• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder how the networks
CNN/Fox
would respond to an Obama 332-347 win?

-"Was Obama campaign too aggressive?"
-"Was america ready for a Mormon president?"
- "our polls showed Romney was the weakest gop nominee since..."
- "7.8% save the president?"
-"Why did Obama get less electoral votes than before"?
-"Do minorities hate Romney?"
-"Are women too emotional to vote?"

The biggest response will be: Romney was not a True Conservative.

cast my ballot for obama earlier today and have to admit was surprised at how long the line was, even for a inconsequential state such as texas. the line was populated by white, elderly voters and nary a young person (besides me) was there. even more disconcerting were the anecdotes i heard while waiting in line. stuff such as "i'm here today because the Romney camp called me such and such times" or "i've never seen a GOP ground game like this" have shaken my faith that the obama camp still has an absolute advantage on the ground. i mean, if they're hitting it hard in texas imagine ohio, or florida and virginia.

I'm still awaiting the results of the Incognito National Poll.

Loudninja

Wow
Ronna Romney is the ex-sister-in-law of Mitt Romney. She’s apparently remained close to the Romney family. She has a minor role in the Romney campaign in Florida and has recently appeared at campaign events in Michigan with her daughter.

Earlier this afternoon she posted this grotesque image of the mangled body of the late Ambassador Chris Stevens with the words “Obama killed him” surrounded by dripping blood.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/10/staying_classy_1.php?ref=fpblg

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

ezrarh

Curious. How long does it take to get set up on Intrade?

You can get setup pretty quickly with a bank wire transfer. Register, prove your identity (ID and two proof of address) and bank wire transfer takes 3 to 5 days so there's time. I don't think the odds are going to go up for Obama since national polls are making it appear tighter than it is. Share prices are probably gonna remain flat for the next two weeks.

Keio

For a Finer World
Re: Intrade. Non-US people can get going in just an hour. I put 100 USD on Obama. You need a copy of your ID & two utility bills and funding with a foreign credit card that does 3D-securewhatever. (Jumping through hoops to block money laundering.)

10 days alledgedly. I should have done it sooner and I would be hitting those Obama shares for all their worth. Especially so cheap now.

FFFFFF yeah that sucks. Setting up an account looks like to much of a hassle as well. A shame, because people there seem to be overreacting to national polls and pay very little attention to the electoral college.

SmokeMaxX

If you guys go through Paypal through one of the guys offering the service on the forums, you can get your money in in under 24 hours. I put $1500 in my account that way. The only problem is that there's a fee that they charge (between 7-10%). If you want convenience, I'd go that route, but it does affect how much you'll win.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If you guys go through Paypal through one of the guys offering the service on the forums, you can get your money in in under 24 hours. I put $1500 in my account that way. The only problem is that there's a fee that they charge (between 7-10%). If you want convenience, I'd go that route, but it does affect how much you'll win.

7-10%?!

Too much for my taste. I would do 5% tops, but I dont need the money that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom