• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is that actually the same Zogby? Zogby International was sold in 2011 I think to some Brazilian company.

markatisu

Just going to various spots on the net and omg the tears will be delicious come election night

The election is over and Romney will win by a landslide. All of the momentum is on the side of Romney. Obama lost the election on October 3rd, in the first debate. That evening, Romney completely destroyed over $100 million dollars worth of negative advertising when America saw the "real" Mitt Romney - not the Mitt Romney that Obama's team created in their false advertising.

This headline is the best they can do, Obama holding a lead in two small states while the majority of the map is going strong Romeny. Republican Landslide coming

No one cares about Iowa. Ohio is where its at. Romney wins Ohio, he doesn't need Iowa. So many worthless polls

Not a chance in hell for Obama getting re-elected...... Obama is losing ground daily and Mitt Romney is hitting 54% of likely voters to Obamas 46% in today's polls. Check after Monday next week and Obama will probably lose these 2 key states by then. I saw an electoral college model from the University of Denver designed by their political science professors and it has accurately predicted the winner of every Presidential election since it was first implemented in 1980, it has Mitt Romney winning the Presidency in a near landslide in November.

pigeon

Banned
Zogby is horrible though. And Newsmax? Trash polls are trash polls, even when my boy is winning them

Yeah, undeniable, but after the Days of Diablos the last couple weeks it's nice to see a day where every state poll
except Rasmussen
showed Obama leading.

Maybe debates matter!

Sometimes I feel like PoliGAF needs a guide.

Listen to: Cyan, GhaleonEB, Jackson50
Troll with or otherwise ignore: PD
Panic with: Diablos and CS
Be calm with: Black Mamba, pigeon, loudninja, Tim-E, Forever
Harass PD, make sarcastic/joking responses, fake panic with: Dax
Appreciate trolling of: Incognito

Something like that.
Category 1 for me. My analysis is never colored by wishful thinking.

Category 1 for me. My analysis is never colored by wishful thinking.

No. You get your own category.

Be calm with: Black Mamba, pigeon, loudninja, Tim-E, Forever, eBay Huckster
Be optimistic alongside: Aaron Strife

RDreamer

HAHAHAHA wtf. Tommy just called Baldwin Joe Biden. She was trying to ask him what he was talking about and he's like "Why would you interrupt me, Joe Biden."

This guy is such an old fucking fart. Seriously, go away...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
HAHAHAHA wtf. Tommy just called Baldwin Joe Biden. She was trying to ask him what he was talking about and he's like "Why would you interrupt me, Joe Biden."

This guy is such an old fucking fart. Seriously, go away...

Is that supposed to be an insult? Diamond Joe killed it, I see it as more of a compliment.

RDreamer

Hah, Thompson fucked up that question. It was about the partisan divide. It asked what they would support from each other's platform. Thompson was like "Well, if there was ANYTHING that reduced the deficit I'd be on board with that, but there isn't anything. Maybe some day I could support her...."

Yeah, when people want someone that'll work with the other party I don't think a good answer is "THEY HAVE NOTHING I WOULD EVER SUPPORT!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hah, Thompson fucked up that question. It was about the partisan divide. It asked what they would support from each other's platform. Thompson was like "Well, if there was ANYTHING that reduced the deficit I'd be on board with that, but there isn't anything. Maybe some day I could support her...."

Yeah, when people want someone that'll work with the other party I don't think a good answer is "THEY HAVE NOTHING I WOULD EVER SUPPORT!"

Mother of god that sounds like a train wreck, thank god. Looks like there's no way he comes back from behind.

I know, right? Their Biden series of articles were an amazing thing to read. It was just a great, funny story about a lovable, honest guy who just happened to be the VP.

So who else is watching the dinner tonight? It's on in six minutes.

What channel? I usually tune in hoping for some decent laughs.

Owzers

So who else is watching the dinner tonight? It's on in six minutes.

what dinner/where do you watch it?

Also, the bestest conservative pundit Ron Christie was on the ed show for a bit and he made a fantastically horrible argument. Mainly that Candy shouldn't have interjected because it was "against the rules". When it was stated that Mitt Romney directly asked Obama questions, which was against the rules, he stated that it was okay because the American people wanted that.

Mmmmmm consistency.

RDreamer

Mother of god that sounds like a train wreck, thank god. Looks like there's no way he comes back from behind.

Hard to tell, really. Neither of them are any good. The whole debate was boring as shit, and neither of them have any charisma at all when it comes to debates. Honestly I think Thompson's shtick plays better in a lot of parts of Wisconsin, though, and sticking Baldwin with the extremism and supporting a bigger government takeover of healthcare is kind of hard to overcome.

So, really, I'm not sure who won that.

bananas

Banned
what dinner/where do you watch it?

Also, the bestest conservative pundit Ron Christie was on the ed show for a bit and he made a fantastically horrible argument. Mainly that Candy shouldn't have interjected because it was "against the rules". When it was stated that Mitt Romney directly asked Obama questions, which was against the rules, he stated that it was okay because the American people wanted that.

Mmmmmm consistency.

The Alfred E. Smith dinner. I'm on cspan.org.

It's basically Obama and Romney yucking it up.

AniHawk

too bad marist isn't that well-regarded according to 538, but damn that iowa number is pretty fucking nice.

va + oh + ia + nv + co would be insurmountable. romney would have to pick up michigan and pennsylvania to compensate.

RDreamer

Thinking about it some, and I think I'm passionately supportive of Baldwin more because of Thompson and the Republicans accusations than her actual speaking, lol. The accusations of her wanting actual single payer healthcare, etc, makes me really want to vote for her. I realize, though, why she can't actually defend those things, but I found it kind of funny that their ads push me more toward her.

HylianTom

Banned

Something like that.
Hmm. I'm calm ("ice in my veins"), but I'm more of an old-time connisseur of Republican tears. Been drinking since '88, but didn't have a good year until '92. The Republican primaries of '96 were especially entertaining.

Piecake

Thinking about it some, and I think I'm passionately supportive of Baldwin more because of Thompson and the Republicans accusations than her actual speaking, lol. The accusations of her wanting actual single payer healthcare, etc, makes me really want to vote for her. I realize, though, why she can't actually defend those things, but I found it kind of funny that their ads push me more toward her.

There was some republican attack add about a DFLer (forget who) that basically said that he felt that Obamacare didnt go far enough, and a bunch of other scary liberal stuff. At the end i was like, awesome, id definitely vote for that guy

Speaking of Minnesota, any news about the DFL's chances of taking back the state congress? I want me some single-payer legislation passed

No. You get your own category.

Be calm with: Black Mamba, pigeon, loudninja, Tim-E, Forever, eBay Huckster
Be optimistic alongside: Aaron Strife
I'll have to crank up the pessimism in 2014. Or play a Republican shill.

not gonna bother w/ political things for the next 48 hours

i've got an annotated bibliography to write and then a charity gaming marathon to participate in

Clevinger

To recap state polls released today:

Colorado (PPP, 10/16-18): Obama 50, Romney 47
Florida (Newsmax/Zogby, 10/14-16): Obama 47, Romney 44
Iowa (Marist/NBC, 10/15-17): Obama 51, Romney 43
Michigan (EPIC-MRA, 10/17): Obama 52, Romney 46
North Carolina (Rasmussen, 10/17): Obama 46, Romney 52
Ohio (Rasmussen, 10/17): Obama 49, Romney 48
Ohio (SurveyUSA, 10/12-15): Obama 45, Romney 42
Virginia (PPP, 10/15-16): Obama 49, Romney 48
Wisconsin (Marist/NBC, 10/15-17): Obama 48 51, Romney 47 45

Never include Zogby, dude. Never. Oh, and of course Newsmax is now associated with him.

pigeon

Banned
I know it's crap, but still...

October Surprise ‏@OctSurprise

Forget the counter ... it's go time in 5 mins

Thanks to this post I had to explain to my wife what a Rickroll was. She does not believe that it was a thing and is somewhat more skeptical of the entire Internet now.

Something like that.

^ This needs to go in the OP.

Jeels

Wow, even giving a humorous speech he's so robotic...

The head nod after each reaction to his joke is specially terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom