• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Funny you say that, considering that it's not much of a stretch to say that the Presidency is putting a severe strain on their marriage.

Before he was a politician, she had a more successful career than him. Once he ran for President, she had to become a house wife because Americans can't handle political wives with ambitious careers and expect a house wife nursing a motherly charity or cause.

kingkitty

after years of procrastinating, I finally read some chapters of Game Change. Some riveting stuff here, probably would've been better with a 50 Shades twist.

michele should run for office! she is definitely qualified, regardless of her being first lady (but that doesn't hurt). she should do a hillary and find some senate seat to target.

barack can stay home and watch the kids. :)

Zzoram

michele should run for office! she is definitely qualified, regardless of her being first lady (but that doesn't hurt). she should do a hillary and find some senate seat to target.

Well she was making a lot more money than Obama before he became President so she should be used to being the bread winner already.

Owzers

CNN talking about Romney's tax plan with one of his advisors....they are being far too polite in true CNN style. lol nevermind, CNN made a case with the facts and then just shrugged off everything they said when the Romney advisor said the math would work.

I'm doing research now, but a lot of these people don't have any information online on them. At all. Both Finance Committee candidates literally just have their Facebook profile when I google their names, Town Council members have the same "Yup, this person exists. Wait, did you want actual information? lol too bad" and that makes it rather difficult.

Two positions aren't contested, and there's nobody on the School Committee ballot at all; it's just a write-in.

Just vote D and get on with your day. It's a reliable enough proxy for not R.

Jackson50

Those numbers are interesting, if only because they're both biased. What's the point of internal polls if not to find out what's going on? Morale boost?
The typical explanation reasons that internal polls are more complex and rigorous. Therefore, their estimations are more accurate. Fine. But unless you're a member of the campaign's inmost core, I recommend treating internal polls with heavy skepticism. Campaigns have every incentive to emphasize polls which support their narrative while concealing negative polls.
As a primer for the what will likely be a big topic of discussion Monday, here is an article from Brookings discussing the Obama administration's policies on China and proposed republican ideas:

http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2012/03/16-china-lieberthal-pollack
American-Chinese relations have been prominent primarily because Romney's attempted to appear muscular while portraying Obama as feeble. But a substantive discussion, especially within the broader context of Asia's ascent, has been sorely lacking. That we omit the debate, to our great detriment, while focusing on minor issues reveals our nation's skewed perspective.

As for their analysis, we would be prudent to heed their trenchant first point. Our greatest hindrance and, presently, our greatest threat, is our domestic myopia. Forget Iran or other minor issues, our ability to compete and sustain our power depends on our investment in infrastructure and other public goods. And it's a task we've been failing for decades. Our deteriorating infrastructure is already costing our economy billions. And the problem will only compound in the forthcoming decades. It's essential we invest in our nation. Duh. As for developing trust, sure. We can only benefit by increasing transparency, although I'm doubtful we can substantially reduce mistrust.

Forever

Banned

Reportedly she doesn't like the spotlight and the whole political circus much. I doubt that she'll ever get into politics herself.

I'm curious what Barack will do after his Presidency is over. Just go back to Hawaii and chill?

Reportedly she doesn't like the spotlight and the whole political circus much. I doubt that she'll ever get into politics herself.

I'm curious what Barack will do after his Presidency is over. Just go back to Kenya and chill?

Golf. and Lots and lots of speeches (see Clinton). Also will probably form a Clinton-Bush Initiative type thing.

Zzoram

The typical explanation reasons that internal polls are more complex and rigorous. Therefore, their estimations are more accurate. Fine. But unless you're a member of the campaign's inmost core, I recommend treating internal polls with heavy skepticism. Campaigns have every incentive to emphasize polls which support their narrative while concealing negative polls.American-Chinese relations have been prominent primarily because Romney's attempted to appear muscular while portraying Obama as feeble. But a substantive discussion, especially within the broader context of Asia's ascent, has been sorely lacking. That we omit the debate, to our great detriment, while focusing on minor issues reveals our nation's skewed perspective.

As for their analysis, we would be prudent to heed their trenchant first point. Our greatest hindrance and, presently, our greatest threat, is our domestic myopia. Forget Iran or other minor issues, our ability to compete and sustain our power depends on our investment in infrastructure and other public goods. And it's a task we've been failing for decades. Our deteriorating infrastructure is already costing our economy billions. And the problem will only compound in the forthcoming decades. It's essential we invest in our nation. Duh. As for developing trust, sure. We can only benefit by increasing transparency, although I'm doubtful we can substantially reduce mistrust.

Countries with less income inequality and a lot of social services have higher levels of trust.

dabig2

I'm curious what Barack will do after his Presidency is over. Just go back to Kenya and chill?

Kenya is good this time of the year

Forever

Banned
PPPTrolls haven't teased anything about this one so I expect the numbers to be more or less in line with what they were last time.

Averon

It's sad to see PPP resort to trolling on Twitter to get attention for their polls. I've lost respect for them over the past couple weeks due to that.

Jackson50

It's sad to see PPP resort to trolling on Twitter to get attention for their polls. I've lost respect for them over the past couple weeks due to that.
Why not have some fun?
Countries with less income inequality and a lot of social services have higher levels of trust.
Indeed, you'll find a general correlation between depressed levels of trust and economic inequality. But I was referring to mistrust in the international context.

I don't really see it as trolling. They have to deal with a lot of media and people ignoring their polls because they are called a "D" pollster. I think they like to have fun with these people.

I don't understand the continuation harping of the Benghazi issue about declaring the words "act of terror" next day vs 2 weeks by the Romney camp.

Trying to fish for a Jimmy Carter Iran Hostage Crisis to pin on Obama but completely failing.

Debate #2 pretty much nailed the coffin IMO for the general public after Mitt's botched delivery trying to pin "Act of Terror said or not said" onto Obama

move on! Jesus

I don't understand the continuation harping of the Benghazi issue about declaring the words "act of terror" next day vs 2 weeks by the Romney camp.

Trying to fish for a Jimmy Carter Iran Hostage Crisis to pin on Obama but completely failing.

Debate #2 pretty much nailed the coffin IMO for the general public after Mitt's botched delivery trying to pin "Act of Terror said or not said" onto Obama

move on! Jesus

The GOP has shown repeatedly that no matter how many times they're proven wrong, they want to be stubborn and try again anyway.

ivysaur12

Banned
Just requested by CA ballot. How do we feel about these propositions? There has been a ton of ads against the labeling of genetically modified foods, but I was under the impression that they weren't bad for you?

Just requested by CA ballot. How do we feel about these propositions? There has been a ton of ads against the labeling of genetically modified foods, but I was under the impression that they weren't bad for you?
Look up who is paying for no on 37. Your answer will be clear.

bananas

Banned
Can President Obama win without Ohio? I am assuming he also loses Virginia and Florida.

Yes he can.

yebjl.png

Isn't the proposition more about information than whether it is good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom