• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
ron-paul.gif

This is easily in the top 5 gifs of all time.

Whats the difference between Harry Reid and paper?

Paper doesn't fold more than 8 times.

I dont fucking get it. Whats Reid worries about, that if the dems lose majority, they wont be able to use the same tactics?

Heres some news buddy: When the GOP regain majority, THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO SCREW YOU OVER.

Look at what theyre trying to do with electoral votes. They have no honor, they dont give a shit about history, they want whatever rules make everything easier for them to get their way.

pigeon

Banned
so is Obama going to puss out and accept a 3 month extension?

We still have to see if the GOP can even pass a three month extension, but if they do, who cares? The debt limit is still the debt limit, and all the reasons it absolutely must be raised are still true. The more votes they have to take, the worse for the GOP. I suspect the plan might be to kick it down the road specifically to get cover for a permanent fix as a piece of a larger deal. Of course, that means we still shouldn't trade anything for it.

Whats the difference between Harry Reid and paper?

Paper doesn't fold more than 8 times.

I dont fucking get it. Whats Reid worries about, that if the dems lose majority, they wont be able to use the same tactics?

Heres some news buddy: When the GOP regain majority, THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO SCREW YOU OVER.

Look at what theyre trying to do with electoral votes. They have no honor, they dont give a shit about history, they want whatever rules make everything easier for them to get their way.
Everything's folding to you. These people are obsessed with the senate tradition. He cares more about that then losing to the gop.

Your not gonna get insiders to change this. I think he also sees how the fiscal cliff went and realizes what they need in this congress isnt going to need filibuster reform (whats the point if its not gonna get a house vote?)

Stephen Colbert's sister is running for Congress.
Everything's folding to you. These people are obsessed with the senate tradition. He cares more about that then losing to the gop.

Your not gonna get insiders to change this. I think he also sees how the fiscal cliff went and realizes what they need in this congress isnt going to need filibuster reform (whats the point if its not gonna get a house vote?)

Whatever happens with filibuster, I think it's clear by this point its time is limited. Probably as soon as the next time one party gets unified control of the federal government, it'll be gone.

gcubed

We still have to see if the GOP can even pass a three month extension, but if they do, who cares? The debt limit is still the debt limit, and all the reasons it absolutely must be raised are still true. The more votes they have to take, the worse for the GOP. I suspect the plan might be to kick it down the road specifically to get cover for a permanent fix as a piece of a larger deal. Of course, that means we still shouldn't trade anything for it.

because if Obama has grandiose plans of gun and immigration reform, fucking around with the debt ceiling every 3 months is not going to get it taken care of. So he will basically be fighting a continual battle over nothing for 2 years until he becomes dead man walking

because if Obama has grandiose plans of gun and immigration reform, fucking around with the debt ceiling every 3 months is not going to get it taken care of. So he will basically be fighting a continual battle over nothing for 2 years until he becomes dead man walking
If they extend the debt ceiling now there will be no fight again. The same risk applies.if they balk now why wouldnt they balk in 3 months?

pigeon

Banned

I mean, this is still the GOP. They're going to try to block all that stuff anyway. I don't think the debt ceiling helps them much there, because it's an unpopular vote both ways.

Stephen Colbert's sister is running for Congress.

Whatever happens with filibuster, I think it's clear by this point its time is limited. Probably as soon as the next time one party gets unified control of the federal government, it'll be gone.
I think thats a better bet. Theres really nothing thats gonna get done this congress. Why set the precedent if you really get nothing?y guess is hes gonna try to get something about nominations which is probably the most important thing since the house had nothing to do with that.

Yeah, comity is really dead. If the GOP get 51 seats in the Senate I think they'd instantly kill the filibuster. They almost did it last time they held the senate. And this time they'd fear the blow-back from the way they abused it.

Tim-E

I don't think this will ever happen again in the next few decades. You can't gerrymander an entire state.

It's pretty presumptive to say that the Republicans will not win a +1 majority in the Senate for decades because they lost two Presidential elections.

YHrkL8G.gif

Let's do this!

http://deadheatpolitics.wordpress.com

ronpaulitshappening.gif

I need the emails of those who want to be contributors so I can invite.

PM'd!

It's pretty presumptive to say that the Republicans will not win a +1 majority in the Senate for decades because they lost two Presidential elections
Not because they lost elections, but because they've moved too far right while the country continues to move left.

Tim-E

Not because they lost elections, but because they've moved too far right while the country continues to move left.

It may take a cycle or two, but eventually they'll see the writing on the wall and change in order to stay relevant, no matter how much the base fights about it.

Al-ibn Kermit

And? They could win back the senate in 2014 if the economy is weak and they don't nominate more Akins.

In 2010, seniors weren't worried that republicans would delay their SS checks. The gerrymandering makes the less moderate (probably incumbent) republican candidate go on to the general so I don't think the type of people who show up to midterms will be quite so happy to reelect their congressmen.

In 2010, seniors weren't worried that republicans would delay their SS checks. The gerrymandering makes the less moderate (probably incumbent) republican candidate go on to the general so I don't think the type of people who show up to midterms will be quite so happy to reelect their congressmen.
The gop needs open primaries if they want to survive. The make up of the districts makes these radicals almost locks.

Chichikov

Currently playing around with headings and stuff. I'm trying to keep it simple black and white like a newspaper.

Only lorem ipsum allowed. lol

CHEEZMO™;46617608 said:
I miss the days when lorem ipsum was a thing only pretentious pricks like me knew about.
FUCK YOU INTERNET

Also, I think you should make the blog in all caps.
REASONABLE OPINIONS IN UNREASONABLE CAPITALIZATION!
THIS JOKE WILL NEVER GET OLD.

And? They could win back the senate in 2014 if the economy is weak and they don't nominate more Akins.

What six races (five if Scott Brown swoops in and takes Kerry's seat as the GOP planned) could Republicans easily win - while holding onto Kentucky and Georgia? Louisiana, Alaska, North Carolina, West Virginia, maybe South Dakota or Oregon? I somehow doubt the GOP would manage to pick up all of these seats. I think the Democrats learned after 2010 the importance of midterms.

For the record, though, I think it's likely Democrats will lose seats in 2014, but I can't see how they lose control in the Senate (mostly thanks to the seats saved/won in 2012). And then there's 2016 where Democrats will almost assuredly gain seats in places like IL, MO, PA, and WI.

T'Zariah

Banned
What six races (five if Scott Brown swoops in and takes Kerry's seat as the GOP planned) could Republicans easily win - while holding onto Kentucky and Georgia? Louisiana, Alaska, North Carolina, West Virginia, maybe South Dakota or Oregon? I somehow doubt the GOP would manage to pick up all of these seats. I think the Democrats learned after 2010 the importance of midterms.

The Same Dems who still hasn't told the GOP to go fuck themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom