• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

my-nigga.jpg

My exact words and face.

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 1m
Headline from the new NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate badly damages GOP, while Obama's approval ticks up to 47%

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 37s
By 22pt margin (53%-31%) public blames GOP more for the shutdown than Obama -- a wider margin of blame than GOP got in poll in '95-96

BUT BUT BUT GINGRICH SAID!!!

bonercop

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 1m

Obama approval at 47%, congressional Dem approval at 36%, and congressional GOP approval at 24%

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 56s

More worrisome for GOP is boomerang effect: HC law more popular than it was a month ago, majority believes gvt should do more than less

guys

guys

it's happening

GhaleonEB

Observation: the goverment fiscal year ends in September. So we could be doing this again right before the midterm elections.

That'll work out well for the GOP.

ivysaur12

Banned
@ppppolls: NBC/WSJ and Quinnipiac generic House ballots back up what we're seeing in our district level polling- big D lead widening 2014 playing field

@samsteinhp: MT @NKingofDC: JUST IN: public's view of the GOP hits an all-time low in 24 years of WSJ/NBC polling, new poll finds, w/just 24% positive.

Still a year away. But. Wow.

Jooney

Can someone give a quick summary of what's happening? The thread/news moving too fast and I'm having a busy day at the office. Thanks.

bonercop

Can someone give a quick summary of what's happening? The thread/news moving too fast and I'm having a busy day at the office. Thanks.

gop at 24% approval, carry the blame for shutdown 53%-31%, obama at 47% and dems have a +8 advantage on a generic ballot

christmas has come early, santa claus is here, and he's giving out free handjobs for everyone!

GhaleonEB

Still a year away. But. Wow.

I had that thought, but then I asked myself, what are the chances we are NOT doing some variation of this game at the end of the current fiscal year? I'd say pretty low given how things are going. The Tea Party in the House have a knack for not learning lessons and concluding they just need to tea party harder next time.

I'd wager we do this dance again.

People mistook the sky for GOP poll numbers.

Nearly sprayed my keyboard after reading that one. :lol

New NBC/WSJ poll shows:

People blame GOP over Obama more than during the Clinton shutdown (22 point margin now)

Obamacare more favorable, only 38/41 now.

Generic ballot +8 Dems

GOP favorability at record low 24% (lol!) while Obama at 47%

Ted Cruz 62% agree for him to commit seppuku on white house steps

Tea Party at 21% favorability, also an all-time low

Boehner has 17% favorability.

One more: New NBC/WSJ poll a disastrous story for GOP. 70% say Cong. Repubs are putting their OWN political agendas ahead of the good of the country

One of the above isn't true.

bonercop

I had that thought, but then I asked myself, what are the chances we are NOT doing some variation of this game at the end of the current fiscal year? I'd say pretty low given how things are going. The Tea Party in the House have a knack for not learning lessons and concluding they just need to tea party harder next time.

i think this shutdown fiasco will have reframed the "political gridlock" narrative, and if republicans are still flatly rejecting to do anything 6 months from now legislatevly(which they probably will) i don't think you'll see as much "~*if only both sides came to the middle*~"

obummercare will probably be even more popular at that point too.

ivysaur12

Banned

Nearly sprayed my keyboard after reading that one. :lol

We probably will. But, this is just amazing.

You're winning, right Ted Cruz?

EDIT: wow at those Obamacare numbers. Boomerang.

Observation: the goverment fiscal year ends in September. So we could be doing this again right before the midterm elections.

That'll work out well for the GOP.
Was just thinking about that when Collins plan was discussed. The party needs to plan for this in the current fights. Make the status quo acceptable for dems but make sure there's just enough to generate tea party rage

AniHawk

districts are generally +4r right now, right? because of the gerrymandering? so if they do this shit again, we'll probably see the dems sweep the house back up with a decent margin, right?

would be nice if the last two years of obama was about immigration reform and energy.

Diablos

Chris Christie doomed?
Depends on if the GOP changes their primary system for Presidential elections.

If Christie was smart he'd be trying to do some serious behind the scenes stuff with party leaders to make the primary schedule benefit him.

He probably won't or will fail in doing so, and he will go the way of Jon Huntsman... bottom of the barrel till the very end.

Depends on if the GOP changes their primary system for Presidential elections.

If Christie was smart he'd be trying to do some serious behind the scenes stuff with party leaders to make the primary schedule benefit him.

He probably won't or will fail in doing so, and he will go the way of Jon Huntsman... bottom of the barrel till the very end.

...I was referring to next month

Tamanon

Banned
Now is the perfect time for Chris Christie to start railing against the do-nothings in Washington. A "Get America back to work" spiel could really spark him.

Diablos

This is b a n a n a s.
It starts to help people -- immediately.

That has a real effect. Someone's son or daughter, mom or dad with a serious condition who could never get health insurance before -- just think about that. Makes a huge impression on people. And rightfully so.

Jooney

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

New NBC/WSJ poll shows:

People blame GOP over Obama more than during the Clinton shutdown (22 point margin now)

Obamacare more favorable, only 38/41 now.

Generic ballot +8 Dems

GOP favorability at record low 24% (lol!) while Obama at 47%

Ted Cruz 62% agree for him to commit seppuku on white house steps

Tea Party at 21% favorability, also an all-time low

Boehner has 17% favorability.

One more: New NBC/WSJ poll a disastrous story for GOP. 70% say Cong. Repubs are putting their OWN political agendas ahead of the good of the country

One of the above isn't true.

antoniobanderas.gif

Obama rejected the short term deal.

antoniobanderas.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom