• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

As weak as Boehner is, I can only shudder when I think who would replace him. Not doubt Boehner's replacement would come from the Tea Party wing of the party.

AntoneM

DC has enough funds in reserve for one pay period, so the government can shut down for 2 weeks without it being a problem afaik

hahahhahahaha. Not Veterans benefits. we MIGHT have until Friday but it's likely we run out of money before then. Thankfully I'm essential and get to "work for free" if VA runs out of money.

Is Boehner truly bad or is he simply stuck in a bad situation, like George Clooney in Batman & Robin? There's just not much he can do with a slim majority and about 60 members from lily white districts that are completely detached from where the US is as a country right now.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So some teabagger posted this in regards to not raising the debt ceiling:

So, if I write a check for $100.00 on my checking account when I have a $25.00 balance, then two weeks later deposit $75.00, I will not only have spent $75.00 more than I had, but I will owe bounced check fees. How have I not raised my 'debt ceiling'? I once had $25.00, and now I'm in debt another $75 plus fees.

Piecake

I don't think he entirely understands how it works.

I am starting to think that no conservative understands how it works. I mean, they always say that they want the Govt to be run as a business, but then refuse to fund pre-k education, a program that is estimated to net us a 7-10% annual return, while our borrowing rate now is like 1-2%. And yet republicans oppose this? What business in their right mind would turn that down? Makes no sense

Averon

I am starting to think that no conservative understands how it works. I mean, they always say that they want the Govt to be run as a business, but then refuse to fund pre-k education, a program that is estimated to net us a 7-10% annual return, while our borrowing rate now is like 1-2%. And yet republicans oppose this? What business in their right mind would turn that down? Makes no sense

A lot of conservatives just think they know a lot about business.

I'm pretty sure "the free market!", "capitalism!", and "low taxes!" are the extent of many conservatives' business acumen.

A lot of conservatives just think they know a lot about business.

I'm pretty sure "the free market!", "capitalism!", and "low taxes!" are the extent of many conservatives' business acumen.

Vast majority of corporations don't understand business either.

Do they have any IDEA how much revenue they could make with a thriving middle class, a universal health care program (therefore no health benefits they have to pay), and them paying a fair tax?

But nope. These fuckers want short term gains to please the Board of Directors instead of long term *infinite* revenue.

They should be falling all over themselves to help the middle class out, because in the long run, they get fucking RICHER if they would.

How the fuck hasn't anyone figured this out?

Chichikov

Wanting the government to run like a business makes no sense on any level, it's just a well tested talking point, maybe some of the duller tools in the GOP shed don't understand it, but for the most part it's fall squarely in the "don't dignify it with an answer" realm for me.
Or at the very least, don't dignify it with a such specific answer, I think arguing against it in the context of ROI gives way to much credence to that stupid framework of thought.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Do they have any IDEA how much revenue they could make with a thriving middle class, a universal health care program (therefore no health benefits they have to pay), and them paying a fair tax?

But nope. These fuckers want short term gains to please the Board of Directors instead of long term *infinite* revenue.

They should be falling all over themselves to help the middle class out, because in the long run, they get fucking RICHER if they would.

Yup, most companies only see 10 years into the future tops. Most not even that. They are way too beholden to their investors.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Public corporations have legally mandated priorities that usually preclude logical management. Private companies can do as they please.

Diablos

Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO 2h
"Many top GOP insiders see a multi-day shutdown as likely, if not unavoidable at this time."

Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO 2h
The gap: Rs who think shutdown will lead to mass neg coverage of furloughs, closed parks vs. Rs who think anti-Ocare sentiment will swell
I don't know. I think if the government shuts down it will be interesting to see if Boehner breaks the Hastert rule. I don't think he does, because it will enrage over half of his party most likely, and he'll get booted as speaker and replaced with an even bigger loon. He's a horrible Speaker, so it is hard to say if he'll do the right thing.

I really do think they are willing to allow default to occur by placing blame on Democrats here.

FyreWulff

Yup, most companies only see 10 years into the future tops. Most not even that. They are way too beholden to their investors.

Everyone is beholden to the stock market slot machine, where nowadays you can be fucked by a computer algorithm not liking the way your company's stock trends, regardless of your product or company health.

I don't do much stock marketing but it feels foolish to even do personal trading. I'm assuming most of the trading is done by computer programs working in seconds long timescales. Nobody can invest in a foundation and build it slowly over time. It has to be able to turn around in single-digit months so people can sell their stock as fast as possible.

And since we're posting on NeoGAF: No game company should EVER be publically traded. It's a nice way to get funding. But the speed and desires of stockholders and trading goes against the long term and creative business of making games.

Just look at the gaming industry. None of the big 3 have any idea what the fuck is going on. The PS4 only looks good because the other two fucked up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just look at the gaming industry. None of the big 3 have any idea what the fuck is going on. The PS4 only looks good because the other two fucked up.

I'd point to their investors being even dumber, Nintendo's investors want them to put their games on iOS which would only lose them money in the medium and long runs. Or at the big game developers making these huge AAA games that need to sell insane amounts to even break even, they're putting themselves slowly out of business.

pigeon

Banned
I don't know. I think if the government shuts down it will be interesting to see if Boehner breaks the Hastert rule. I don't think he does, because it will enrage over half of his party most likely, and he'll get booted as speaker and replaced with an even bigger loon. He's a horrible Speaker, so it is hard to say if he'll do the right thing.

I suspect this represents a misunderstanding of Boehner's situation. If over half of his party opposed a clean CR, there would never have been a discussion about it. The reality is that the majority of Republicans would have voted for it -- but enough wouldn't have that it wouldn't pass the Hastert Rule.

It takes an affirmative vote of more than half the House of Representatives to declare the office of Speaker vacant or to appoint a new one after having done so. In other words, unless the Tea Party wants to rely on Democratic votes to remove Boehner, they need to be able to pass the Hastert Rule in order to replace him! I'm not sure they can reach that bar.

And, of course, if things really do get that bad, the remaining sane Republicans can start signing Nancy's discharge petitions.

I really do think they are willing to allow default to occur by placing blame on Democrats here.

They don't really have the power to place blame on Democrats. I suspect that some in Washington are hoping the shutdown will clarify that.

Diablos

For the House GOP leadership, this has become known as the “touch-the-stove moment.”

After nearly three years of narrowly avoiding government shutdowns, debt defaults and other fiscal follies, House Republicans appear poised to finally grasp the hot stove-top and allow federal government operations to begin shutting down early Tuesday morning.

It would be the first shutdown since 1996. Tens of thousands of “non-essential” federal workers will immediately be placed on furloughs. National parks will close, passport applications will be delayed, toxic waste sites won’t get cleaned and there may be difficulties processing some government benefits.

Yet U.S. troops will remain at their posts, mail will still get delivered, and federal agencies will open for business on Tuesday, staffed with fewer personnel than usual.

For Speaker John Boehner (Ohio) and 232 House Republicans, the big problem — and big risk — is how a shutdown would be received by the American public and media. If the preponderance of public polling is accurate and House Republicans shoulder the blame for a government closure, they could end up jeopardizing their majority to pick a fight they are destined to lose. While Republicans publicly say that Obamacare should be delayed and defunded, many privately concede this argument was resolved when President Barack Obama trounced Mitt Romney in 2012.

Republicans are making the bet that their constituents hate Obamacare so much they’ll swallow a government shutdown.

The threat of a shutdown is proving somewhat cathartic for conservative Republicans, many of whom were elected in 2010, promising to do everything they can to kill off Obama’s health care law.

Republicans feel comfortable with the possible political repercussions of shutting down the government. They believe that their effort to delay or defund Obamacare is vital for the economy and personal freedom, and worth risking their House seats over.

“I might be the wrong person to ask on this, because I’m pretty unique in this,” said Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga.), who led the push to defund the law as part of a short-term government-funding bill. “I’m not concerned about personal impact, I’m more concerned about personal real impact of my constituents and this law. I made a commitment in August I would do everything I could to protect them from it.”

Graves added: “And that if that has political consequences, then so be it, For me, individually. But I’m going to everything I can for them and that’s probably a unique dynamic here, that maybe [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid is underestimating — the resolve of our conference.”

That’s the feeling throughout a broad swath of the House Republican Conference as they voted Saturday night to keep the federal government open until Dec. 15, while delaying the Affordable Care Act and repealing a medical device tax that helped fund the law.

House Republicans also passed a separate bill to keep U.S. troops funded in the case of a shutdown. Senate Democrats are still evaluating how to handle that legislation.

Both Obama and Reid — with overwhelming support from House and Senate Democrats — have rejected the Republican proposal. The Senate will vote either late Sunday or Monday to do just that, putting the focus squarely back on Boehner and his fellow House Republicans just hours before a shutdown.

That would leave the House leadership with a brief window to avoid a shutdown. If there’s a broad public outcry or groundswell to avoid a shutdown — which House GOP lawmakers and aides see as unlikely — Boehner and his top lieutenants still have the option to pass a government funding bill without the Obamacare language. However, they would need to turn to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and the Democrats to do so, and there didn’t appear to be any movement in that direction over weekend.

Many top GOP insiders see a multi-day shutdown as likely, if not unavoidable at this time.

And most Republicans privately acknowledge they’ll get the lion’s share of the blame from the public and press over this stalemate.

Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) said it would be up to voters to decide if a shutdown is a mistake.

“It’s going to be up to the American public to decide if this was a battle worth going to the mat for,” Farenthold said.

Yet Farenthold, like dozens of his House GOP colleagues, said delaying or defunding Obamacare is worth a potential shutdown.

“Listen, our biggest struggle is to get the economy back on track,” Farenthold insisted. “We’ve tried spending cuts. We’ve tried the president’s tax increases… I think the consensus — certainly within my conference — is that Obamacare is the biggest thing in the way of economic growth.”

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a leading House conservative, said Republicans need to “keep telling the truth” about any potential government shutdown.

“I’ve said it — I don’t know how many times I’ve said it, a lot — this makes sense. We’re funding the government and we’re delaying a law that everyone knows is not ready. I don’t think it will ever be ready, but it’s not ready now.”

Jordan seemed convinced that his leadership has shown that they have the fortitude to withstand a shutdown.

“I think they understand the same thing I just explained to you, and they’re willing to make the case as they’re willing to make the case as evidenced by the bills over the last two weeks,” Jordan said. “We’re making the argument. It’s a simple fairness argument.”

Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), speaking briefly to POLITICO, asserted that Reid and Senate Democrats should be blamed for any shutdown debacle.

“It’s up to the Senate Democrats,” Cantor insisted. “Are they on the side of the working people of this country? Are they going to be on the side of big business and special interests who have all gotten the delay of [the employer mandate] of Obamcare.”

Cantor added: “It is up to them, especially the red state Democrats. Why don’t you take a look at them and where they’ll vote because they’ll have to answer to their constituents?”

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) raised another potential snag for House Republicans, one some members may not have realized yet. If there is a government shutdown, Congress will have to adopt a funding bill to restart all shuttered government operations. That gives Obama and the Democrats additional leverage.

“I think the answer is ‘No,’ we’re not ready because I’m convinced that once the government shuts down, you have to have Barack Obama’s permission as it were, you need [Democrats’] help to start it back up again,” Franks admitted. “And if they think that the country is blaming Republicans, they will not hesitate to keep it shut down as long as possible.”

A shutdown, however, could help cool the partisan temperature within House GOP ranks. Hard-line conservatives, buoyed by their tea party supporters back home, have pined for a climactic face-off with Obama and the Democrats. Some say that they need a crisis to force Obama to negotiate — Democrats laugh at this contention. Now they could be getting exactly what they asked for, and party leaders and senior aides are convinced they won’t like it when they do.

“More tears have been shed over prayers that were answered than those denied,” joked a senior House Republican, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “They’ve wanted it. Now we’ll see how they deal with it.”
Yeah, they have the absolute worst of intentions. They're going to shut the government down and wage a PR battle with the public and attempt to make Democrats look weak.

It is foolish on the GOP's end to apparently not consider the prospect of restarting everything and what that implies; on the other hand if they are as serious as they want us to think perhaps they'll take even more things hostage.

I don't know. These Republicans have proven time and time again to be completely irrational. It is hard to know what such a large group of irrational people will do.

I'd point to their investors being even dumber, Nintendo's investors want them to put their games on iOS which would only lose them money in the medium and long runs. Or at the big game developers making these huge AAA games that need to sell insane amounts to even break even, they're putting themselves slowly out of business.

What could go wrong by putting Nintendo's biggest system sellers on iOS?

Its not like investors told another certain company that only stuck all of its apps and even operating system to one machine to others in order to remain competitive. I forgot that company's name though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What could go wrong by putting Nintendo's biggest system sellers on iOS?

Its not like investors told another certain company that only stuck all of its apps and even operating system to one machine to others in order to remain competitive. I forgot that company's name though.

I don't want to get into that here, but when pokemon comes out look at the sale numbers. Then consider each of those sales means that person also owns a 3DS. Put it on iOS and you lose the console sale and leave money on the table. Whatever you lose by not having it on iOS you gain back and then some with the console sale.

I don't want to get into that here, but when pokemon comes out look at the sale numbers. Then consider each of those sales means that person also owns a 3DS. Put it on iOS and you lose the console sale and leave money on the table. Whatever you lose by not having it on iOS you gain back and then some with the console sale.

I agree with that. The thing is that many investors say that Nintendo should PORT their games to iOS. That is what blows my mind and what I was referring to.

Anyway console sales tend to be peanuts. Actually most consoles tend to lose money. What makes the money are royalties and the fact that everybody who wants to buy your games are all in one place, so no fractured userbase. Look at what happened to Sega. After the Dreamcast the userbase scattered nearly equally across all three platforms and they have had to try to guess where to put their games ever since.

Diablos

I suspect this represents a misunderstanding of Boehner's situation. If over half of his party opposed a clean CR, there would never have been a discussion about it. The reality is that the majority of Republicans would have voted for it -- but enough wouldn't have that it wouldn't pass the Hastert Rule.
...because enough of them will jump ship to work with Pelosi across the aisle to pass a clean CR. I hope so.

It takes an affirmative vote of more than half the House of Representatives to declare the office of Speaker vacant or to appoint a new one after having done so. In other words, unless the Tea Party wants to rely on Democratic votes to remove Boehner, they need to be able to pass the Hastert Rule in order to replace him! I'm not sure they can reach that bar.
And then you'd have to wonder if Democrats even want to replace him as they know the alternatives would be even worse.

And, of course, if things really do get that bad, the remaining sane Republicans can start signing Nancy's discharge petitions.
Who is left in the Republican party that is sane? Well, not all of them are Tea Partiers, but they seem to have Boehner by the balls right now (along with the rest of the country, thanks assholes).

They don't really have the power to place blame on Democrats. I suspect that some in Washington are hoping the shutdown will clarify that.
The last thing we need is a shutdown. It's bad for politics, bad for the economy, bad for the country. When it happened in 1996 the economy was in much better shape and the GOP wasn't this far off the deep end. Still fairly far off, but not this far off.

I think there would be a lot of undesirable, unexpected implications if the government shuts down, even if it is only for several days.

The return of the mid-tier game is absolutely vital to long term growth and sustainability of the game industry.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The return of the mid-tier game is absolutely vital to long term growth and sustainability of the game industry.

The model has to change before mid-tier games make sense (they died for a reason). Besides, most studios who made middle tier games either died or pivoted away in the last few years so there is a capability and bandwidth gap even if publishers started straying back into that territory.

Diablos

REP. CATHY MCMORRIS RODGERS (R-WA): "Right now, we have a golden opportunity to fix the problems coming out of Washington.

"By an overwhelming margin, Americans believe any debt ceiling increase should be coupled with solutions that help solve our debt and grow our economy.

"Republicans have put forward a plan that does just that. It contains cuts and real reforms to build a 21st century economy – from approving the Keystone pipeline and fixing our outdated tax code to delaying the president’s health care law.

"Our bill also increases the debt limit. The best way to preserve the full faith and credit of the United States is by strengthening it – which is what our plan does.

"Coupling an increase in the debt limit with efforts to rein in spending is common sense – so much so that it’s been used by presidents from both parties.

"President Reagan did it in 1985 when he signed the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings deficit reduction bill.

"Five years later, President Bush reached a budget deal with a Democratic Congress that included a debt limit increase.

"President Clinton reached a similar agreement with a Democratic majority in 1993, and with a Republican majority on the balanced budget agreement of 1997

"Finally, President Obama himself worked with Republicans on a large deficit-reduction deal tied to the debt limit in the summer of 2011. It has its flaws – including the ‘sequester’ the president devised and insisted on – but it has cut spending.

"Unfortunately, the president is now demanding that we increase the debt limit without engaging in any kind of bipartisan discussions about addressing our spending problem.

"He wants to take the easy way out – exactly the kind of foolishness that got us here in the first place. As we know, it’s hardworking people like you who would ultimately pay the price for business as usual through higher taxes, higher prices, and fewer jobs.

"To reiterate, every major deficit reduction effort of the last 30 years has been tied to the debt limit. This time should be no different. If anything, it’s more important than ever if we’re serious about getting people working again and protecting our children’s future.

"Thank you for listening."
The gears are already turning. They're trying to equate their hostage-taking with more sane Congressional bipartisanship during past administrations. That is why I can't count on enough GOPers to come to their senses.

Newt Gingrich also pointed out on CNN that when the shutdown in '96 occurred, Dole was also running for President so the politics of the situation were all the more amplified. Not to mention he was the Republican Senate leader at the time. It makes sense when you think about it that way; the GOP may prove to have less this time to lose since a. Congress is universally hated right now anyway and b. it isn't even 2014 yet, and depending on how they play their cards they can walk away from a shutdown while being able to get away with pointing fingers at Dems to a certain extent. I can't see a single Republican taking blame for this (i.e. hurting Presidential ambitions) besides Cruz and he's a twat anyway. It could hurt the party's image but -- especially when you look at it from the Congressional angle -- it is pretty tarnished anyway. People like Rand Paul have to be loving this.

Boehner will be forced to break it soon enough. A shut down will last for a few days before it becomes clear that the GOP has badly miscalculated. Just watch, after the government is re-opened there will be members who argue that if only republican leadership had waited, the American people would have eventually come to the right's side of things. I guarantee that will be Rush's spin for the next decade.

Boehner will be fine; in fact, IMO a shutdown would do more to save his job than cost him his job. He'll be able to argue he fought the good fight, but the people have spoken. And I think this fight will make it easier for him to quickly cave on the debt ceiling.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
About 5 years ago, I considered myself a moderate who voted for both democrats and republicans. With the non-stop spiral into ridiculous actions and acting like petulant children when Obama does something they don't want, they've effectively turned me into a straight-ticket democrat. I'll be so until they get some reasonable leaders to take back control of the party.

I don't see that happening any time soon.

Diablos

Boehner will be forced to break it soon enough. A shut down will last for a few days before it becomes clear that the GOP has badly miscalculated. Just watch, after the government is re-opened there will be members who argue that if only republican leadership had waited, the American people would have eventually come to the right's side of things. I guarantee that will be Rush's spin for the next decade.

Boehner will be fine; in fact, IMO a shutdown would do more to save his job than cost him his job. He'll be able to argue he fought the good fight, but the people have spoken. And I think this fight will make it easier for him to quickly cave on the debt ceiling.
How do we know this for sure? What if Boehner is willing to play a longer game than anticipated and fall on his own sword if it means getting Obama at his most desperate and forcing him to delay or repeal PPACA? I know it sounds like a long shot, but all this confidence in Boehner magically coming to his senses is offsetting when there have been numerous statements from Republicans indicating that they are not willing to budge and are anticipating a shutdown. Their passion far exceeds the rhetoric. Many of them are dead set on all out chaos or Obamacare repeal.

Think about it. This is the biggest single issue driving the GOP (Obamacare). They've been calling for its repeal since the day it was passed, quite literally. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013... the core of their message is that PPACA is a huge mistake and needs to be repealed. Its passage and the hysteria from the right no doubt played a huge role in Democrats losing their majority status in the House. This is like their rallying cry, they've never been this close to actually repealing the law, what makes people think even Boehner will roll over that easily? I know he assured lots of people he wouldn't allow default to occur, but the more the CR goes back and forth between the House and Senate, the more it just looks like a game that can be blamed on either party to Americans who are clueless about politics.

So the question isn't whether or not we will allow default, but under what terms... Boehner may look weak now but who knows how many mind games GOPers are willing to play behind closed doors to get their way. And you have to figure Congressional Dems are thinking about their political prospects here, too. The longer this drags out, particularly for red state Dems, the worse this will make them look if they have an election next year.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
How do we know this for sure? What if Boehner is willing to play a longer game than anticipated and fall on his own sword if it means getting Obama at his most desperate and forcing him to delay or repeal PPACA? I know it sounds like a long shot, but all this confidence in Boehner magically coming to his senses is offsetting when there have been numerous statements from Republicans indicating that they are not willing to budge and are anticipating a shutdown. Their passion far exceeds the rhetoric. Many of them are dead set on all out chaos or Obamacare repeal.

With ACA open enrollment kicking off on Tuesday regardless of whatever else happens though, won't the Republicans be in an increasingly tight spot? Government will have been shut down but the ACA will still be happening with another major milestone reached, and possibly with a lot of in the field enthusiasm depending on how strong the uptake is. They will have visibly failed.

Seems like they have tried to bluff, then when that didn't work they doubled down and tried to bluff harder which is also not going to work (well, very unlikely at least). And now they are out of time. Waiting, it seems, in my opinion, will only reflect badly on them.

This is like their rallying cry, they've never been this close to actually repealing the law, what makes people think even Boehner will roll over that easily?

How are they any closer to repealing the law than any time previously? With another milestone for the law being passed this week and Democrats and the President refusing to negotiate more resolutely than before, they are surely further away from repealing than ever?

Diablos

With ACA open enrollment kicking off on Tuesday regardless of whatever else happens though, won't the Republicans be in an increasingly tight spot? Government will have been shut down but the ACA will still be happening with another major milestone reached, and possibly with a lot of in the field enthusiasm depending on how strong the uptake is. They will have visibly failed.

Seems like they have tried to bluff, then when that didn't work they doubled down and tried to bluff harder which is also not going to work (well, very unlikely at least). And now they are out of time. Waiting, it seems, in my opinion, will only reflect badly on them.
It is hard to say, because when you make predictions about a group of people, no matter how dumb they may be, you figure they are at least semi-rational and not ideological loons. Sadly GOPers are only the latter these days with extremely rare exception.

The bottom line is these people are not rational. It is really hard to tell where they will end up imo.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
About 5 years ago, I considered myself a moderate who voted for both democrats and republicans. With the non-stop spiral into ridiculous actions and acting like petulant children when Obama does something they don't want, they've effectively turned me into a straight-ticket democrat. I'll be so until they get some reasonable leaders to take back control of the party.

I don't see that happening any time soon.

Same. At this point I think the few reasonable Republicans left should switch and leave their former brand wholly to the teatards, who then need to get destroyed in the next several elections for a clear enough message to be sent.

What happens on October 1st when Obamacare goes into effect? The law can't be delayed at that point... so what is the GOP strategy past day one? Unless I'm missing something.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
What happens on October 1st when Obamacare goes into effect? The law can't be delayed at that point... so what is the GOP strategy past day one? Unless I'm missing something.

Here is a breakdown of the rollout. Some stuff has already kicked in.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/healthcarereform/a/When-Does-Obamacare-Start.htm

Only enrollment in the exchange insurance starts on 1 October, which is the next big milestone. The exchange related coverage itself doesn't start until 1 January.

As I suggest above though, its on the verge of just getting harder and harder to repeal.

this is not true considering how countries with universal healthcare system aren't doing that much better than the US in terms of wealth

For anyone who actually thinks the ACA would be delayed, you do realize it would DESTROY our insurance industry and health care system overnight, right? The IOC of every single state has already finalized the rates and plans for 2014. Current plans are over, done, history starting in 2014. I'm leaving today on business for goodness sake to Florida to help train one of the call centers we use for ACA calls. Insurance companies have already moved into the ACA for all intents and purpose. Let the GOP fall on it's own sword because thats exactly what will happen.

For anyone who actually thinks the ACA would be delayed, you do realize it would DESTROY our insurance industry and health care system overnight, right? The IOC of every single state has already finalized the rates and plans for 2014. Current plans are over, done, history starting in 2014. I'm leaving today on business for goodness sake to Florida to help train one of the call centers we use for ACA calls. Insurance companies have already moved into the ACA for all intents and purpose. Let the GOP fall on it's own sword because thats exactly what will happen.
The GOP aren't much for long term thinkers.

Hell, motherfuckers can't even think in the short-term.

Fuchsdh

It's times like these you realize that our system isn't totally corrupted by money, because otherwise they would have all fallen in line with what the health care industry wants (ACA at this point.)

Unfortunately the system is supremely hobbled by a lack of common sense, but it's times like these I fall on my knees and thank god the founders didn't trust the rabble and created the Senate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It's times like these you realize that our system isn't totally corrupted by money, because otherwise they would have all fallen in line with what the health care industry wants (ACA at this point.)

Unfortunately the system is supremely hobbled by a lack of common sense, but it's times like these I fall on my knees and thank god the founders didn't trust the rabble and created the Senate.

This is what I don't get. Who, exactly, are they representing here? It's not the health care system. It's not the insurance industry. It's not the poor/lower-class, as they'll finally have affordable health care. Is it the rich? Does this really affect them that much? It's mind-boggling.

Diablos

yet the Senate itself is kind of a clusterfuck, lol.

If the GOP had a majority in the Senate right now you would not be dropping to your knees and praising it :p

Obamacare as a law does not matter to teaparty diehards. Had Mitt Romney won, they would not have bothered with it. Its all as about getting back at the Black Muslin President and to tarnish his legacy. They just dont want to "lose".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom