• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Jesus tapdancing Christ:

VsQVV.jpg

Andrew Sullivan's post mortem for the Obama campaign
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/did-obama-just-throw-the-entire-election-away.html
Look: I'm trying to rally some morale, but I've never seen a candidate this late in the game, so far ahead, just throw in the towel in the way Obama did last week - throw away almost every single advantage he had with voters and manage to enable his opponent to seem as if he cares about the middle class as much as Obama does. How do you erase that imprinted first image from public consciousness: a president incapable of making a single argument or even a halfway decent closing statement? And after Romney's convincing Etch-A-Sketch, convincing because Obama was incapable of exposing it, Romney is now the centrist candidate, even as he is running to head up the most radical party in the modern era.
Devastating

Is McCain's opposition research on Mitt Romney old news? It's supposed to be up on Buzzfeed. I'm not familiar with that site or topic really.

Didn't want to post a dud, so thought I'd ask.

RDreamer

Is McCain's opposition research on Mitt Romney old news? It's supposed to be up on Buzzfeed. I'm not familiar with that site or topic really.

Didn't want to post a dud, so thought I'd ask.

Yeah, it's been around for quite some time now.

Cold War style draw down, right? Even Obama's plan is way too high.

Seriously. Maddow was showing the lines and started with the cold war draw down and then showed Obama's and I was kind of bummed that it was so high. Then she showed Romney's and I swear my eyes popped out of my head.

Yeah, it's been around for quite some time now.

Seriously. Maddow was showing the lines and started with the cold war draw down and then showed Obama's and I was kind of bummed that it was so high. Then she showed Romney's and I swear my eyes popped out of my head.

Ah okay, right the date is right there.

nm

-PXG-

Welp. Tried watching Mitt's foreign policy speech....

tumblr_lydck4hmXq1qzb9d2.gif

This just reinforces just how fucked up his priorities are. Buffing up our military in places we shouldn't be is more important than health care. Fuck this guy.

Zabka

Andrew's an emotional guy but he's not stupid. He knows Obama reads his blog. I wonder if he's trying to put the fear of God in him.

Or maybe he's just gone fucking insane. That would be sad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You think Obama needs to have his come to Jesus moment inspired by Andrew Sullivan? I'm going with fucking insane.

pigeon

Banned
Andrew's an emotional guy but he's not stupid. He knows Obama reads his blog. I wonder if he's trying to put the fear of God in him.

Sullivan has always done this. Did you read his blog during the Palin bounce? Because don't go back and look.

-PXG-

You think Obama needs to have his come to Jesus moment inspired by Andrew Sullivan? I'm going with fucking insane.

No. He just needs to do find his balls, tell Mitt to shut his ass up and sit the fuck down.

Call him out for his bullshit.

Cloudy

Banned
My take on all the current polling:

- Obama was never really ahead that much in the national polls. Romney had a month of negative coverage and that "skewed" his poll numbers.
- Obama hasn't lost that much ground, it's just his turn to have his campaign get questioned and have the "loser" narrative.

I will panic when the betting sites have Obama below 50%

UnskewedPolls continues to be a great source of entertainment. Now they are claiming that pollsters are skewing less. They even asked
Is the Rasmussen poll skewed?(Hint: It's not). My favorite quote from the article
The Rasmussen Report Daily Presidential Tracking poll released today shows President Obama leading over Mitt Romney by a 49 percent to 47 percent margin. Likewise, the Gallup tracking poll, which is skewed six percent in favor of Democrats, released today show Obama leading 50 percent to 45 percent. Clearly the more skewed of the two is the Gallup poll, by those results.

ezekial45

Banned
Probably already posted, but Nate Silver had comments about the PEW on twitter.

- According to Twitter, Barack Obama went from a huge favorite at 1 PM to a huge underdog at 4 PM. Get a grip, people.

- How much difference did the Pew poll make? We had Romney win % rising to 24.4% from 21.6% today. Without Pew, he'd have made no gain at all.

- So the Pew poll really is a huge data point for Romney. But his polling today was pretty mediocre without it.

TiVo

Just going to throw this out there...

Republicans accused Democrats of voter/registration fraud and got caught doing it.
Republicans accuse Democrats of skewing polls. Any chance they are actually doing what they claimed was happening?

These are they guys that blatantly said voter id which would cause Romney to win PA DONE!!

Cheebo

Banned

Yeah Obama mentioned Sullivan's blog once as one of the few political sites he visits on his iPad. Poor Obama seeing that article lol.

Drakeon

Just going to throw this out there...

Republicans accused Democrats of voter/registration fraud and got caught doing it.
Republicans accuse Democrats of skewing polls. Any chance they are actually doing what they claimed was happening?

These are they guys that blatantly said voter id which would cause Romney to win PA DONE!!

No, it was a bad sample (the pew poll). It has Romney taking 50% of the women vote, which is pants-on-head retarded. It's a single data point, it's an outlier.

There's a friggen mile between saying "hmm this singular poll seems off" and " the polling companies are playing for team Obama because they are liberal.

So apparently romney had a huge burst in the polls that liberal-gaf is running around trying to explain?

So type of cataclysmic shift that hit people over the course of a few days?

Perhaps....

gasraise6.jpg

Paches

So apparently romney had a huge burst in the polls that liberal-gaf is running around trying to explain?

Perhaps....

gasraise6.jpg

Yep, everyone in the past 2 days blamed Obama for their gas spike and decided to vote Romney instead.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Perhaps....

gasraise5.jpg

What a fresh new insight from jamesinclair. a brand new observation that spans polls and time like a petroleum bifrost.

SmokeMaxX

Is this really fair to Romney? I'm not a big fan of his but I thought this was unfair to John Kerry as well. I think those we elect should be encouraged to change their opinions to best cater to their electorate. If everyone wants no guns, then you should ban guns. If your electorate changes into one where everyone wants guns, you shouldn't have to elect a new guy. Just have your elected official fight for your gun rights now. Romney's definitely a hypocritical flip-flopper who will say whatever it takes to get elected, but I'm not a big fan of the argument that people can only have one position and that position is forever attributed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom