• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

37. Would the government continue to pay unemployment benefits? Yes. The Employment and Training Administration "will continue to provide essential functions, as occurred during the shutdown of 1995," according to the Department of Labor contingency plan.

BONUS

28. Will the government still release economic data? Probably. The weekly unemployment claims number would still come out, and the September jobs report, due out Friday, probably will, too. The Department of Commerce reasons that some of its data is so economically sensitive that delaying it risks that it will be leaked.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tions-and-answers-about-the-shutdown/2888419/
Good. I'm unemployed... four interviews in the past month but no dice yet.

For me personally, as much as I care about healthcare, I'm just as concerned about the job market. If we endure a shutdown, it'll do fuck all for the job market, and likely make it worse, which doesn't help people like me.

oh boy:

RT @amandacarpenter: CRUZ will be speaking to Larry Kudlow at 7:45 CNBC

I don't think I can listen to his neanderthal anymore.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Hey, I don't like Obamacare (I want true universal healthcare).. but I'd be more willing to list to the GOP on this issue if they.. you know posed a better solution.

DarkFlow

Banned
The only really go down to the floor for votes or they want to speak. They don't really debate anything.

Compassionate convervativism

I know, but you would think they might be a bit more of them on the Eve of something like this, at least make it look like you give a shit.

Diablos

Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO 1m
Leadership is serving staffers Chipotle right now at the Capitol. Burrito bowls as the shutdown approaches.

Class act.

@robertcostaNRO 59s
Leadership is serving staffers Chipotle right now at the Capitol. Burrito bowls as the shutdown approaches.

Glad they're giving them a last supper before they vote to reduce their pay dramatically

edit:^ thief!

remist

Hey, I don't like Obamacare (I want true universal healthcare).. but I'd be more willing to list to the GOP on this issue if they.. you know posed a better solution.
I wouldn't care if their proposals were completely reasonable and I agreed with them. This is not the time time for these things to be decided.

Edit: Moran going in.

I wouldn't care if their proposals were completely reasonable and I agreed with them. This is not the time time for these things to be decided.

The time was like 4 fucking years ago. Dems gave up a ton for us to be left where we are. For the GOP to act like this is sudden or like they didn't play a roll in the PPACA is disengenuous at best. When coupled with shutdown it's worse...

ghst

thanks for the laugh
that last dude would've been spitting fire if he didn't have the same voice as the "i don't have your money, it's in bill's house..." guy from the simpsons.

kingkitty

Man, what a lousy deal though.

Delay keys parts of Obamacare for a year and we'll give you like six weeks of funding. If not we'll take a big shit on government workers!

I just talked to my dad and confirmed my worst fears: he is a tea tard and supports Cruz's nonsense. Look what you've done to my family Obama!

I just talked to my dad and confirmed my worst fears: he is a tea tard and supports Cruz's nonsense. Look what you've done to my family Obama!

Did you get the:

"Both sides are wrong"

"The exchanges will be an unmitigated disaster"

"It should be delayed a year"

Cause those are what I got. And all i could do was smh.

Did you get the:

"Both sides are wrong"

"The exchanges will be an unmitigated disaster"

"It should be delayed a year"

Cause those are what I got. And all i could do was smh.

No I got "Obama care was passed without any Republican support so Republicans have a right to demand its repeal!" He thinks it's 100% Democrats fault.

remist

They are just going to keep repeating "the democrats shut down the government, in order to give corporations, political elite and big labor special exceptions." and hope they can win the messaging battle. With how desperate the media is to be "non-partisan" I'm not super optimistic they won't get away with it.

Piecake

The GOP's solution is buying insurance across state lines.

Pretty big indication right there that Republicans don't live in the real world. I mean, all you have to do is see what happened to the credit card industry to realize that that is a horrible idea for the American people.

Diablos

They are just going to keep repeating "the democrats shut down the government, in order to give corporations, political elite and big labor special exceptions." and hope they can win the messaging battle. With how desperate the media is to be "non-partisan" I'm not super optimistic they won't get away with it.
I feel the same way, but current polls indicate GOPers would take most of the blame. That could change, though, if the media plays dumb.

Looks like Eric Cantor just burped thanks to his Mexican dinner while talking. :-D

Pretty big indication right there that Republicans don't live in the real world. I mean, all you have to do is see what happened to the credit card industry to realize that that is a horrible idea for the American people.
Yep we've been saying this ad infinitum but GOP continues to play dumb. Shocking, I know.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO 1m

Class act.

If it was Qdoba this deal would be done already.

Republican intransigence in the House is particularly frustrating given that they lost the popular House vote. A party losing the popular vote but winning a majority of seats has apparently only happened twice in the last 70 years. What is most remarkable about it is that this is the second largest majority of seats Republicans have had in the House during that same period.

Diablos

Senate is vowing to send it right on back. So much for the GOP having wishful thinking and saying they went home. You wish.

That CSPAN caller
cryingeagle-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom