• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the senate banking committee is exactly where she needs to be right now.

Amen, if she can't be in charge of the Consumer Protection Board then I want her in the Senate breathing down the necks of all the bankers who put us in this situation in the first place.

RDreamer

I think the senate banking committee is exactly where she needs to be right now.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just wish her message had a larger audience to it, that's all. Someone in an even higher position bringing up the things she does really starts a conversation whereas where she is right now doesn't really do a lot.

Chichikov

Yeah, you're probably right. I just wish her message had a larger audience to it, that's all. Someone in an even higher position bringing up the things she does really starts a conversation whereas where she is right now doesn't really do a lot.
I want her to put a strap on and rape Lloyd Blankfein in the ass on the floor of the senate; you can't always get what you want.

Conversations are great, but we should start with a functioning regulatory body, and she seem to be already pointing at the right direction.

RDreamer

I want her to put a strap on and rape Lloyd Blankfein in the ass on the floor of the senate; you can't always get what you want.

Conversations are great, but we should start with a functioning regulatory body, and she seem to be already pointing at the right direction.

Yeah, I just suppose I feel like the problem is so big and so entrenched that it would take almost a large movement throughout the US and a sea of people demanding change. And I feel it's hard to get there without anyone in any sort of top visible position pointing to that problem.

But, yes, a functioning regulatory body is great, and I'm sure she'll be amazing there.

Yeah, I just suppose I feel like the problem is so big and so entrenched that it would take almost a large movement throughout the US and a sea of people demanding change. And I feel it's hard to get there without anyone in any sort of top visible position pointing to that problem.

But, yes, a functioning regulatory body is great, and I'm sure she'll be amazing there.

All it takes is getting prosecutors who make the final call out of the mindset that the bank's health should keep them up at night. We didn't need to galvanize the population to get convictions in the past although that would be more than welcome.

Marvie_3

Banned

Awesome

We might see MN pass a same sex marriage bill as well this term considering that we have a democrat congress and a democrat governor. The only real concern is that we have a fair number of rural democrats and Minnesota is pretty ass-backwards socially outside of the twin cities
Even with some of the weirdos from rural MN, I still think we see it passed this term.

Even with some of the weirdos from rural MN, I still think we see it passed this term.
The politics of this are iffy. Many of the new Democratic representatives elected come from districts that voted for the marriage ban. You can look at the marriage ban failing and say MN supports gay marriage, and you'd probably even be right, but that was the Twin Cities outvoting the bible-beaters.

It might just be best to settle for civil unions for now instead of stirring the pot.

Seriously, Scott Brown is gonna steamroll her.
His gig at Fox News will work in his favor in appealing to the common man when he runs for governor in 2014. Just a stepping stone for 2016 of course

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hey, if I wanted to talk about videogames, I would have posted on the Gaming side sometime in the last four years.

Chichikov

That's why she's so effective. She can simplify economic and financial issues in a way that almost mirrors what Frank Luntz types do for GOP talking points.
I don't generally likes your trolling (look at me!!! I'm posting the opposite of my opinion!!!! it's like sarcasm!!! and probably irony!) but that got a chuckle out of me.

I don't generally likes your trolling (look at me!!! I'm posting the opposite of my opinion!!!! it's like sarcasm!!! and probably irony!) but that got a chuckle out of me.

It's the truth though. Consider the basic function of what Luntz does: he simplifies issues beyond spin, creating phrases that explain "confusing" or complex things in simple ways. Consider the public option, which which he labeled "the government option." More recently consider how republicans frame the minimum wage and its impact on employment.

Warren's "you didn't build that" mini speech was probably one of the best, most simple explanations of liberalism I've ever heard. Likewise here she cut through a lot of financial and legal wonkery and got right to the simple truth about the regulatory system in relation to banks (which is essentially like giving a billionaire a jay walking ticket).

Chichikov

It's the truth though. Consider the basic function of what Luntz does: he simplifies issues beyond spin, creating phrases that explain "confusing" or complex things in simple ways. Consider the public option, which which he labeled "the government option." More recently consider how republicans frame the minimum wage and its impact on employment.

Warren's "you didn't build that" mini speech was probably one of the best, most simple explanations of liberalism I've ever heard. Likewise here she cut through a lot of financial and legal wonkery and got right to the simple truth about the regulatory system in relation to banks (which is essentially like giving a billionaire a jay walking ticket).
Did you just compare my MILFu (trademarked) to that walking bulb of lies and lard in earnest?
Oh hell no you didn't, you made a powerful enemy today my friend, a powerful enemy.

Diablos

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, they blocked Hagel.

Even if Reid sucks GOPers are the ones to blame here. Is he ever gonna get confirmed now? You sure the recess will work?

And speaking of NJ will someone PLEASE get Menendez to step down? Ughhh. He's a ticking time bomb and could cost the Dems the Senate in two years. If I were Obama I'd be flying to NJ and telling him to gtfo in a heated closed door convo.

Piecake

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, they blocked Hagel.

Even if Reid sucks GOPers are the ones to blame here. Is he ever gonna get confirmed now? You sure the recess will work?

And speaking of NJ will someone PLEASE get Menendez to step down? Ughhh. He's a ticking time bomb and could cost the Dems the Senate in two years. If I were Obama I'd be flying to NJ and telling him to gtfo in a heated closed door convo.

He will get confirmed after 10 days. Apparently the GOP thinks its a fine idea to waste time and money so that they can pointlessly bitch and moan how much they hate hagel and his 'views' for purely political reasons

Seriously, fuck the GOP. They are a cancer

kehs

Banned

"What else is she doing?"

da fuck, I'm always partial to giving people the benefit of the doubt...but wow

Regarding the Hagel nomination, I heard something about them having an allotted number of hours for legislation. On a technical level, I understand their reasoning.

But that's like saying I understand why poison kills people when we're talking about how many poison darts we should use to subdue a jaywalker.

watershed

Banned
Republicans are fucking embarrassing themselves over the Hagel nomination. I just wish they had the good sense to actually feel embarrassed.

FerDS

Well, I wasn't sure where to post these since I can't make a new thread, but the Venezuelan government released today these photos of Chavez 68 days after his operation (this is the first time he has been seen publicly since).

DvqOj2G.jpg

4GtiVdH.jpg

RN6KrnI.jpg

dV14E0Z.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Now maybe some of friends down south can lay off the CIA murder conspiracies for a bit. Sure it's happened in the past a ton, but not this time!

The Department of Homeland Security was originally a GOP creation, and now they're the ones getting paranoid about it? How ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom