• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Obama given a good explanation about what went down in Libya and why he and his administration acted the way he did? All these stories that I've found have only given part of the story and it has been hard to put together how the administration screwed up the response as much as they did, or if they have a good reason.

Atlagev

nh: obama +9 (unh)
co: romney +4 (ras)
ia: tie (ras)
oh: obama +5 (quin)
oh: tie (suffolk)
fl: romney +5 (angus reid)

national:
gallup rv: romney +1
gallup lv: romney +6
rand: obama +2
ppp: tie
abc: obama +1
survey usa: romney + 3
politico: romney +2
washington times: obama +3
ibd: obama +4

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on here?!

pigeon

Banned
Has Obama given a good explanation about what went down in Libya and why he and his administration acted the way he did? All these stories that I've found have only given part of the story and it has been hard to put together how the administration screwed up the response as much as they did.

The Times just had a story on this. The administration response at every step was the same as the current intelligence analysis of what happened. The intelligence kept changing, so the administration's response kept changing. This is actually totally normal and what happens every single time, it just happens that the GOP wanted to play politics with it.

Zabka

Has Obama given a good explanation about what went down in Libya and why he and his administration acted the way he did? All these stories that I've found have only given part of the story and it has been hard to put together how the administration screwed up the response as much as they did, or if they have a good reason.

The document dump from the House showed that they worked straight off the CIA talking points.

pigeon

Banned

Let me help simplify:

Ohio is steady at +3 Obama. Florida is steady at +2-3 Romney. Obama has a lead of some size in New Hampshire, as you should obviously have expected. No other information on swing states because Ras data is totally worthless.

Nationally the race is tied.

HylianTom

Banned
MadelineOhMyGod.gif

I'm tired..

AniHawk

rasmussen was one of the most accurate pollsters when it came to iowa. it's the only swing state that everyone overestimated. the average poll in the last week was +15 obama, but the final result was a +9.5 win. rasmussen had him at +8 for the last two weeks.

pigeon

Banned
rasmussen was one of the most accurate pollsters when it came to iowa. it's the only swing state that everyone overestimated. the average poll in the last week was +15 obama, but the final result was a +9.5 win. rasmussen had him at +8 for the last two weeks.

So what?

I'll say it again, Rasmussen data is massaged, by hand, using weighting techniques explicitly decried by reputable companies, that change every day. Nothing any other pollster does even approaches the shadiness of this technique. Everything they produce is tainted, even -- especially -- polls late in the game that reflect a prevailing understanding of the race.

The Times just had a story on this. The administration response at every step was the same as the current intelligence analysis of what happened. The intelligence kept changing, so the administration's response kept changing. This is actually totally normal and what happens every single time, it just happens that the GOP wanted to play politics with it.

Accordind to this and a few other stories though, pretty much everyone knew right away what had gone down. It's this sort of conflicting information that has me confused.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
ohio moved up a point. dunno about any other state. virginia barely in obama's camp again.

edit: ohio is moving up to nevada levels there.

NH and Iowa I think went more towards Bams. Compared to what I remember a day ago...changes all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom