• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This really just keeps getting better. People shouting "Slimdown" are gonna look baaaaaaaad come 2014.

ivysaur12

Banned
Has anyone unskewed the polls yet?

This really just keeps getting better. People shouting "Slimdown" are gonna look baaaaaaaad come 2014.

Go to Google news and search for "slimdown." Every article comes from Fox News, except one about weight loss from CBS News. It's amazing.

Sibylus

Banned
So, holy shit, the Tea Party's approval ratings are almost eclipsing the Republican Party's approval ratings? I hope this GOPageddon-third-parties-running-in-the-streets apocalypse actually comes to fruition, but as with most things I'm skeptical.

Not really. They're doing God's work. The oils mean nothing, it's just another test. This slimdown is the last chance to save America from liberal destruction

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

I was watching Fox and Friends this morning (I'm a masochist), and the way they "unskewed" poll numbers was they showed Obama's general approval ratings (NOT the numbers that balme him for the CR/DL issues), and then didn't mention any other poll result, before going on to say effectively "How can anyone say the President isn't taking most of the blame for this? Looks bad for Obama".

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I watched Fox News long enough to hear judge napaliano that both sides are feeling the pressure to compromise, Boehner from the business side and obama from the "media" side (read: fox news?).

Go to Google news and search for "slimdown." Every article comes from Fox News, except one about weight loss from CBS News. It's amazing.

I think Fox News might be over thinking their messaging strategy.

Gotta say I'm somewhat concerned about the lack of updates on what's happening. First report was that Obama rejected the House's offer, then that he didn't say yes or no. They'll be "negotiating" tonight. But after that poll there should be no point in even talking. Open the government, extend the debt ceiling, then gtfo.

Wilsongt

Did someone on GAF ghost write this Fox News opinion piece? It sounds like something you'd hear on GAF.

Move over Jimmy Carter, Obama has my vote for worst president -- ever

America has had some great presidents, many mediocre ones and a few bad ones. But we’ve never had one like Barack Obama. He’s the first who thinks the job is beneath him.

He’s the first who turns political give-and-take into a crisis by refusing to negotiate with Congress.

He’s the first who thinks the way to more power is to inflict pain on ordinary people.

The move to barricade the World War II memorial reveals the mentality of a tin-pot dictator. The limited government shutdown did not need to affect the memorial because it is open 24 hours, without gates and often without guards.

I’ve been saying for a while that there is no bottom to Obama. He’s not just ruthless. He’s without scruples and honor.

But to turn public opinion in his favor, Obama’s goons trucked in barricades to keep out World War II vets and other visitors. By one estimate, the barricades and workers cost $100,000.

The same punish-the-people attitude led to shutdowns of other parks and historic sites that get no federal funding.

“We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting,” a Park Service ranger told The Washington Times.

The ranger cited the order to close the parking lot at George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon so visitors couldn’t use it. The cheap trick captured the contrast between a revered president and the current one.

However the shutdown ends, it will bring only a temporary respite from the crisis atmosphere in Washington. When it comes to his countrymen, Obama always chooses conflict over cooperation.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter can rest easy. We have a new worst president.

He must be one of the 5% who support Congress.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gotta say I'm somewhat concerned about the lack of updates on what's happening. First report was that Obama rejected the House's offer, then that he didn't say yes or no. They'll be "negotiating" tonight. But after that poll there should be no point in even talking. Open the government, extend the debt ceiling, then gtfo.

That's probably what Obama is going to say. I can't imagine him actually giving the GOP anything at this point. If anything he should be trying to get more out of them.

teiresias

Obama should be all like, "So you want to talk about the budget? Alright, pass a clean CR/DL and then we'll request another conference committee about a budget and this time you can not reject it. Have your concession and like it."

"Black people never do things right of course. They should never be in charge because they are inferior and not smart. Look at all those "urban" inner city kids."

-Journalist from Fox News

Konka

Banned

Isn't it kinda late at night for any major news? It's not like tomorrow is the deadline.

OMG 3 hours without news!

GhaleonEB

Shouldn't we be trying to do this dance? Seems fun. They have two left feet.

Obama should ask for a CR that expires like two weeks before the election.

If I thought we could get a Dem Senate and House for another two years with Obama in office, I'd be all for it. They'll be so eager to get stuff done after four years of gridlock they would probably surpass the productivity of the 111th Congress.

Of course, the actual budget 'expires' six weeks before the election, so that alone might do the trick. :lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think the situation is really comparable...

I know it isn't but say if the House was willing to take a vote on the Senate's clean CR or vote to raise the Debt Ceiling for a year tonight, that would be newsworthy enough to put it out there.

JCizzle

How can anyone in their right mind think Jimmy Carter was the worst president?

Michael Goodwin is a Fox News contributor and New York Post columnist.

JQB7k.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Steve King is a crazy person. What world do these people live in where we're borrowing money from the Chinese to create a barrier around the national monument as Obama looks down with his joint from the oval office and smiles at those poor honkies?

KingK

districts are generally +4r right now, right? because of the gerrymandering? so if they do this shit again, we'll probably see the dems sweep the house back up with a decent margin, right?

would be nice if the last two years of obama was about immigration reform and energy.

I still don't think it will happen, but I actually do think there's a small chance of retaking the House. The idea of Obama's last two years having a Democratic congress sounds pretty fucking great. I imagine immigration, infrastructure spending, and climate/energy could make some good progress in that scenario.

Just looked at the polling again - Harry Reid deserves better. 18% currently.

Because he's the hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight

I've hated Harry Reid for years because of him frequently being so spineless, but I have to give him respect for handling this whole situation very well.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So why did they block open air monuments?

Seems like the GOP staged a win win media op there. If they are closed, complain, if they are open say slim down not so bad.

Riki

So why did they block open air monuments?

Seems like the GOP staged a win win media op there. If they are closed, complain, if they are open say slim down not so bad.

Liability.
You can't just have people running around Mount Rushmore or the Washington Monument and ruining it with no security. And heaven forbid someone get hurt there with no one on duty.
And this really isn't helping the GOP any. Since, you know, they're to blame for them being closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom