• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama camp responds to Pew numbers
Responding to the Pew poll, an Obama campaign official pointed to a shift in the party identification percentages used in Pew's mid-September poll compared to the poll released Monday.

The earlier survey was composed of 39% Democrats, 29% Republicans and 30% independents, while Monday's poll was comprised of 31% Democrats, 36% Republicans and 30% independents.

"This is far bigger than any one-month change in party ID ever reported by Pew in the past," the Obama campaign official said.

Another representative of the Obama campaign said the "state of the race is what it has been, which is a close and competitive race in key states with a slight lean towards the president."
How can Party identification turn on a dime within a span of 10 days? No clue what Pew is doing but OK by me if they're gonna do an Obama comeback poll after 10 days.

I'm starting to think Romney could definitely win this.

Why? Because he's going to be able to lie and Obama calling him out will be seen as reactive and desperate, and this will fuel the idea that Obama is in trouble when he may not be in trouble at all.

The electoral math doesn't line up yet, but we have a few weeks left to go. The middle of the electorate can change overnight and Romney seems to have stolen back every Republican in the country, which is the majority of the voting population.

So I guess we'll see, but Romney has a clear shot now. He just needs to not fuck up and keep lying, hoping he doesn't make up a lie that blows his cover.

But I think the real answer is: I have no idea how this is going to turn out and I'm not of the idea that either candidate has "got this on lockdown" yet.

pigeon

Banned
Obama camp responds to Pew numbers

How can Party identification turn on a dime within a span of 10 days? No clue what Pew is doing but OK by me if they're gonna do an Obama comeback poll after 10 days.

I mean, this really is unskewing. It's just one poll, there are some weird things about the sample, it's not clear on how much of it was done on Thursday and Friday. 6% undecided with Romney at 49% all of a sudden almost certainly means that Obama really has 3 or 4 percent banked in fake undecided voters who were embarrassed after the debate. The topline numbers are often pretty unrevealing unless you also check the undecided numbers.

The electoral math doesn't line up yet, but we have a few weeks left to go. The middle of the electorate can change overnight and Romney seems to have stolen back every Republican in the country, which is the majority of the voting population.

Nope.

Drek

Gives Obama data that he will prepare for that he will walk back at the debate.

"I didn't say more wars!"
"You did. Right here."
"Well that's your interpretation, I can get someone else who doesn't share your opinion."
"Wtf?"

I'd like to see Bams set something like that up and then instead of finishing it with "WTF?" end it with:
"Look, I didn't call you on your flip flopping con man act last debate because I want civil discourse, but you refuse to be honest with the American people. I'm done with it. You've been beating the drums of war with Iran for years now. Remember when you guaranteed they'll never have a nuke? Remember how you said we need more red lines? Remember how you said we need to dictate terms in the middle east? Remember when you said we should be "more aggressive" in the middle east? How do you think you accomplish all of that without military intervention?

You're selling a false bill of goods to the American people sir, and that is not the purpose of our political system. Your actions discredit this forum, your party, and this nation. Debate your beliefs, if you have any, and stop lying to the American people."

Drop that rant with authority and fire. This shit is over immediately thereafter.

The poll was taken 4 days after the debate where Obama bombed. So Republicans happily answered the phone while democrats where in the fetal position and couldn't answer the phone after Obama's performance.

Wait, so Democrats are a bunch of pussies then?

Damn, I'll check 'I' on the next form.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

Why? Because he's going to be able to lie and Obama calling him out will be seen as reactive and desperate, and this will fuel the idea that Obama is in trouble when he may not be in trouble at all.

So I guess we'll see, but Romney has a clear shot now. He just needs to not fuck up and keep lying, hoping he doesn't make up a lie that blows his cover.

But I think the real answer is: I have no idea how this is going to turn out and I'm not of the idea that either candidate has "got this on lockdown" yet.
That's the plan for the Comeback Kid according to America's Finest News Source.

coldfoot

Banned
I'd like to see Bams set something like that up and then instead of finishing it with "WTF?" end it with:

You're selling a false bill of goods to the American people sir, and that is not the purpose of our political system. Your actions discredit this forum, your party, and this nation. Debate your beliefs, if you have any, and stop lying to the American people."

Drop that rant with authority and fire. This shit is over immediately thereafter.

Follow it up by the Billy Madison diss...

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This is the electorate I know and love! I fully expect for the the undecided will once again flip flop if Obama wins a debate. It's pretty hilarious to see.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
tumblr_m0kqzk4m1b1qgfty6o1_500.gif

Spat_triate

This is the electorate I know and love! I fully expect for the the undecided will once again flip flop if Obama wins a debate. It's pretty hilarious to see.

How many debates are there? I thought there were only 2 with Romney 'winning' the more important economic debate. The next one revolves around foreign policy, which is the furthest thing from people's minds when they can't find jobs.

yeah, sorry to pull a Diablos here, but I'm freakin out too. Obama had this shit in the bag, but he totally blew it with his impotent debate performance and allowed Romney's lies go unchallenged--essentially legitimizing his positions. And he has been pretty lucky lately....generating lots of small donations, Michelle Obama and Bill Clinton steppin it up for him, Romney's foot in mouth disease, Mother Jones' 47% scoop. But his debate performance and DNC speech seemed really lackluster and phoning it in. Now everyone else's hard work could be in danger. shit :-/

Forever

Banned
yeah, sorry to pull a Diablos here, but I'm freakin out too. Obama had this shit in the bag, but he totally blew it with his impotent debate performance and allowed Romney's lies go unchallenged--essentially legitimizing his positions. And he has been pretty lucky lately....generating lots of small donations, Michelle Obama and Bill Clinton steppin it up for him, Romney's foot in mouth disease, Mother Jones' 47% scoop. But his debate performance and DNC speech seemed really lackluster and phoning it in. Now everyone else's hard work could be in danger. shit :-/

Chill the fuck out.

RDreamer

These commercials are getting bizarre.

Ryan's running a commercial about how we should get Insurance and Government bureaucrats out of the way of healthcare! It's essentially "Hey let's believe in pixie dust and magic fairies!"

Romney's running an ad saying some non-partisan group says Obama and his liberal allies are the ones raising the middle class taxes by $4000!!!! They point to some study here

I'm listening to sean Hannity and they're talking about taxes going to the UN, a shadowy group that is going to take everybody's money and give it to climate change "enthusiasts".

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
One would think that Romney is going to have a heavy burden of honesty placed on him in the next debate, meaning every fact-check failure will be carry a magnified weight.

I guess we'll see what happens.
They've already said his campaign won't be dictated by fact checkers.

Allard

How many debates are there? I thought there were only 2 with Romney 'winning' the more important economic debate. The next one revolves around foreign policy, which is the furthest thing from people's minds when they can't find jobs.

There is 4 debates including the VP debate.

The 3 presidential debates are Domestic Policy (The first debate), townhall style debate where questions are fielded by people in the audience, and Foreign Policy debate at the end.

jbug617

Banned
No it s not in play, really what is wrong with some of you?

Clam down.

I now know how Romney supporters felt like in September. I had visions of maybe Arizona being up for grabs last month but I'm now hoping Obama can hang on to Virgina and Florida.

I don't want the election to depend on the 2nd debate.

markatisu

Is this a PD alt account? There is so much factually wrong with the bolded part

SmokeMaxX

california will be in play soon, if it isn't already.

How many electoral votes does Kenya get? I hear latest polls have Obama trailing in a three way race. It's Romney - 47%, Obama's Banana- 46%, and then Obama - 7%.

EDIT: Ended up getting unwrecked from earlier (Intrade). Bought at $6.47. I think it'll go lower before tomorrow but I don't want to take the risk. Earned like $5-6 dollars in the process though so not complaining.

I now know how Romney supporters felt like in September. I had visions of maybe Arizona being up for grabs last month but I'm now hoping Obama can hang on to Virgina and Florida.

I don't want the election to depend on the 2nd debate.
PPP just did a poll of VA yesterday. He's fine.

Chumly

These commercials are getting bizarre.

Ryan's running a commercial about how we should get Insurance and Government bureaucrats out of the way of healthcare! It's essentially "Hey let's believe in pixie dust and magic fairies!"

Romney's running an ad saying some non-partisan group says Obama and his liberal allies are the ones raising the middle class taxes by $4000!!!! They point to some study here
Just saw a commercial against the 4000 dollar increase from Obama. I guess the study was done by someone from Bain and Cheney and Gingrich are on the board or something? I'll have to find it online

Atlagev

Honestly, I would wait for more than one poll with Romney on top by this much to start freaking out. And to be honest, the state polls are the important ones.

On the bright side, maybe this scare means democrats will be more motivated to get the hell out and vote.

Edit: HAH! They're finally running a Thompson commercial with the "Who better than me to do away with medicaid and medicare" line.

Dude's done.

Though with that I think Baldwin could actually win with a Romney victory despite what I just said out there... if they push this hard enough anyway.
Really happy for you guys. Living in WI must have been rough the past couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom