• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rand Paul calling for 1-2 week clean CR, interesting.

Not happening. They need to stop this crap now so it shuts them for the Debt ceiling.

And OMG CNN has dick morris and Gingrich speaking on shutdowns...

There's going to be a MASSIVE brain drain of Hill staffers if the Vitter amendment actually happens

Probably a brain drain even if it doesn't tbh

Yup. I don't know why the GOP even wants it to happen. Just keep it as a knock against the law. No need to actually piss off your staff.

@SenTedCruz 4m
#DontBlink

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lol

Also:

F-yeah

It's about time Reid's balls dropped.

Not happening. They need to stop this crap now so it shuts them for the Debt ceiling.

And OMG CNN has dick morris and Gingrich speaking on shutdowns...

Welcome to Piers Morgan, international dipshit extraordinaire.

For all the things Jeremy Clarkson has said and done, he will forever get a pass for hitting Piers square in his smug prick face.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There's going to be a MASSIVE brain drain of Hill staffers if the Vitter amendment actually happens

Probably a brain drain even if it doesn't tbh
I don't know. Congressional staff gets treated like shit and paid even less. This will just be the latest in a long line of them getting shit on. They seem to like it.

I don't know. Congressional staff gets treated like shit and paid even less. This will just be the latest in a long line of them getting shit on. They seem to like it.

The republicans one will all leave for lobbing/consulting jobs. Dems will stick around.

I've been hearing that a combination of Congress literally getting nothing done in recent years and the Vitter amendment would be the last straw

A lot of senior staffers who have been working there for 25-30 years are literally being faced with one of the two options: lose the retirement benefits you've been working for for 25 years or retire this year. A lot might take the latter approach.

Reid found his balls?!?!
It's about time Reid's balls dropped.
Not directed at you specifically, but PoliGAF, and I guess GAF in general, has made me grow to hate the phrase "He needs to grow some balls!".

Testicles are a very fragile pair of reproductive organs. They aren't indicative of any signs of toughness! Especially when half the population can be tough without 'em.

ugggggggghhhhhhhh
:mad:
Judging by earlier comments he found his vagina; more resilient to punishment, etc...
^^^^

Although amusing, it's really just a painful reminder of how ahistorical and ignorant vast swaths of the populace are, exacerbated by the media's willful complicity. I doubt most people even remember or care about who Bob Dole is or was. Republicans certainly had no problems telling him off when he tried to help get the Disability Treaty ratified. Just a bunch of insane ramblings about UN troops taking your children away or equally nonsensical delusions. Hard to combat the low-information voter problem if the only 'news' outlets they turn to aren't interested in educating anymore.

Sooo... What's the GOPs plan tomorrow when Obamacare is officially out in the wild?

They don't have one. That's why this was there desperate play to get it pushed back another year so that they could quickly get reelected before people saw that the world didn't come to an end and actually improved for some people.

FyreWulff

I love how the senators are so much more friendly with each other than representatives.

From the twittersphere

sxqf6.gif

You (generally) have to be more sane to win a state-wide vote

One example I like to use is the Senate is The Tonight Show / Late Show, where the House is Late Night/Last Call.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Question, I haven't followed this too much: Do the Republicans really think they can win this thing? Like, do they think this will improve their standing in the next elections?

You could turn this shit into a political Die hard movie, swear to god. Can someone try and actually be serious over there? Is it asking too much?

Huh?

Last I checked (about a week ago) everyone here was saying a shutdown would NEVER EVER happen, because rainbows and butterflies, and I said it would.

And yet Im the one not being serious?

KingGondo

Banned
Question, I haven't followed this too much: Do the Republicans really think they can win this thing? Like, do they think this will improve their standing in the next elections?
It won't hurt most of the House GOP since their constituencies are fucking insane.

Some of them are also deluded enough to think Obamacare will hurt the Dems in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom