• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

I suppose, but these kids were probably never going to go for that anyway. That ideology just doesn't fit with the millennial generation.

Young people are pretty liberal in some key ways, especially on social issues like gay marriage and also drug legalization, and they also want to stop the war machine. Alongside that, though, I feel like a lot of the young people I've met have benefitted a lot from liberal economic policies. In all respects they should be (and I suppose statistically are) liberals.

So I guess what's scary (though probably more sad than scary) to me is that they should be going one way, but seem to be completely and utterly discouraged by the situation in our country today. I can sympathize with them. They feel like neither candidate really represents them, and neither party really represents them, and for good reason. And things aren't going great for them as a whole. But then I feel like libertarianism is kind of the easy answer for the discouraged. This all sucks, so let's just throw it all out. Government sucks, let's throw it all out and elect a guy that'll do just that.

That's just what young, idealistic people do. They think that they are above the current system and are able to fight it, but as most get older they'll realize that it's best to spend your time wanting to make our current system as efficient and effective as possible instead of trying to fight the man because it really gets you nowhere.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Just voted a straight democratic ticket for the first time in my life. I usually try to spread it around for balance. Sadly this year the right wing has no balance to offer. Just stupidity.
feelsgood.jpg

Averon

They'd just claim the CIA manufactured the documents after the fact to keep up with the "lie". These are the same people who think Obama bullies Gallup to show more favorable poll numbers and cook the books at the BLS.

RDreamer

Quite honestly stuff like this should end Romney's chances outright. He should get trounced after this. If you play political games with an tragedy, distort and contort things in order to stick it to your opponent, and then end up completely and utterly fucking wrong, you should be done. No questions asked. Done.

Fuchsdh

Filling out my absentee ballot now, and ughhh, local politicians. I don't even know who half of these people fucking are

That's a shame. Local politics is the place you have the greatest chance to make a difference, and in my experience has the greatest impact on your day to day life. Case in point: our county board bends over backwards to violate our zoning laws so developers can build huge developments, and they're attempting to ask us to fund an $80 million bond to build an aquatics center to further jack up rent prices. That's what happens when any party gets a stranglehold...

That's a shame. Local politics is the place you have the greatest chance to make a difference, and in my experience has the greatest impact on your day to day life. Case in point: our county board bends over backwards to violate our zoning laws so developers can build huge developments, and they're attempting to ask us to fund an $80 million bond to build an aquatics center to further jack up rent prices. That's what happens when any party gets a stranglehold...

What the hell are you doing here?

I believe in term limits for every position filled by the election process.

I just vote no on everyone seeking another term to make it simple.

Forever

Banned
Playing around with the electoral map again to keep confidence levels up. I think it's probably safe to say that Nevada will go for Obama, in which case Romney would need to carry Ohio, Florida, plus two other states to win. Tall order.

I'm doing research now, but a lot of these people don't have any information online on them. At all. Both Finance Committee candidates literally just have their Facebook profile when I google their names, Town Council members have the same "Yup, this person exists. Wait, did you want actual information? lol too bad" and that makes it rather difficult.

Two positions aren't contested, and there's nobody on the School Committee ballot at all; it's just a write-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom