had a REAL source for everything too. Had 300+ notifications that night. I posted obamas speech before the now infamous "please proceed governor " so that was neat. I missed quite a bit because I was so busy posting and responding. I watched it again yesterday and it was glorious.

And yeah, I am catching A LOT of flack at work. Whatever. I've held my tongue long enough since I've been here. Enough is enough. If people want to vote Romney at least I've tried to show him who he is.

Good on you! I still fail to see how you can catch flack for fact checking, but then again this is probably irrational people we're dealing with (no offense to your FB friends/coworkers)

markatisu

Iowa really came through for Obama during the Dem primaries & eventually the election, i guess they want to keep that tight bond for Obama

Its not that hard.

Obama brought wind energy to Iowa, that created a lot of jobs. Romney and the GOP want to end that which will lose a lot of jobs. And through Magic they promise to create 130,000+ new jobs in...... we are still waiting to hear in what lol

Immigration is also a serious issue, when Obama basically backed the DREAM act that made a completely ag based state very excited that we might not be raided as much for illegals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom